Traditional IRA vs Roth?

Tiberius

if you have a 401k with a match from work you should be contributing to that (at least up to the match) first....then if there is money left over to invest a Roth IRA....tax diversification

if you have a 401k with a match from work you should be contributing to that (at least up to the match) first....then if there is money left over to invest a Roth IRA....tax diversification

Maybe.................

This is exactly what I figured. You did not have a point

Answer the question and I'll get to the point.

I'm really divided over this. I have a traditional and love the tax right off. I then use the tax return to turn around and fund the IRA. But is that the smartest way to go? Would I be better off long term using the Roth and withdrawing the money tax free? I'm not planning on being in a higher tax bracket when I retire and I might actually not even be forced to spend the IRA savings, as I should have a good amount invested in other areas. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Just to be clear...after ALL that bitching on PPP about how it was so necessary that people who give retirement advice be legally required to be a fiduciary...you're now asking for retirement advice from a bunch of people you don't even know who have no fiduciary responsibility?

What the !@#$ is wrong with you? Are you really this big an idiot? Seriously?

He doesn't though, because the plan advisor only had pie charts he didn't understand, so he was sure Goldman-Sachs was ripping him off and he was better off managing his own IRA.

He explained that over on PPP...which is why he's asking for advice here. No one here knows how much of a ****head he actually is.

Edited by DC Tom

Just to be clear...after ALL that bitching on PPP about how it was so necessary that people who give retirement advice be legally required to be a fiduciary...you're now asking for retirement advice from a bunch of people you don't even know who have no fiduciary responsibility?

What the !@#$ is wrong with you? Are you really this big an idiot? Seriously?

He doesn't though, because the plan advisor only had pie charts he didn't understand, so he was sure Goldman-Sachs was ripping him off and he was better off managing his own IRA.

He explained that over on PPP...which is why he's asking for advice here. No one here knows how much of a ****head he actually is.

Knowing that is in line with knowing how many roads a man must walk down before you can call him a man or how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. The depth of his ignorance is so profound that its more of a rhetorical.