Ross Tucker Likes the Bills and Tyrod in 2016

Ross Tucker: "I'm a Huge Believer in Tyrod Taylor" (14:03)
Former Bills guard and Sirius XM NFL Radio host Ross Tucker joined The John Murphy Show to discuss why he likes the Bills and Tyrod Taylor in 2016, the Jets current predicament with QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he’s offering his services at this year’s NFL Broadcast Boot Camp.

It sure sounds that way if Tucker is to be believed.

Ralph is cheap!

I always assumed it was ol' whitey Tom Donahoe wanting his top pick JP Losman to start playing. Didn't Troy Vincent break JP's leg in their first camp?

Ralph is cheap!

I always assumed it was ol' whitey Tom Donahoe wanting his top pick JP Losman to start playing. Didn't Troy Vincent break JP's leg in their first camp?

Indeed he did. I think it also came on a hit out of bounds

Indeed he did. I think it also came on a hit out of bounds

I'm surprised so little was made of that, a player taking out your 1st round QB. Can you imagine that happening today? How big an anal orifice was JP to deserve that?

I'm surprised so little was made of that, a player taking out your 1st round QB. Can you imagine that happening today? How big an anal orifice was JP to deserve that?

Didn't they collide out of bounds, on a practice play? Wasn't like he was headhunting JP...

Would have been interesting to see if having that time at camp would have helped ol John Paul.

Didn't they collide out of bounds, on a practice play? Wasn't like he was headhunting JP...

Would have been interesting to see if having that time at camp would have helped ol John Paul.

There was never much said about it but the rumor was TV was sending a message to JP who the vets thought was demanding respect before earning it.

My understanding was that Vincent wasn't trying to hurt JP, he just didn't "ease up" as most vets do in training camp practices. He was definitely sending a message, and his delivery of said message rivals the best of what UPS and FedEx can offer.

Looks like Tucker has been reading some posters here on TBD...

Fans know best.

Ultimately it is the owner that makes or breaks a team And Ralph was big reason for so many poor seasons here. Hopefully Pegs figures it out quick.

"The shame of it is I found out years later from multiple sources that Mularkey never wanted to move on from Bledsoe in the first place. As a former player himself, Mularkey knew that as soon as the organization did that he would lose the team. Alas, the decision was made over his head."

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/177306434/ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-free-agent-bills-bledsoe

Fans know best.

Ultimately it is the owner that makes or breaks a team And Ralph was big reason for so many poor seasons here. Hopefully Pegs figures it out quick.

[/url]

You don't see a difference yet?

Fans know best.

"The shame of it is I found out years later from multiple sources that Mularkey never wanted to move on from Bledsoe in the first place. As a former player himself, Mularkey knew that as soon as the organization did that he would lose the team. Alas, the decision was made over his head."

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/177306434/ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-free-agent-bills-bledsoe

That's a double edged sword because Bledsoe blew chunks.

You don't see a difference yet?

yes.

I believe that Pegs will do what ever it takes to win whereas Ralph did not supporting my point that it is on the owners to make a winning franchise.

They just don't have the experience yet and if Rexall flames out I believe they will gut every thing (except Brandon) and rebuild.

That's a double edged sword because Bledsoe blew chunks.

We just needed a line to protect the stationary one. He started out great but you know...

yes.

I believe that Pegs will do what ever it takes to win whereas Ralph did not supporting my point that it is on the owners to make a winning franchise.

They just don't have the experience yet and if Rexall flames out I believe they will gut every thing (except Brandon) and rebuild.

We just needed a line to protect the stationary one. He started out great but you know...

Bledsoe didn't have much success with Dallas after leaving Buffalo though. I think that justifies the decision to move on as being the correct one. Just because we didn't end up with anyone better doesn't mean moving on wasn't the right thing to do. We had to give a younger guy a chance at that point. We knew what Bledsoe was, and he wasn't going to take us anywhere.

Bledsoe didn't have much success with Dallas after leaving Buffalo though. I think that justifies the decision to move on as being the correct one. Just because we didn't end up with anyone better doesn't mean moving on wasn't the right thing to do. We had to give a younger guy a chance at that point. We knew what Bledsoe was, and he wasn't going to take us anywhere.

The fact that Bledsoe didn't do much with the Cowboys (they were 9-7 his first year and he had 24 TDs throwing to a bunch of guys about to retire) has nothing to do with how he would have done another year with the Bills. JPL was a bust waiting to show us all (well, not all apparently) that he would bust out and waste a few more years of the fans' good will.

I have some more respect for Mularkey after reading Tucker's article. After they let Bledsoe go and then Ralph put the squeeze on him to fire a bunch of his staff, he said "see ya".

It was time for Bledsoe to go.

He was good his first 8 or so starts and after that he was average to below average for the most part and awful in big games.

I thought they should've cut the ties with him after the 2003 season. It's too bad they never landed Big Ben.

Far and away TD's biggest mistake IMO, ended up ruining his career. A somewhat competent scrub, even Shane friggin' Matthews would've had that team in the playoffs in 2004, and then everything changes going forth. :bag:

Edited by Rico