The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

They were one win away from the playoffs last year, and were in contention to the very end. Yes, their QB situation is a bit of a muddle, but they also drafted a healthy player in the first round who I think will help an already good defense a lot. Not a major stretch to say they are the 2d best team in the East.

Rather than debate what is technically true: do you think the Jets are a better team than the Bills?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were one win away from the playoffs last year, and were in contention to the very end. Yes, their QB situation is a bit of a muddle, but they also drafted a healthy player in the first round who I think will help an already good defense a lot. Not a major stretch to say they are the 2d best team in the East.

It's a huge stretch. Their schedule is brutal and they might not have Wilkerson or Fitz.

Definitely under the provision that Fitzmagic reigns supreme.

They have better head coaching and defensive coordination.

I'm suspect of one side of the oline, our receivers even if Watkins is ok, our d line and our linebackers.

We are not the team some seem to suggest.

I also don't think TT makes it through the whole season.

Finally, what is the over/ under on games Highes gets ejected from in light of the new personal foul rule. Bet we are in the top three in penalties.

But I still love them and this too shale pass😜

Definitely under the provision that Fitzmagic reigns supreme.

They have better head coaching and defensive coordination.

I'm suspect of one side of the oline, our receivers even if Watkins is ok, our d line and our linebackers.

We are not the team some seem to suggest.

I also don't think TT makes it through the whole season.

Finally, what is the over/ under on games Highes gets ejected from in light of the new personal foul rule. Bet we are in the top three in penalties.

But I still love them and this too shale pass

So that explains why the Bills beat them twice in 2015?

From my POV, they were 8-8 in both years. That win against the Pats in week 17 of 2014 is tainted since they didn't try.

One could argue many of our wins/losses shouldn't 'count' because of many variables... slippery slope, imo. I'd rather just stick with the actual numbers.

One could argue many of our wins/losses shouldn't 'count' because of many variables... slippery slope, imo. I'd rather just stick with the actual numbers.

You're free to do that and I'm sure you're proud of that great win in Foxboro.

The next few days will be why I sometimes hate being a Bills fan-

The negative BS about to start spewing on this site and on WGR will be monumentally ugly-

Let the negativity begin!!!!

Too Fudging bad. Until they show us some success, they deserve whatever they get.

Ehhh - they got browns raiders. We got Chiefs and Bengals. Finishing 4-12 the year previously helped their schedule.

Also, we swept them a year ago. That typically indicates that we were better than they were.

Edited by dneveu

So he's gonna miss time. If he comes back healthy and plays 4.5 years of good football then they still got their moneys worth on the pick. In the mean time someone else needs to step up, maybe Washington becomes the starter and surprises? Either way seasons not over in May. Yeah. MAY lmao.

Sammys injuries are becoming a concern of mine, i'm not a dr so I won't comment on his being injury prone or not but I hope not so we can see what he becomes.

Where else is he going? Nobody else wants him and nobody is going to pay him what he is asking for. Id be shocked if he's not back.

He said he would rather retire than work for the amount they are offering.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15421505/ryan-fitzpatrick-sit-new-york-jets-budge

I don't know one way or the other. The Jets were decent last year, but they did have a soft schedule. I didn't think the Jets had any chance to be 2nd in the division last year. Some would call that being a realist last year. I'd call it my opinion. The problem with being a realist on the internet is that there is no accountability. The "realists" come back when they are right to confirm their realist POV and don't come back when they are wrong. Or if they do come back when they are wrong, they often qualify it as circumstances changed.

The optimistic crowd is the same way and makes the same proclamations, I figure it is more widely accepted because it is what rooting for your team is, even against the odds. Just my 2 cents.

Is Geno gonna give them the same kind of record-breaking season at QB that Fitz had last year?

GO BILLS!!!

It is very likely that Fitz will be their starting qb when the season starts. Right now both sides are taking hard stances that will ultimately end up with a love fest contract signing.

Are the Jets better than the Bills? I really can't say. What I can say is that their HC is not only better than ours but that he is also a more mature and disciplined coach. I don't believe that it is unfair to say that last year their HC got his team to play up to its talent level better than our more colorful coach got his team to play up to its talent level.

Bills and Jets are similar teams.

Bills have the edge at QB which makes a big difference, but the Jets demonstrated better, more consistent coaching last year despite the Bills beating them twice.

I'd say both teams are between 7-9 to 9-7 next season. Miami is a complete question mark to me. They could be good, average or bad. None of which would surprise me. The Patriots are the Patriots. Your obvious division winner.

Bowles made some horrendous game-management decisions last year.

I think back to Week 17, when the Jets are playing for their playoff lives...Buffalo is facing a 2nd-and-goal at the 17 with 2:00 left in the half. Buffalo completes a 4-yard pass in bounds, and Bowles allows them to run the play clock all the way down to zero and call a timeout despite having two timeouts left himself. Okay, maybe he's worried about a DPI penalty or something. Then Buffalo runs a QB draw on 3rd and goal from the 13, with Taylor sliding down in bounds, and Bowles again allows the play clock to run all the way down to zero (when Buffalo calls a timeout).

The Jets were also kicking off to start the 2nd half.

Atrocious game management.

It is very likely that Fitz will be their starting qb when the season starts. Right now both sides are taking hard stances that will ultimately end up with a love fest contract signing.

Are the Jets better than the Bills? I really can't say. What I can say is that their HC is not only better than ours but that he is also a more mature and disciplined coach. I don't believe that it is unfair to say that last year their HC got his team to play up to its talent level better than our more colorful coach got his team to play up to its talent level.

Did they though?

Exchange out the Browns and the Raiders for the Bengals and the Chiefs and do you think our records would have been reversed?

Edit: in the theme of this thread, this is something the negative nancies would trumpet if the situation were actually reversed.

Edited by What a Tuel

Did they though?

Exchange out the Browns and the Raiders for the Bengals and the Chiefs and do you think our records would have been reversed?

I am comfortable in saying that their team played up to their talent level better than our team did. If you disagree with that assessment that is fine. My suggestion is to trust your eyes more than your heart.

A generation of excuses is no longer acceptable.