2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

@si_nfl

NFL mock draft 2.0: @ChrisBurke_SI projects two quarterbacks off the board early, but not No. 1 overall http://on.si.com/2e4lTMZ

Cv24rOIXgAA7nLL.jpg

bills_150.png
Cam Robinson, OT Alabama
Even in what’s perceived as a down year for offensive tackles, there are bound to be a few plug-and-play starters uncovered. Based on his impressive showing against Garrett, Robinson remains atop the list of candidates. While his technique requires clean-up work, the 6' 6", 327-pound Robinson ticks off almost all the boxes for NFL teams projecting out a franchise tackle.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@si_nfl

NFL mock draft 2.0: @ChrisBurke_SI projects two quarterbacks off the board early, but not No. 1 overall http://on.si.com/2e4lTMZ

Cv24rOIXgAA7nLL.jpg

bills_150.png
Cam Robinson, OT Alabama
Even in what’s perceived as a down year for offensive tackles, there are bound to be a few plug-and-play starters uncovered. Based on his impressive showing against Garrett, Robinson remains atop the list of candidates. While his technique requires clean-up work, the 6' 6", 327-pound Robinson ticks off almost all the boxes for NFL teams projecting out a franchise tackle.

Pass

I don't hate Robinson but he hasn't been as good this year and has character concerns. The Bills have bigger needs than OT (those being S and WR).

Here are 6 names that I am looking at in the 1st (in no particular order):

• Mike Williams
  • Jamal Adams
  • Malik Hooker
  • Ju-Ju Smith Schuster
  • Corey Davis
  • Jabrill Peppers

Now you're talking my language. I'm absolutely smitten with Davis, he was my summer scouting #2 WR.

That acceleration - https://gfycat.com/MiserableSmoggyIrishredandwhitesetter

Are you in agreement about those potential 1st round targets? I really don't see them going in another direction. I LOVE Malik Hooker but think that they may look for a more physical safety (like Adams).

Are you in agreement about those potential 1st round targets? I really don't see them going in another direction. I LOVE Malik Hooker but think that they may look for a more physical safety (like Adams).

Hooker (and Justin Evans) I see as more pure free safeties and Adams and Peppers more of the physical, "polamalu" types. We actually and sadly will probably need both with AW situation.

Speaking of Hooker, Matt Miller believes 3 OSU DBs will go in 1st rd. I think Lattimore was rated highest somewhere at 15 overall. Gareon my Wayward Son is the other of course.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hooker drew all those Ed Reed comparisons but I prefer Ian Wharton's idea; he's closer to Earl Thomas. I know, small sample size but the traits are there. If Aaron is gone, give me the center fielder and let Corey play run support.

I like the list in terms of the players you plucked out. Whether I'll have that graded that high or not come April, not a clue. Can't go wrong taking good players though.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Hooker (and Justin Evans) I see as more pure free safeties and Adams and Peppers more of the physical, "polamalu" types. We actually and sadly will probably need both with AW situation.

Speaking of Hooker, Matt Miller believes 3 OSU DBs will go in 1st rd. I think Lattimore was rated highest somewhere at 15 overall. Gareon my Wayward Son is the other of course.

I agree and think that Rex will always lean to the guy with the physical rep (like Calvin Pryor). Blokes might be right that they can keep Graham if AW is gone and let him help in run support.

Lattimore and Conley are options as well if Gilmore walks. I am higher on Lattimore but would mind Conley in the 2nd. Baugh is the other Buckeye that is on my radar.

I agree and think that Rex will always lean to the guy with the physical rep (like Calvin Pryor). Blokes might be right that they can keep Graham if AW is gone and let him help in run support.

Lattimore and Conley are options as well if Gilmore walks. I am higher on Lattimore but would mind Conley in the 2nd. Baugh is the other Buckeye that is on my radar.

Baugh really looking like a sleeper. His size, hands and footwork are impressive. It's about time he developed, too. He's the TE Urban offered over Jake Butt who was literally down the street. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think teams are willing to let those thumper types drop a little. Even a high-calibre guy like Landon Collins went early 2nd. If we want to go down the physicality route, I think we can go WR early and let a good one fall into our lap.

Apparently Hooker ran a 4.56 40 with zero technique work so that kid might genuinely end up in that Thomas/McCourty freak range at the Combine. Those kind of guys are a rarity.

For what he is, Corey is alright playing SS. His cap hit might get in the way but could be a seriously inexperienced group without Aaron, might have to find a way to keep him around for 2017.

Pass

I don't hate Robinson but he hasn't been as good this year and has character concerns. The Bills have bigger needs than OT (those being S and WR).

Here are 6 names that I am looking at in the 1st (in no particular order):

• Mike Williams
  • Jamal Adams
  • Malik Hooker
  • Ju-Ju Smith Schuster
  • Corey Davis
  • Jabrill Peppers

If they let Gilmore walk I think they go Corner. Rex needs CB's for his defense and Seymour isn't so established they wouldn't bring in competition.

If they let Gilmore walk I think they go Corner. Rex needs CB's for his defense and Seymour isn't so established they wouldn't bring in competition.

They might go for a 1st round corner even if Gilmore stays.

Try to keep this news a secret to the Bills. Wouldn't it suck to have another Whitner/Youboty team destroying draft? Edited by Bill from NYC

Deshaun Watson > Tyrod.

I see them as being very similar, although Tyrod may be more athletic. Neither is a great traditional passer, neither is great at making pre-snap reads, neither is great at going through his reads post-snap, and neither is all that good at short-intermediate passes. I would be very displeased if we drafted Watson as the successor to Tyrod. Essentially the same guy, IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.