How about a $63,000,000 high school football stadium?

This is a sore subject for me.

In my small town of 20,000 residents, at our high school of 3,000 students, in the last 8 years, they have constructed a $20M football stadium, $11M indoor practice facility, a $15M swimming pool, $20M observatory, and substantial upgrades to baseball stadiums, performing arts center, tennis courts, etc, etc, etc.

But we have to cut teachers, AGAIN, because of budget shortfalls.

This is a sore subject for me.

In my small town of 20,000 residents, at our high school of 3,000 students, in the last 8 years, they have constructed a $20M football stadium, $11M indoor practice facility, a $15M swimming pool, $20M observatory, and substantial upgrades to baseball stadiums, performing arts center, tennis courts, etc, etc, etc.

But we have to cut teachers, AGAIN, because of budget shortfalls.

But the kids aren't making "adequate" progress on the state mandated standardized tests. It must be the teachers' fault; therefore they are expendable.

These stadiums and indoor practice faculties will soon need to double as classrooms, as the class sizes continue to rise.

But the kids aren't making "adequate" progress on the state mandated standardized tests. It must be the teachers' fault; therefore they are expendable.

These stadiums and indoor practice faculties will soon need to double as classrooms, as the class sizes continue to rise.

That's kind of a specious argument. The two items are not mutually exclusive.