5-12: Aaron Kromer Talks Bills' OL & RT Battle on the JMS

Aaron Kromer: "There's something to continuity" (15:32)

Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer sat down on The John Murphy Show to discuss the continuity with the offensive line, the battle at the right tackle position, the offseason additions, and building on their success in 2016.

Kromer on improvements in O-Line - I think there will be more continuity this year. We can be more efficient in our blocking schemes #Bills

Kromer on Richie Incognito - he leads by example in practice and on the field. He's showing the young guys how do it (in the NFL) #Bills

Kromer on RT - we have 3 good prospects (Henderson, Mills, Kouandjio). Those 3 will need to fight it out #Bills

Kromer on draft - we're all looking to win, and if these guys who are coming in can help us win, we're looking forward to it #Bills

Have to wait and see what players on other teams are available June 1.

Injuries , Henderson's health and Kromer being suspended part of last season, should get off to a much better start this season.

Well they have everyone back from last year starter wise. . Valascoe takes Urbik's spot. I do agree continuity is important on the oline. I also have to think the Bills have a positive feeling about Hendersons chances of keeping his Condition under control for the most part.

If a solid tackle Vet shakes loose later in the summer , I'm sure the Bills will look at it as insurance. The fact the Bills brought in Slausson speaks that they would like a little more insurance if something happens to Henderson.

I agree with continuity. I can't remember the last time the entire group of starters was back on the O-line.

I'm not expecting magic. But we did start to see progress near the end of last year. I know from family experience that Crohns can kick your ass when not treated, and then cab have no effect when it is.

I agree with continuity. I can't remember the last time the entire group of starters was back on the O-line.

I'm not expecting magic. But we did start to see progress near the end of last year. I know from family experience that Crohns can kick your ass when not treated, and then cab have no effect when it is.

Murph said the last time the Bills had all 5 starters return on the offensive line was something like 20 years ago.

Murph said the last time the Bills had all 5 starters return on the offensive line was something like 20 years ago.

you could probably pick 5 random positions and have it be quite awhile. free agency makes rosters turn over fast outside of a couple cornerstone players.

you could probably pick 5 random positions and have it be quite awhile. free agency makes rosters turn over fast outside of a couple cornerstone players.

True, but you don't necessarily strive for continuity between 5 random positions like you do with the offensive line.

Well they have everyone back from last year starter wise. . Valascoe takes Urbik's spot. I do agree continuity is important on the oline. I also have to think the Bills have a positive feeling about Hendersons chances of keeping his Condition under control for the most part.

If a solid tackle Vet shakes loose later in the summer , I'm sure the Bills will look at it as insurance. The fact the Bills brought in Slausson speaks that they would like a little more insurance if something happens to Henderson.

Wait, I thought Slausson was a center/guard? Were we looking at him to play RT?

Did the host ask Kromer if he has any beach trips planned before training camp?

Ha, ha! "Step away from the Beach Chairs Aaron!"

True, but you don't necessarily strive for continuity between 5 random positions like you do with the offensive line.

Right- my point was that any continuity on a roster more than a year or two is rare- that a gut reaction that we had neglected the group wouldn't really be fair based on that stat.

As Kromer mentioned of sorts. Much like D backs. they are the most important "teams ' affected by continuity.

Right- my point was that any continuity on a roster more than a year or two is rare- that a gut reaction that we had neglected the group wouldn't really be fair based on that stat.

just to add in without much relevance, Bills have rarely had a good line. Not one that has stood out to me. Quite the opposite actually .

They have had plenty of turnover.

Having a solid 3 vets is pretty amazing much less having 2 more potential starters from last year. For the Bills specifically N S.

Advantage ? Bills +

Ah Hah! You're one of the three Triskelion entities. Now I know why you're such a contrarian. :lol:

maybe this little convo should move to pm.

I think they are going Henderson Mills.

and someone else. maybe a UDFA actually