2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a probable late round RT that I like a little. Uconn's 6'8" Andreas Knappe. From Silkeborg, Denmark, he turns 26 in his rookie year which is less than ideal. Bit of a departure from his former career, was part of the Danish archery program.

He's going to test really well athletically. Needs time to develop his technique and power. Not sure how much you want to invest in a guy that's possibly not NFL-ready until he turns 27-28. Interesting though.

Edited by Blokestradamus

So, everyone is "sold" on Tyrod Taylor...and nobody wants to draft a quarterback at any point in this draft?

That's depressing.

(My biggest "want" is a playmaker for the secondary, or a really tall WR to pair with Watkins...but I rather get a playmaker for the secondary.)

I want another qb early unless TT can turn into Seattle TT for the last 6 games somehow. I put those odds at 15% though.

There's at least 4 qb's in the draft that can sling it better than Taylor IMO. I'm in on the Oklahoma State qb Now too.

I want another qb early unless TT can turn into Seattle TT for the last 6 games somehow. I put those odds at 15% though.

There's at least 4 qb's in the draft that can sling it better than Taylor IMO. I'm in on the Oklahoma State qb Now too.

Watch them all fail to be pro qbs like so many of them do

but hey....it IS christmas time and fans love their shiny new toys

You must have been missing my posts. Not even close to sold on Taylor and I absolutely want them to draft a QB early

How in the world could anyone be missing your posts? That is quite impossible.

I am guess he isnt reading ANY posts

but hey....it IS christmas time and fans love their shiny new toys

How in the world could anyone be missing your posts? That is quite impossible.

I am guess he isnt reading ANY posts

Does it matter jfh ? I would rather swing and miss or possibly hit a homer than stay w the bottom tier passing game.

6 games left to show he's a real qb not a rollercoaster with more valleys than peaks.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Found a probable late round RT that I like a little. Uconn's 6'8" Andreas Knappe. From Silkeborg, Denmark, he turns 26 in his rookie year which is less than ideal. Bit of a departure from his former career, was part of the Danish archery program.

He's going to test really well athletically. Needs time to develop his technique and power. Not sure how much you want to invest in a guy that's possibly not NFL-ready until he turns 27-28. Interesting though.

Cool, always like when Europeans come in. Big kid at 325 and a Viking which is basically a Barbarian :D my kind of guy

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andreas_knappe_810035.html

But they don't all fail. That a lot do is not an excuse for not taking one I am afraid. If Tyrod is still here (and as I keep saying barring a collapse that costs Rex his job he will be) then they still need to be open to taking a Quarterback, even in the 1st round. I am not saying the 1st round pick has to be a Quarterback... but they should be open to that possibility. My fear is that they won't be.

Who do North Carolina play this week and when? Need to watch Trubirsky play before I miss the chance. With Quarterbacks more than any other position I always feel more comfortable having watched them play a game when I try and grade then rather than just draftbreakdown and highlight clips. I think it is the intangibles at that position I need to have a feel for the game and the momentum and pressure and put each of his throws and decisions in that context.

It was why despite having a first round grade on Wentz last year I wasn't sold on him. I liked what I saw on draftbreakdown but I'd not seen him play live.

Who do North Carolina play this week and when? Need to watch Trubirsky play before I miss the chance. With Quarterbacks more than any other position I always feel more comfortable having watched them play a game when I try and grade then rather than just draftbreakdown and highlight clips. I think it is the intangibles at that position I need to have a feel for the game and the momentum and pressure and put each of his throws and decisions in that context.

It was why despite having a first round grade on Wentz last year I wasn't sold on him. I liked what I saw on draftbreakdown but I'd not seen him play live.

They have NC State at 12 PM ET on ESPN.

@RobRang

Rivalry week is just as fun for NFL scouts as it is for college football fans. Here are the top prospects to watch: https://t.co/5GQg9cZ8oS

They have NC State at 12 PM ET on ESPN.

@RobRang

Rivalry week is just as fun for NFL scouts as it is for college football fans. Here are the top prospects to watch: https://t.co/5GQg9cZ8oS

That today 26? As in 2 hours from now? I'll have to stream it. ESPN over here is showing LSU and A&M

Edited by GunnerBill

@PFF_Gordon

LSU CB Tre'Davious White's coverage numbers this year are insane. 23 receptions allowed, 10 pass breakups, 2 INTs

He's been a great player there. That LSU team has a ridiculous amount of talent. I think that they've given up like 11 TDs this year. They gave up something like 3 total TDs in their 4 losses.

Because they aren't in the playoff conversation and because they have no QB some of their players have in turn become underrated. The RBs get all of the publicity and they are great. Dural and Dupre are going to be good pro receivers and White & Adams great pro DBs. Pocic is one of the best interior OL in the country, Beckwith one of the best LBs, LaCouture a versatile DL and on and on.

This LSU team has crazy talent and in many cases LSU players have become better pros than they were college players (Spencer Ware, OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Hill, Kyle Williams, Andrew Whitworth, etc...). I'd be thrilled to get one or two of these LSU guys (Adams and one of the receivers would be ideal).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He's been a great player there. That LSU team has a ridiculous amount of talent. I think that they've given up like 11 TDs this year. They gave up something like 3 total TDs in their 4 losses.

Because they aren't in the playoff conversation and because they have no QB some of their players have in turn become underrated. The RBs get all of the publicity and they are great. Dural and Dupre are going to be good pro receivers and White & Adams great pro DBs. Pocic is one of the best interior OL in the country, Beckwith one of the best LBs, LaCouture a versatile DL and on and on.

This LSU team has crazy talent and in many cases LSU players have become better pros than they were college players (Spencer Ware, OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Hill, Kyle Williams, Andrew Whitworth, etc...). I'd be thrilled to get one or two of these LSU guys (Adams and one of the receivers would be ideal).

Agree with most of this. Not totally sold on the receivers.... but then hard to judge when they have had such terrible Quarterback play to deal with.

Agree with most of this. Not totally sold on the receivers.... but then hard to judge when they have had such terrible Quarterback play to deal with.

It was the same way when OBJ and Jarvis were there. Watch Malachi Dupre when the ball is in the air. He was the #1 WR recruit in the country. He went somewhere with no QB which has certainly held back his production but his talent is insane.

He's a New Orleans kid and most New Orleans kids go to LSU (OBJ, Honey Badger, Fournette, Etc...). I wouldn't be even a little surprised if Dupre produced as a rookie like another guy that was underused in college, Michael Thomas.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.