Falcons to End Price Gouging on Concessions

They will get lots of free publicity now but when it is time to sell they will mention the fine print like limit of one deal per PSL per game.

I doubt there will be any fine print as you stated. That would be a 180 from what was stated in the linked article. The owner would take a beating if he pulled a bait and switch.

Atlanta is notorious for having a hard time getting people into the stadiums for their pro sports teams. Even when the Braves were dominating MLB for a few years straight, some of the world series games didnt sell out.

Agreed. Before they lost their hockey team, you could get tickets for Thrasher games for like $8.

Atlanta is a crappy sports city (and blah city overall), IMO.

By the way, on the concessions, I bet it is a very small part of their revenue. I am guessing that like over 80% of their revenue comes from suites and season tickets.

With good paying middle income jobs disappearing , even if minimum wages goes to $15 people will not be able to go to games.

If wage goes to $15 the price of everything around it goes up also... the Gov't never thinks that part through.

Agreed. Before they lost their hockey team, you could get tickets for Thrasher games for like $8.

By the way, on the concessions, I bet it is a very small part of their revenue. I am guessing that like over 80% of their revenue comes from suites and season tickets.

As a reluctant Atlanta resident, I have a few thoughts there:

* Philips Arena has no leg room for people of even average height. Went to ONE Hawks game and walked the whole second half due to feeling claustrophobic. A shame.

* The Georgia Dome is a sterile example of everything wrong with domes. The new facility will at least be interesting.

* The Braves play in a crappy part of town. The new stadium will be close to where I live (along with where the tickets buyers live), but the Braves will still suck.

The best thing about Atlanta sports is when they host events and bring in out of town college fans. There is some serious energy when they import people living on vacation dollars and adult beverages. Even the local people are more into college football than anything else.

With all the sprawl and traffic, it's like a humid Los Angeles. You just have to sub out the attractive people and their plastic surgery for morbidly obese people and their adult onset diabetes.

As a reluctant Atlanta resident, I have a few thoughts there:

* Philips Arena has no leg room for people of even average height. Went to ONE Hawks game and walked the whole second half due to feeling claustrophobic. A shame.

I think this is actually a pretty common problem, especially in the lower bowl. I've sat there in around 10 different NHL arenas. I don't remember an exact count, but the majority of them were very cramped (I'm 6'2, so not exactly a giant). When my 5 foot tall wife complains about the lack of leg room, you know it's an issue (PNC Arena in Raleigh). They're just like planes, cramming as many seats in there as possible, comfort be damned.

I think this is actually a pretty common problem, especially in the lower bowl. I've sat there in around 10 different NHL arenas. I don't remember an exact count, but the majority of them were very cramped (I'm 6'2, so not exactly a giant). When my 5 foot tall wife complains about the lack of leg room, you know it's an issue (PNC Arena in Raleigh). They're just like planes, cramming as many seats in there as possible, comfort be damned.

Maybe the wiser move is to make people want to come, rather than cram them in so they never return. I agree, it's pretty common. Some are better than others. My college hoops team has a great arena and I look forward to that trip every year. Tampa isn't bad either, but then we used to go there when only a few dozen other people attended Lightning games, so it made things quite comfortable and spacious. .

As a guy who gets a hot dog at pretty much every sporting event I attend (it's part of the ritual), I hope they have GOOD hotdogs! There's a big difference depending upon venue. Is it a big fat juicy one or a smushed steamed one they kept warm by sitting on it? I look forward to finding out.