Breaking Down Kolby Listenbee as More than a Deep Threat

It's a million times easier to play receiver in the NFL nowadays but it's such a dependent position that who knows. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you can get open.

Dude should just hang with Sammy non stop because Watkins is an amazing route runner.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a million times easier to play receiver in the NFL nowadays but it's such a dependent position that who knows. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you can get open.

Dude should just hang with Sammy non stop because Watkins is an amazing route runner.

the video clips show his QB trusted him enough to beat two guys covering. He should hang with both Sammy and Robert

A couple of things

When I watched tape of Listenbee one of the first things I noticed is how many times he had to slow down or wait for a ball to get to him......on plays where he was able to just run underneath a pass things seemed to go pretty well....meet Tyrod Taylor and his wonderful deep ball arm.

I have always had this philosophy that if a player does something extremely well....and they are willing to work.....then they can have a long productive career.....you cannot teach the speed that Kolbe has.......

He can start out for this team as being a guy that runs coverage deep allowing Watkins, Clay, and Woods to work underneath it.....and then go from there.

• 1 month later...

Saw Listenbee going to the orthopedic surgeons office today. Hope he's not injured. We know he has the hernia taken care of so maybe it's just a follow up for that. But he's pretty well put together. Hes probably 6'2” 200 and he's doesn't have any body fat whatsoever. Not built like that other track star on the team who is still waiting to go through puberty

But with that size and speed, if he can run routes and catch the ball then he could turn into quite a player

What gives me hope is that he shows the potential to catch contested balls....doesn't do it consistently, but is pretty well covered in some of those clips.

Short-intermediate target... Lord knows we need more action in the middle of the field... Kolby could be our Julian Edelman quick-hit threat.

We still need that BIG guy tho... 6'3" or better... The Bengals are checking out this Alonzo Russell kid, and the Redskunks are having a look at Reggie Diggs... BOTH are UDFA's and IMO, better prospects than Dez Lewis... One or both might get cut... I'd love to bring them in for a once-over.

Edited by #34fan

Short-intermediate target... Lord knows we need more action in the middle of the field... Kolby could be our Julian Edelman quick-hit threat.

We still need that BIG guy tho... 6'3" or better... The Bengals are checking out this Alonzo Russell kid, and the Redskunks are having a look at Reggie Diggs... BOTH are UDFA's and IMO, better prospects than Dez Lewis... One or both might get cut... I'd love to bring them in for a once-over.

So the fact that Dez looks much improved doesnt sway your opinion here?

I really like keeping my own drafted guys if at all possible.

If those guys were worth anything, they wouldn't get cut.