2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts here that I've seen expressed by some here on TSW:

@RQUINN619

S/WR huge needs for #Bills but possibility Reuben Foster could be best fit&BPA if ZBrown leaves. Depth in draft at S/WR, WLB crucial

I understand the need for more defensive players on the team.

Yet I really believe that we should try to address the defense more so in free agency if that's possible.

I think we should go offense in the draft. I think we should take a serious look at OT with our first pick. Jordan Mills is a liability.

I know using a top pick on a RT may not be seen as shrewd, but we need help there.

Also, I know I am in the minority in this, but we should also go for a Tight End in the 2nd round. The Tight End class this year has great talent, and we can use a 2nd TE in our offensive attack. I like Charles Clay, and I think Nick O'Leary has good potential, but he's not quite there yet. Frankly, I'm not interested in converting Logan Thomas from QB to TE. Let's draft a REAL TE, someone who is already established at that position. Jake Butt, Even Engram, or Jeremy Sprinkle would be great additions. I know Butt's injury may drop his draft rating, but he's a natural and I think he would be an instant impact.

Guy's projected to go that early don't always play in the SR. Bowl. It's not uncommon at all. These teams have all seen Watson on the big stage and vs. top competition numerous times.

You are familiar with Deshaun Watson right? His reputation is as the ultimate gamer. His single best attribute is his competitiveness. That's why he's being considered a 1st rounder. Until this year he had 1 career 4th quarter interception. He is considered one of the great winners ever in college football. That doesn't mean that he will be a great pro but no one is concerned about him competing.

Agreed. There's no need for him to play in the senior bowl.

I understand the need for more defensive players on the team.

Yet I really believe that we should try to address the defense more so in free agency if that's possible.

I think we should go offense in the draft. I think we should take a serious look at OT with our first pick. Jordan Mills is a liability.

I know using a top pick on a RT may not be seen as shrewd, but we need help there.

Also, I know I am in the minority in this, but we should also go for a Tight End in the 2nd round. The Tight End class this year has great talent, and we can use a 2nd TE in our offensive attack. I like Charles Clay, and I think Nick O'Leary has good potential, but he's not quite there yet. Frankly, I'm not interested in converting Logan Thomas from QB to TE. Let's draft a REAL TE, someone who is already established at that position. Jake Butt, Even Engram, or Jeremy Sprinkle would be great additions. I know Butt's injury may drop his draft rating, but he's a natural and I think he would be an instant impact.

I just don't see any tackle worthy of a top 10 pick. This is a really bad OL draft. The strength of it is in the secondary. I think that you need to draft to a draft's strengths. For example the 3rd or 4th DB might be 20 spots better than the best OT. You need to always draft BPA especially with multiple needs.

I just don't see any tackle worthy of a top 10 pick. This is a really bad OL draft. The strength of it is in the secondary. I think that you need to draft to a draft's strengths. For example the 3rd or 4th DB might be 20 spots better than the best OT. You need to always draft BPA especially with multiple needs.

I think you need to factor in how many prospects have actual 1st round grades and at what positions.

The best OT in the class is going to be played at RG on Sundays and they wonder why they have an OL problem :D

The best OT in the class is going to be played at RG on Sundays and they wonder why they have an OL problem :D

Who is your top OL? Robinson? Ramczyk? Lamp? Someone else? I will always hold a place in my heart for Pat Elflein but he is not someone that I would pick at 10 or 44. I also think that the Bills bigger need is a tackle than an interior guy.

Who is your top OL? Robinson? Ramczyk? Lamp? Someone else? I will always hold a place in my heart for Pat Elflein but he is not someone that I would pick at 10 or 44. I also think that the Bills bigger need is a tackle than an interior guy.

Forrest Lamp is a Day 1 starter at LT and will be my top OL. I think he's worth the 10th pick, I think he's extremely good. But his arm length will come up 1/8th of an inch shorter than they'd like and switch him to guard. Like !@#$ing clockwork.

I could talk myself into taking Ramczyk at 10 but not 100% comfortable with it.

I don't disagree with you.

If Mike Williams, or Malik Hooker, or Corey Davis, or Jabrill Peppers are there when the Bills are on the clock, then I would be thrilled to have any one of those players on the team.

I just see OT as a big need, unless of course they take care of that in free agency, then it won't matter.

You're right, OT is not that inspiring this year. So if the Bills have to trade down to get a good one, I would be fine with that too.

Forrest Lamp is a Day 1 starter at LT and will be my top OL. I think he's worth the 10th pick, I think he's extremely good. But his arm length will come up 1/8th of an inch shorter than they'd like and switch him to guard. Like !@#$ing clockwork.

I like Ramczyk. Not so sure I would use the 10th pick on him though. We could always trade down.

Now you know how I felt when y'all kept on about Jack Conklin having to play guard

:lol:

I don't disagree with you.

If Mike Williams, or Malik Hooker, or Corey Davis, or Jabrill Peppers are there when the Bills are on the clock, then I would be thrilled to have any one of those players on the team.

I just see OT as a big need, unless of course they take care of that in free agency, then it won't matter.

You're right, OT is not that inspiring this year. So if the Bills have to trade down to get a good one, I would be fine with that too.

I like Ramczyk. Not so sure I would use the 10th pick on him though. We could always trade down.

I'd rather flip Glenn over to RT and let Kouandjio start at LT to get the best 5 linemen on the field.

Fine with me, but do you think the Bills would actually entertain that idea?

I would hope so because the RT position has to be addressed one way or another. This would allow them to do so w/o the need of spending a draft pick or additional cap space with the acquisition of a Free Agent.

I would hope so because the RT position has to be addressed one way or another. This would allow them to do so w/o the need of spending a draft pick or additional cap space with the acquisition of a Free Agent.

I'm interested in the idea but your banking A LOT on CK being able to actually hold down that LT spot with not a lot of evidence to support it. I get that CK looked pretty decent/ above average in spot duty at LT this year. That's different than every snap, all 16 games. A lot of trust...

Also semi short sighted bc if CK looks good at LT next year he's gone the very next year bc your not paying two tackles LT money (and I think CK is in contract year)

I'm interested in the idea but your banking A LOT on CK being able to actually hold down that LT spot with not a lot of evidence to support it. I get that CK looked pretty decent/ above average in spot duty at LT this year. That's different than every snap, all 16 games. A lot of trust...

Also semi short sighted bc if CK looks good at LT next year he's gone the very next year bc your not paying two tackles LT money (and I think CK is in contract year)

You raise legit points. CK would need to be re-signed in 2018 or they could always slide Glenn back over and acquire another player to man RT.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.