2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went through Kizer's first 3 games of the year. He's a talented kid but he's nowhere near ready to declare right now.

Biggest issue is his feet, just so inconsistent. Root cause of his accuracy issues, same as with Wentz and Lynch last year. Good arm, not great. Can throw the effort ball but he falls away a bit doing so. In the pocket, he's gutsy and willing to take a shot to buy time for a receiver. Over the course of 3 games, he's getting better at taking what's there with short passes and checkdowns.

A lot of the mental side just needs experience. Can throw with anticipation, needs to learn when to force it and when to use touch. Shown he can do both but the consistency of his decision making is missing.

Right now, he's my QB5 behind Mayfield, Watson, Kaaya & Mahomes. Equates to a 3rd round grade.

Just went through Kizer's first 3 games of the year. He's a talented kid but he's nowhere near ready to declare right now.

Biggest issue is his feet, just so inconsistent. Root cause of his accuracy issues, same as with Wentz and Lynch last year. Good arm, not great. Can throw the effort ball but he falls away a bit doing so. In the pocket, he's gutsy and willing to take a shot to buy time for a receiver. Over the course of 3 games, he's getting better at taking what's there with short passes and checkdowns.

A lot of the mental side just needs experience. Can throw with anticipation, needs to learn when to force it and when to use touch. Shown he can do both but the consistency of his decision making is missing.

Right now, he's my QB5 behind Mayfield, Watson, Kaaya & Mahomes. Equates to a 3rd round grade.

just heard this one from Cbus radio for Browns: "We won't Try-ah cuz we want Kaaya"

Check this out

Fox Sports to present Ohio State AT Oklahoma Live Through New Virtual Reality App

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016/09/74086/fox-sports-to-present-ohio-state-at-oklahoma-live-through-new-virtual-reality-app

I have to say, the Buckeyes looked really impressive on Saturday, just toyed with Oklahoma. They would get my vote as no. 1.

I have to say, the Buckeyes looked really impressive on Saturday, just toyed with Oklahoma. They would get my vote as no. 1.

the Baby Bucks (42 freshmen!) are a bunch of freak show athletes and their depth is absurd. Led by the calming force of JT. I did however want to throw something at the tv with the delay of game penalties! They could have won by 60. Also Schiano is an absolute boss. This D is ridiculous.

I've watched a bunch of 2017 eligible QB's and I think I'm happy with how I'd rank them. I decided to exclude JT Barrett because his sophomore season was so disjointed and I really didn't want to use freshman film to judge him. He's unquestioned as OSU's starter for next season so the tape will be there eventually. Other notables not on the list are Mason Rudolph (OK St), Trevor Knight (Texas A&M) and whoever wins the ND job.

1) Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma

2) Deshaun Watson - Clemson

3) Brad Kaaya - Miami

4) Patrick Mahomes - Texas Tech

5) Gunner Kiel - Cincinnati

6) Luke Falk - Washington State

7) Chad Kelly - Ole Miss

8) Cooper Rush - Central Michigan

9) CJ Beathard - Iowa

10) Sefo Liufau - Colorado

11) Seth Russell - Baylor

12) Brady Gustafson - Montana

13) Patrick Towles - Boston College (Kentucky transfer)

14) Joshua Dobbs - Tennessee

15) Mitch Leidner - Minnesota

I feel that Mayfield is the outstanding QB of the class but people will pick apart his game because of his size.

Sefo Liufau should be moving up by the end of this season. He's got the size/arm strength/athleticism, but he's been hampered by playing on some truly awful teams (until this season) and by some poorly-timed injuries (including on Saturday vs. Michigan, after a really impressive 1st half). I'm guessing that if he stays healthy he could move all the way up to the 3rd round, maybe even higher.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.