2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

@a57se

@nfldraftscout WHy would you waste a top ten pick on a friggin safety...that is not an impact position. QB, EDGE, CB, LT or DE are the pick

@nfldraftscout

Matt Miller Retweeted a57se

Earl Thomas. Eric Berry. Landon Collins. Tyrann Mathieu. Harrison Smith. Eric Weddle. Tell their teams safety isn't an impact position

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@a57se

@nfldraftscout WHy would you waste a top ten pick on a friggin safety...that is not an impact position. QB, EDGE, CB, LT or DE are the pick

@nfldraftscout

Matt Miller Retweeted a57se

Earl Thomas. Eric Berry. Landon Collins. Tyrann Mathieu. Harrison Smith. Eric Weddle. Tell their teams safety isn't an impact position

Eric Weddle blehhh

@nfldraftscout

Matt Miller Retweeted Bryan Boock

Bills' Picks

10) TE OJ Howard :thumbdown:

42) QB Patrick Mahomes :thumbsup:

Has anyone done any scouting on Josh Harvey-Clemons? Former 5 star recruit, went to Georgia, kicked off team for smoking weed, went to lousiville. He hasn't had any character issues since joining the cardinals. 6'4 230ish safety/LB hybrid. Carolina had 2 hybrid types as starting LBs in Thomas Davis and Shaq Thompson. Neither are nearly as tall and lanky as Harvey-Clemons though. He doesn't have the stopping power of either of them but has long arms and is a wrap up tackler as opposed to impact tackler. Does well in zone coverage and has good timing with jump balls. Considering we need safety help and speed at LB he could be someone we look at. Projected as a 3rd-4th rd guy: anyone know much about him? I remember when he declared he was going to Georgia is was a big deal. Saw him play in a few games but haven't scouted him

@nfldraftscout

Bills' Picks

This would be an interesting draft for sure. I don't hate OJ Howard like some. He has the potential to be an elite pass catcher. Obviously, we have Clay but there is no reason that we cant primarily use a 2 TE set. The Pats do all of the time. We need an upgrade to our receiving core and if it comes in the form of a TE as opposed to a number 2 WR I would be okay with it. I'd prefer Mike Williams at 10 but I don't see him getting there.

This would be an interesting draft for sure. I don't hate OJ Howard like some. He has the potential to be an elite pass catcher. Obviously, we have Clay but there is no reason that we cant primarily use a 2 TE set. The Pats do all of the time. We need an upgrade to our receiving core and if it comes in the form of a TE as opposed to a number 2 WR I would be okay with it. I'd prefer Mike Williams at 10 but I don't see him getting there.

Clay is always an injury concern as well......we can't take for granted that his back and knee won't keep him off the field for many games.

Let's not forget Logan Thomas either......fingers crossed that he's our version of Terrell Pryor.

I don't love OJ Howard at 10 but I will say this.......if your organizational objective is to develop QB's then having good TE's is very helpful........a lack of them has hurt young Bills QB's in the past.

Clay is always an injury concern as well......we can't take for granted that his back and knee won't keep him off the field for many games.

Let's not forget Logan Thomas either......fingers crossed that he's our version of Terrell Pryor.

I don't love OJ Howard at 10 but I will say this.......if your organizational objective is to develop QB's then having good TE's is very helpful........a lack of them has hurt young Bills QB's in the past.

The TE pick actually does make sense if your going BPA strategy

Im so mixed on drafting a 1st round qb......we need qb talent but I dont want to overdraft one.

@nfldraftscout

Think the Bears have to go QB (as of right now) Also, new mock draft here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686625-scouting-notebook-leonard-fournette-interview-reuben-foster-perfection-more

Bills' Picks

There is NO WAY I'm taking OJ Howard over Corey Davis. I'm OK with Mahomes, but in the 3rd. Have to get one of the safeties in the 2nd

@draftcampbell

Per sources #Alabama DE Tim Williams failed many drug tests, has Randy Gregory type problem. Could slip to Round 2

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

WOW!!! There's seems to be a lot of Alabama players on the weeeed!! Why isn't Saban being called to the table about this?

According to their mock, Corey Davis is still available

@draftcampbell

Per sources #Alabama DE Tim Williams failed many drug tests, has Randy Gregory type problem. Could slip to Round 2

I'm not a puritan who espouses drafting only saintly people. But drafting players who repeatedly fail drug tests is foolish. It's not so much about the drugs as much as it is about the stupidity to fail a test that you know ahead of time that you will be subjected to. That is a gamble that you will usually lose.

There is NO WAY I'm taking OJ Howard over Corey Davis. I'm OK with Mahomes, but in the 3rd. Have to get one of the safeties in the 2nd

WOW!!! There's seems to be a lot of Alabama players on the weeeed!! Why isn't Saban being called to the table about this?

According to their mock, Corey Davis is still available

I would rather have Davis as well.

@draftcampbell

Had a feeling all season since he was in that group that got pulled over with the weed and the gun that he was going to be a big faller.

He is very fast and quick but his technique is poor and he's also over-aged.

I think of him as more of a Seantrel-type faller.......I can't see him going round 2 at all.

He was a non-factor in the title game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.