2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Tell you what--if this team is bent on keeping Tyrod, and wants a backup with a similar skill set, they might consider Antonio Pipkin from Tiffin College.

As a senior, he completed 66% of his passes, threw for 25 TDs against 7 INTs, and rushed for over 900 yards with 8 rushing TDs.

I predict that Pipkin will become a few folks' darling after the Senior Bowl

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what--if this team is bent on keeping Tyrod, and wants a backup with a similar skill set, they might consider Antonio Pipkin from Tiffin College.

As a senior, he completed 66% of his passes, threw for 25 TDs against 7 INTs, and rushed for over 900 yards with 8 rushing TDs.

I predict that Pipkin will become a few folks' darling after the Senior Bowl

Fun fact, Chris Ivory also went to Tiffin.

I was planning on watching Pipkin this weekend. Not seen anything but the stats so far.

I know Mark Schofield did a piece on him for Inside The Pylon. Might have to drag that up at some point.

I've only seen the two games from his senior year that draftbreakdown has available, but I'm very intrigued.

Everything with him is fast--fast delivery, explosive when he breaks the pocket, quick to go to his first target when it's open.

I posted the Northern Michigan game because it's in All-22, so you can see him going through progressions. I'll be incredibly interested to see what happens at the Senior Bowl--it's difficult for QBs to do too much given the differences in systems, targets, etc., but if he can handle his business, you'll see the Pipkin talk kick up substantially.

Fun fact, Chris Ivory also went to Tiffin.

Huh...didn't know that.

i could see him going to the bears.

Yeah, I think there is a slim chance he could go to the 9ers if they want to model their D after their recent glory years D. I think he's that talented that even as a ILB he could go to top 5 and it wouldnt shock me. A. Curry went 4, Hawk went 5 and R. McClain went 8, Foster is better than all of them coming out, Keuchly went 9, Mayo 10, and Willis (Foster reminds me alot of NFL Willis) went 11, Foster is in that latter group talent wise athletically and mentally, maybe more physical. I actually have Foster rated ahead of all 6 I just mentioned at this point and I dont see my grade (Top 5) dropping at all.

Foster and Trevathan would allow the Bears to attack their front 5 (3DL & 2 "OLB") and match up in coverage on the back end with their 2 ILB's in man or fire zones and zones. Thats what the 49ers used to do alot with Wilis and Bowman in their heyday, its rare for a D to do that with a pair of ILB's. Bears are a good spot for him for sure IMO as well. Historically his talent could land him 4-11 and I have him going to Cincy at 9 in the mock, mock, mock I am working on. He could fall a little because of the depth at the top end of this draft, but I think his range is 2-11 and I dont see how he falls past the Saints at 11 and he is IMO a legit option at for Buffalo if he makes it that far.

Forrest Lamp is a Day 1 starter at LT and will be my top OL. I think he's worth the 10th pick, I think he's extremely good. But his arm length will come up 1/8th of an inch shorter than they'd like and switch him to guard. Like !@#$ing clockwork.

I could talk myself into taking Ramczyk at 10 but not 100% comfortable with it.

Watched him vs. Alabama, did a great job of pushing and forcing the speed rush arc (williams/anderson) deeper than the QB, reset and adjusted/mirrored very well vs. the counter moves inside and I thought did a good job with his footwork, good hand usage and was quick to reset when they were swatted, batted or he dropped them, good job keeping head up on contact for the most part, kept his feet moving on contact in the run game too, anchored well vs. the bull rush (allen/anderson), good balance and was not on the ground very much, a couple of good combo blocks and 2nd level movement, alert with his head on a swivel when not immediately engaged. On one play in the 4th Q with about 9 minutes left on a 4th and 2 he did an excellent job pushing his man inside then picking up the twisting DT, thats quality heads up blocking.

Lamp held his own very well vs. 3 future high draft picks in Allen, Anderson and Williams. Not sure what the measurables will be with him, but he looks like a G who can play T to me. Im looking forward to watching him on tape a little more and seeing how things shake down with him during the process.

RANK

BUF.png

BILLS

Corey Davis - WR, Western Michigan: Davis is a complete receiver who would be an excellent complement to Sammy Watkins. His combination of route running, ball skills and toughness is outstanding.

Love the mock pick by Daniel Jeremiah. I would be a happy camper, with the safeties and Foster off the board

Okay, boys and girls. Blokes has you covered on players to watch in the Shrine Game today. Live on NFL Network, 3pm ET kickoff. Yes, I included a kicker. Mainly because Nick Weiler has beautiful hair.

East Offense - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/16/east-west-shrine-game-preview-4-east-offense-prospects-for-bills-to-keep-an-eye-on/

West Offense - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/18/east-west-shrine-game-4-west-prospects-bills-could-take-in-nfl-draft/

East Defense - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/19/east-west-shrine-game-4-east-defenders-the-bills-could-select-in-nfl-draft/

West Defense - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/20/east-west-shrine-game-4-west-defenders-the-bills-could-select-in-nfl-draft/

I'll also be doing something similar for the Senior Bowl next week.

Thanks Blokes. I went back yesterday to my post Shrine game impressions on the playera who stood out last year....

Robby Anderson and Geronimo Allison both of whom went undrafted have both made an impression in their rookie year.

Anderson had over 500 yards and 2 receiving TDs with the Jets and Allison had fewer yards but also 2 TDs and made some plays last week in a play off game. This week he will suit up for a shot at the Superbowl.

Javon Hargrave rocketed up boards after a dominant Shrine game week and was taken in the 3rd by the Steelers. After being a rotational player early he has really established himself as a starter down the stretch and will also be playing a Championship game this weekend.

James Cowser went undrafred but caught on with the Raiders. He was on IR early but came back to move up the depth chart and spot Mack and Irvin later in the year racking up his first sack..... against the Bills of course.

Aaron Wallace was selectes in the 7th round by the Titans and appeared in 10 games as exactly what I said he'd be - a versatile linebacker who can line up outside or inside as match ups dictate.

Vernon Adams took over late in the season as the starter for the Montreal Alouettes after going undrafted despite his MVP performance in the Shrine game and looks set for a long CFL career.

Of the others I picked out.... Victor Ochi and Aziz Shittu are on the Kansas City and Philadelphia practice squads respectively and the only one who is out of the league and out of pro football altogether is Alex Huettel a guard who had 3 or 4 mini camp tryouts but couldn't make one stick.

I think that was a pretty decent strike rate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.