Falcons to End Price Gouging on Concessions

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/nfls-atlanta-falcons-making-stadium-food-affordable/story?id=39121569

NFL fans will no longer feel like they're paying an arm and a leg on stadium concession food, at least if they're taking in a game at the Atlanta Falcons' future home.

The team's new $1.4 billion Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which opens next year, will sell a number of menu items for $5 or less, even for major events such as the Super Bowl or college bowl games. The stadium is slated to host the NCAA men's Final Four basketball games in 2020.

$2: Non-alcoholic drinks with unlimited free refills

$2: Dasani bottled water, hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn

$3: Peanuts, pizza, nachos, waffle fries

$5: 12 oz. domestic beer

The national average cost of a beer at NFL stadiums is $7.42, while soft drinks at other stadiums average $4.79, according to Team Marketing Report.

Wow, i find that hard to believe. $2 soda's with refills and $5beers...pretty awesome.

Now, about that $20K PSL...hope that adds to your experience as well!

They'll get you one way or another!

The new stadium looks like it will be very cool, even for those who are not fans of domes. Reasonable prices? I wonder why they'd do that. I doubt it affects attendance, especially in anew venue. I'll go check it out when it's done.

They'll get you one way or another!

The new stadium looks like it will be very cool, even for those who are not fans of domes. Reasonable prices? I wonder why they'd do that. I doubt it affects attendance, especially in anew venue. I'll go check it out when it's done.

we will see the cost to get in the door and pay those. they arent cutting revenue out of the goodness of their hearts, they are restructuring in an effort to maximize it.

we will see the cost to get in the door and pay those. they arent cutting revenue out of the goodness of their hearts, they are restructuring in an effort to maximize it.

Agreed, (very creative) restructuring to make the most cash possible and to pay for the fancy new digs. Hard to believe that place will be done in time. The old Georgia dome is everything wrong with sterile, domed stadiums. The new place should be very cool.

NFL teams are going to have to keep finding solutions to get people to the games. Too expensive to attend one or two games when you can use that same $ and watch all season on NFL Sunday ticket.

Exactly. All this is is creative accounting and good PR.

$5.00 budweisers are still $4.50 more than that swill is worth.

Anytime I go to an event that sells even five dollar domestic beer I'm still in awe of the markup. You can buy 24 oz domestic beers at a gas station for less than the same amount of bottled water. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Atlanta is notorious for having a hard time getting people into the stadiums for their pro sports teams. Even when the Braves were dominating MLB for a few years straight, some of the world series games didnt sell out.