2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

This is why I'd go after Corey Davis @10. U can still land a quality safety in rd 2. If Davis isn't there, then move back and acquire more picks. Corey Davis is Dez Bryant without the attitude

Blitz, Chad was fairly mobile and manipulated the pocket pretty well. He took off a lot with that zone read at Ole Miss

I've seen him do some of that, but Flutie mobility and elusiveness? No way!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MoveTheSticks

Lattimore is the best CB I've studied this year. Ohio State keeps pumping out studs every year. Pretty incredible.

Yep. I think Lattimore and Humphrey from Alabama are both studs. I have Lattimore a single mark higher based on what I have graded so far. I think a little bit for me it depends what kind of scheme you are going to run. If you are going to run a scheme to involves a lot of man coverage then I'd select Lattimore. If you are going to be mainly a zone cover scheme with some man (which seems to be more McDermott's style) then I think Humphrey might be the better.

Yep. I think Lattimore and Humphrey from Alabama are both studs. I have Lattimore a single mark higher based on what I have graded so far. I think a little bit for me it depends what kind of scheme you are going to run. If you are going to run a scheme to involves a lot of man coverage then I'd select Lattimore. If you are going to be mainly a zone cover scheme with some man (which seems to be more McDermott's style) then I think Humphrey might be the better.

Lattimore went to same HS in inner city Cleveland as Cardale fwiw (probably nothing :lol:) Edited by YoloinOhio

...and Donte Whitner :)

If you and others keep talking about drafting DBs in the first round NYC Bill is going to put a contract on you all. You have been forewarned. :D

While at Carolina McDermott saw the impact on his defense when he lost a premier CB in Josh Norman. I wouldn't be surprised if he vigorously lobbied Whaley to do everything in his means to retain Gilmore. To add a twist to the Gilmore issue Carolina would be very interested in his services and Gilmore would be pleased that it is closer to home and a warmer climate.

I have always been very partial towards Gilmore. He has played one of the most challenging positions at a high level. I consider him to be a top tier qb. The tepid response towards him by the hometown crowd has me baffled.

If you and others keep talking about drafting DBs in the first round NYC Bill is going to put a contract on you all. You have been forewarned. :D

While at Carolina McDermott saw the impact on his defense when he lost a premier CB in Josh Norman. I wouldn't be surprised if he vigorously lobbied Whaley to do everything in his means to retain Gilmore. To add a twist to the Gilmore issue Carolina would be very interested in his services and Gilmore would be pleased that it is closer to home and a warmer climate.

I have always been very partial towards Gilmore. He has played one of the most challenging positions at a high level. I consider him to be a top tier qb. The tepid response towards him by the hometown crowd has me baffled.

Ha ha, I was just pointing out that Donte Whitney ALSO went to the same school as Cardale and Marshon Lattimore.

In terms of Gilmore I think that he is a good to very good corner. I don't know if he is elite. I go back and forth on what to do with him. Do you pay good to very good, elite money? I would pay very good, elite money any day of the week. He probably plays about 65-70% of his games at very good or better. He plays 30-35% below that level. He is getting elite money one way or another.

I can't wrap my head around the best course of action. You can sign Eric Berry for a similar deal. He is elite and at a position of need. That position is also easier to find than a CB. I go back and forth on the Gilmore situation.

I take it you're through the Foster tape? :lol:

Not even started it but I've already seen enough live. He's the WLB that I really want. Zach as the Sam, Reggie as the provisional Mike (recovery results pending).

I knew he'd be a 1st rounder when he clobbered that guy on special teams against LSU 2-3 years ago :D

Not even started it but I've already seen enough live. He's the WLB that I really want. Zach as the Sam, Reggie as the provisional Mike (recovery results pending).

I knew he'd be a 1st rounder when he clobbered that guy on special teams against LSU 2-3 years ago :D

I'm trying to come up with 10-11 guys I'd be happy with at #10, that way at least 1 is available. Foster is certainly one of them.

I'm trying to come up with 10-11 guys I'd be happy with at #10, that way at least 1 is available. Foster is certainly one of them.

Right now, I have a few names on that kind of list:

Corey Davis, Reuben Foster, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Malik McDowell, Marlon Humphrey. Mike Williams is a maybe, need to work through his 2016 games first.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.