2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I'm interested in the idea but your banking A LOT on CK being able to actually hold down that LT spot with not a lot of evidence to support it. I get that CK looked pretty decent/ above average in spot duty at LT this year. That's different than every snap, all 16 games. A lot of trust...

Also semi short sighted bc if CK looks good at LT next year he's gone the very next year bc your not paying two tackles LT money (and I think CK is in contract year)

Doesn't really worry me for multiple reasons:

1) This team needs to get 2 legitimate starting tackles on the field in 2017

2) We can easily slide Glenn back to LT if Kouandjio departs in FA

3) Kouandjio signing a LT contract in FA means a likely 3rd round comp pick

4) The above approach gives the team a full year to groom a replacement at RT

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really worry me for multiple reasons:

1) This team needs to get 2 legitimate starting tackles on the field in 2017

2) We can easily slide Glenn back to LT if Kouandjio departs in FA

3) Kouandjio signing a LT contract in FA means a likely 3rd round comp pick

4) The above approach gives the team a full year to groom a replacement at RT

All great points

regarding 4) so we would still be spending resources (draft pick) on a RT with this scenario?

I kind of thought the point of this scenario, aside from getting the best 5 linemen on the field, was to NOT spend resources on RT so we could address the rest of our many needs

When I get admitted to the psych ward I'm going to be muttering "There's not much difference in importance between RT and LT in today's NFL" over and over again. Von Miller won the Super Bowl blowing up a right tackle repeatedly. Vic Beasley just lead the league in sacks predominately rushing the right tackle. I really wish some people on here would pay more attention to what's happening league wide in regards to the importance of positions like RT and Safety and less time worrying about what Russ Brandon had for dinner.

I feel vindicated by his All-Pro selection :lol:

This year, we'll be at odds of Bisno--I know you don't like him...I think he can develop into a starting lineman; I'm just not sure where yet.

I've seen some OL guys I respect laugh at that and his PFF grade due to getting a ton of help. I haven't watched him to know for sure but good for him. If I missed, it was a pretty !@#$ing spectacular way to do it :D

I really can't see Bisnowaty being a tackle. There's a path to him being a solid interior guy at some point. Definitely draftable though, same with Erik Magnuson of Michigan.

All great points

regarding 4) so we would still be spending resources (draft pick) on a RT with this scenario?

I kind of thought the point of this scenario, aside from getting the best 5 linemen on the field, was to NOT spend resources on RT so we could address the rest of our many needs

RT is way down the list of positions that make long term sense to draft in the first two rounds and it's not a strong OT class either so having one actually be BPA in round 3 is unlikely.

Take your chances with CK and if he plays really well maybe even re-sign him.

I like starting CK at LT but I also know that his history is that even as a backup he misses games........so hopefully Seantrel can get his act together and when CK almost inevitably misses his games it will be late season.

I expect the Bills to address OT in FA with another Mills-esque scrub reserve.........which won't be a problem for Tyrod but would probably put a Brian Hoyer in traction if that's the type of direction they decide to go.

Edited by #BADOL

by Dane Brugler

Gang Green goes cornerback instead with Mitch Trubisky and DeShone Kizer already off the board.

10. Buffalo Bills

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: The Tyrod Taylor situation in Buffalo will continue to play itself out the next few weeks, but if he's out of the picture then Watson becomes an intriguing option with this pick. Not sure this would be the right move, but it is definitely plausible.

My first big pre-draft post will hopefully be up this weekend with my thoughts on the QBs. I'll also have my reactions on the East West Shrine Game this weekend.

I usually do 3 versions of mock draft. One end of Feb, one end of March and one a few days before the draft.

is this on your own or do you work for a site like Blokes?

Erm......Shady dearest. Your new head coach didn't play for an NFL team either :D

I had a wrestling coach who never wrestled but he was the best coach I ever had and went undefeated 3 yrs strait and had multiple state champions over the yrs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.