Breaking Down Kolby Listenbee as More than a Deep Threat

So the fact that Dez looks much improved doesnt sway your opinion here?

I really like keeping my own drafted guys if at all possible.

That's always the goal if possible... I just think Lewis needs more time... So much so, that he may end up running out of it...

Size is just one of the prerequisites to being a big target... You also have to be dominant... Once that ball leaves the QB's hand, it's YOURS by inalienable right... Dominant wide-outs enforce that right with every muscle, bone, and tendon in their body...

I've watched much of the available tape on Dez, and I don't see dominance... In college, I saw him out-running, and out-leaping future car salesmen at the D3 level.... With us, i'm not really sure what I saw... It just know it didn't look like a finished professional product....IF Lewis did, in fact, take a step forward, (And I'm not saying he did.) -It had better be a *#ing huge one.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those guys were worth anything, they wouldn't get cut.

Not necessarily true... They may feel like they're set at WR... They may have drafted better immediate options... In the Redskunks case, they already had Desean Jackson and Pierre Garcon. -Then they just drafted Josh Doctson... That's a HARD team to make as a UDFA wideout.. -And I haven't even mentioned Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis.

Not necessarily true... They may feel like they're set at WR... They may have drafted better immediate options... In the Redskunks case, they already had Desean Jackson and Pierre Garcon. -Then they just drafted Josh Doctson... That's a HARD team to make as a UDFA wideout.. -And I haven't even mentioned Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis.

Teams keep at least five wide receivers. Read and Davis are tight ends. You listed just three wide receivers for the Redskins.

No he didn't.

They drafted him in the 7th round of the 2009 draft and have never released him.

It's possible that you're thinking of Danny Woodhead, who was cut by the Jets

Edelman did hit free agency after having a great year filling in for Welker though...........and I was dumbfounded that nobody made a push for him........especially the WR talent starved Bills who had seen the kind of football player he was.

Edelman did hit free agency after having a great year filling in for Welker though...........and I was dumbfounded that nobody made a push for him........especially the WR talent starved Bills who had seen the kind of football player he was.

Edelman is the product of Brady. He's really JAG when it comes down to it.

And he's annoying as hell.

People said the same about Decker with Manning.

Edelman is a fine receiver, IMO.

I'm not saying he's terrible. He's better than anyone on the Bills roster not wearing #14 at the position. But he's not an elite WR, he's not a #1 or even a #2 anywhere outside of New Cheatland.

I do remember that, and also admit to being surprised that nobody picked him up.

They were obviously thinking that Amendola would be their new Welker, and didn't envision Edelman being the more effective of the two.

And yes, he's a total a-hole.

I do remember that, and also admit to being surprised that nobody picked him up.

They were obviously thinking that Amendola would be their new Welker, and didn't envision Edelman being the more effective of the two.

And yes, he's a total a-hole.

i recall the 49ers were making a push to get Edelman in FA. Don't recall the details but I know he visited and there was mutual interest. But it's true that he wasn't yet the player at that time that he is now. IMO Edited by YoloinOhio

Teams keep at least five wide receivers. Read and Davis are tight ends. You listed just three wide receivers for the Redskins.

Reed and Davis are both formidable weapons downfield... I didn't need to mention Jamison Crowder, and Ryan Grant to make the point.... This is a HARD roster to make at WR... Even if Diggs is an excellent prospect, there's a high probability he'll be cut...

The bolts cut a UDFA named Wes Welker in 2004... He sure turned out to be worthless... Kurt Warner got cut by the Pack in '94.... James Harrison got cut at least TWICE by the Steelers... Your statement is inaccurate at best.

I realize that some are looking at the fact Dez is a small school product.....its a valid opinion

but

Lets keep in mind with these small school prospects....if they had gone to major colleges they probably get drafted way higher then we have the ability to take them.....so they are basically unpolished gems.

in Dez first year he looked so bad I thought he might get cut......but in the back of it all......is the small school prospect thing. He needed time.....

in his second year everyone notices the jump....to me this is a offseason conditioning program and getting a chance to compete against higher level competition.....now he comes into the 2nd year and everyone.....coaches......uneducated eyes of media....everyone making remarks of improvement.

He does need to carry it over to pads....but usually big physical players carry over to pads pretty well (just like Ragland.....who you didnt hear a lot about in shorts I expect to hear a lot more about when they go to pads)

I think Dez Lewis does not go to practice squad this year and makes the regular roster. Behind Watkins and Woods.....there is a lot of opportunity this year and we NEED size at the WR position.

He is sort of an athletic freak... At Kent state he was QB and the team's leading rusher

Sure, he's talented but he does nothing elite at the position. He's not super fast. He's not super agile. He doesn't have elite hands (he has good hands). He doesn't break tackles and isn't elite at running routes.

If it wasn't for Brady, he'd be bouncing from team to team. He's JAG.

• 4 weeks later...