2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

I see them as being very similar, although Tyrod may be more athletic. Neither is a great traditional passer, neither is great at making pre-snap reads, neither is great at going through his reads post-snap, and neither is all that good at short-intermediate passes. I would be very displeased if we drafted Watson as the successor to Tyrod. Essentially the same guy, IMO.

Tyrod is more explosive in the running game and makes better decisions. Watson has more size and a bigger arm. I don't see Watson being better than an average NFL QB at anytime so I will pass. We have that already in Tyrod.

This QB class SUCKS!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see them as being very similar, although Tyrod may be more athletic. Neither is a great traditional passer, neither is great at making pre-snap reads, neither is great at going through his reads post-snap, and neither is all that good at short-intermediate passes. I would be very displeased if we drafted Watson as the successor to Tyrod. Essentially the same guy, IMO.

:thumbsup:

As far as QB is concerned in this draft I don't think that I am taking any, let alone one early. I am letting EJ walk, trying to sign Hoyer or Ponder (many think he's SF's best), and hoping Cardale develops some. You will have your veteran #2 and a young guy with crazy tools that hopefully takes a step. You can re-visit in 2018 when guys like Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen and Jake Browning will be in the draft. Hopefully we learned our lesson about reaching for a QB in a bad QB draft.

What do you think of 6'5" 222 QB Josh Allen, Blokes? Looked impressive against Boise St.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpORP8aqjA

The curse of being 8 hours ahead, I so rarely get games from the West Coast unless they're big billing.

Not seen the kid play but I'll stick him on a list. If their RB declares, might watch a bit of them later in the year.

As far as QB is concerned in this draft I don't think that I am taking any, let alone one early. I am letting EJ walk, trying to sign Hoyer or Ponder (many think he's SF's best), and hoping Cardale develops some. You will have your veteran #2 and a young guy with crazy tools that hopefully takes a step. You can re-visit in 2018 when guys like Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen and Jake Browning will be in the draft. Hopefully we learned our lesson about reaching for a QB in a bad QB draft.

Browning is too small and weak to be a starter in the NFL, which is a shame considering how smart and well prepared he is.

The curse of being 8 hours ahead, I so rarely get games from the West Coast unless they're big billing.

Not seen the kid play but I'll stick him on a list. If their RB declares, might watch a bit of them later in the year.

didn't see it myself (too many games to watch) just saw it on ESPN and could see the kid had talent.

wouldn't it be 9 hrs ahead?

Seen a lot of rumours that a bunch of Vols have quit on the team. Jalen Hurd among them. Sounds like Butch has lost them entirely.

@nfldraftscout

Rumors in Knoxville this morning that RB Jalen Hurd is leaving the team. Would have big NFL draft implications (h/t @SwainEvent)

@JimmyHyams

Sources: Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd told teammates last night he plans to transfer and play receiver or tight end at his new school

Edited by Blokestradamus

will we see you on college Gameday holding a funny sign? Hopefully it's Kiffin related. Or, its always good to see a Buckeye sign in SEC country.

I'm thinking of taking the Venmo approach. I need to spend some time thinking about why people should give me money. Something like "Venmo (my handle) if you want to help sick puppies"

I'm thinking of taking the Venmo approach. I need to spend some time thinking about why people should give me money. Something like "Venmo (my handle) if you want to help sick puppies"

Just put "Send me money to my Venmo to buy out the rest of Stephon Gilmore's fifth-year option". You'll be a millionaire by the time you get home.

Seen a lot of rumours that a bunch of Vols have quit on the team. Jalen Hurd among them. Sounds like Butch has lost them entirely.

@nfldraftscout

Rumors in Knoxville this morning that RB Jalen Hurd is leaving the team. Would have big NFL draft implications (h/t @SwainEvent)

@JimmyHyams

Sources: Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd told teammates last night he plans to transfer and play receiver or tight end at his new school

oh

oh

As a tight end, he'll have that sort of frame/athletic ability to him as Clay did when he graduated from Tulsa. Probably a H-Back type.

Honestly, he's probably a 5th-6th round RB prospect for me at the moment so no harm in trying a new position. I assume FCS transfer and he declares for the 2018 class.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Hey Blokes, I know you usually stick to seniors, but any thoughts on Josh Jones? He really stood out while watching NC State this past weekend

Caught my eye in the Clemson game. Not watched him closely (I will because I adore their CB Jack Tocho) but he's got a great build for the position.

Kinda looks like a bulked-up version of Justin Simmons. I hope he plays like him.

Caught my eye in the Clemson game. Not watched him closely (I will because I adore their CB Jack Tocho) but he's got a great build for the position.

Kinda looks like a bulked-up version of Justin Simmons. I hope he plays like him.

Glad he's on your radar. Look forward to the in depth whenever it comes :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.