Does this make the Bills America's "AFC Team"?

By that logic, wouldn't Philadelphia be "America's Team" right now?

I thought Dallas was referred to as "America's Team" right now?

I'm confused.

Looks like each conference should have their own "America's Team"

Smart move by the marketing genius goodell!

Hey I believe the best way for internationalization of NFL is cutting part of states and giving to other countries - the Mexico Vaqueros and the Cuba Porpoises sound like good ways to do this! The Houston Texans will need to be renamed however unless the new Mexico state remains named Texas.

Hey I believe the best way for internationalization of NFL is cutting part of states and giving to other countries - the Mexico Vaqueros and the Cuba Porpoises sound like good ways to do this! The Houston Texans will need to be renamed however unless the new Mexico state remains named Texas.

Mexico Vaqueros sounds like a really cool team name though. Too bad my mexican brothers dont have the height to make it past the NCAA

You guys are way off point here... the real question is how does the Mountain Lion/Cougar get overlooked as the national mammal? Bison are great and all but the point is bison are food, mountain lions are clearly the mamamal symbol of the United States. My ranking of american mammals:

1. Mountain Lion
  2. Grizzly Bear
  3. Polar Bear
  4. Grey Wolf
  5. Bison

Let the debate begin...

I wouldn't doubt that the phrase came from the Dallas media way back when.

Actually.... it comes from the fact that Dallas was broadcast Nationally way more than any other team for a long period of time. Because of that (as well as some on field success), they fostered more of a National following/head-start than anyone else. John Facenda coined the phrase on an NFL Films thing in the late 70's.