2005 Salary Cap Analysis

He has explained this in his article and about a dozen times in similiar threads

246712[/snapback]

exactly........time and time again.........some people are just too stubborn to see it i guess.........

you don't have to agree with his methology, but it's very easy to see how he is getting his number and why he feels billsdaily is incorrect with their number.....

He has explained this in his article and about a dozen times in similiar threads

246712[/snapback]

I read it and it doesnt answer the question I posed, this guy is more like 7 mill away from BillsDaily's assessment of how much cap we have. ESPN also has posted a similar figure to BillsDaily.

exactly........time and time again.........some people are just too stubborn to see it i guess.........

you don't have to agree with his methology, but it's very easy to see how he is getting his number and why he feels billsdaily is incorrect with their number.....

246716[/snapback]

You can believe whoever you want. I hope this isnt a veiled attempt to try to convince people that we cant afford such and so player. Posters who operate like that are wrong time and time again. I think I will remember CP's cap number and at the end of FA lets see who was more accurate!

We will sign big name players like it or not and with TD onboard it happens almost every year!

You can believe whoever you want. I hope this isnt a veiled attempt to try to convince people that we cant afford such and so player. Posters who operate like that are wrong time and time again. I think I will remember CP's cap number and at the end of FA lets see who was more accurate!

We will sign big name players like it or not and with TD onboard it happens almost every year!

246719[/snapback]

And if TD re-works more players to create cap space, then maybe some people will believe me :doh:

246719[/snapback]

As far as the MW cap number I think there are three parts of it an two are definite:

1. NFLPA.com > http://www.nflpa.org/media/playerProfile.asp?ID=32980 < reports MW's base salary cap hit at $4 million. This number is a real number as the NFLPA.com site reflects numbers that the NFL and NFLPA agree upon and if they were in error there would be even bigger problems to deal with lile a breakdown of the the trust which underlies the CBA which is the foundation of the working agreement. The number here is simply his base salary as relflected in the other annual salary numbers for MW on this page. It is definite until MW and the Bills BOTH agree to change it by restructuring his deal.

2. MW is reported in the press to have been awarded with his #4 draftee sklot a bonus of $12+ dollars which is prorated over a contract which runs through the 2007 season resulting in an annual cap hit of roughly $2.1 million. This number has been widely reported, makes sense based on reports of what picks #3 and #5 got and are definite also.

3. Clumpy reports that there is an additional $3 million bonus MW is to be paid and I'm not sure where he got this figure from (but given CP's past diligence and thoroughness I have seen nothing tangible to doubt this number and the Bills Daily site is also a good source for numbers but as Steve is upfront about siting that his number comes from press reports and archived material a disacrpancy with CP's number is far from enough to declare CP's number wrong.

At any rate, the 3rd item makes a significant difference in how much work th Nills and MW will have to do but does not make any difference in what they have to do. Whether MW's 2005 cap # is the $6.1 million I'm sure about or the $9.17 million CP is sure about MW needs to restructure the deal because he has not played near the level of a top 10 OL cap hit (anything above $6 million), most of those cap hits go to LTs or a couple of multiple Pro Bowl guards, and either figure combines with what is the likely JJ asking price (5+ million a year) to make resigning JJ and MWs cap hits and getting new talent at LG impossible to do all three.

One can argue all you want about where the $3 million number comes from but it does not matter in terms of what we choose to in general. The specifics will determine the specific outcome but there are some other decisions which will proceed these details whether you choose to belive the larger possible or smaller possible number for MW.