2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Just taking a look at a few box scores. His name jumped out along with PSU LB Brandon Bell. 19 tackles, sack, PD.

Damn you, America and your far-too-many-to-watch college football games!

Patrick Mahomes - 53-of-88(!!!!) for 734 yards, 5 touchdowns.

Baker Mayfield - 27-of-36, 545 yards, 7 touchdowns.

Never, ever change, Big 12.

Gunner Kiel back at Cincinnati - 23-of-40, 348 yards, 4 TDs. I can believe again (until he gets injured on the opening snap next week).

Mahomes

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just taking a look at a few box scores. His name jumped out along with PSU LB Brandon Bell. 19 tackles, sack, PD.

Damn you, America and your far-too-many-to-watch college football games!

Patrick Mahomes - 53-of-88(!!!!) for 734 yards, 5 touchdowns.

Baker Mayfield - 27-of-36, 545 yards, 7 touchdowns.

Never, ever change, Big 12.

Gunner Kiel back at Cincinnati - 23-of-40, 348 yards, 4 TDs. I can believe again (until he gets injured on the opening snap next week).

gotta disagree about the big 12 can hardly watch their games with no defense, it's like watching the Probowl every week, yuk.

@NFL_CFB

"Reaffirmed his spot at the top of the list." - @BuckyBrooks What we learned from Week 8 in CFB: http://on.nfl.com/QG7BiC

CveC4SDXgAEdoBW.jpg

@NFL_CFB

"Both guys are locks to get picked in the first two rounds" - @MoveTheSticks What we learned from Week 8 in CFB: http://on.nfl.com/ipF2hM

CvikOlGWAAAik7j.jpg

@NFL_CFB

Ed Orgeron, who coached against Adrian Peterson, says Leonard Fournette is best RB he's ever seen. http://on.nfl.com/jYJqpl

Cviv38UW8AApHtI.jpg

@NFL_CFB

Scout says Patrick Mahomes is being hurt by Texas Tech #SourcesTellUs: http://on.nfl.com/P3j477

Cvt7cQNXEAEqYHE.jpg

For sure...what you can pick out of his performances are some key indicators that he can be successful in the NFL.

Despite being coached out of it, he manages to scan the field and generally make good decisions. He definitely bails from the pocket too soon and relies on his athleticism too much, which is why I've occasioned to liken him to Tyrod.

On the other hand, he's made some real "wow" throws this season. His 1st TD throw vs La Tech on a slant off the zone-read was an NFL throw all day. Quick decision, perfect placement, on a rope into a tight window between two defenders. You can see it at 1:50 below:

Sam Darnold anyone, QB 6'4" 225 USC

"In the four games he has started for the Trojans since being elevated from the backup role on Sept. 19, Darnold, a redshirt freshman, has been among the best quarterbacks in the country. He has thrown for 1,198 yards and 11 touchdowns with just one interception, and his 92.3 QBR, a stat that takes into account all facets of a quarterback’s play, ranks No. 2 in the FBS.

Darnold's play has been the biggest reason behind USC’s undefeated October, which has the Trojans (4-3, 3-2 Pac-12) back in the Pac-12 South race after they started the season 1-3 and 0-2 in the conference. They enter Thursday’s game against Cal (7:30 p.m. PT, ESPN/WatchESPN) at the Los Angeles Coliseum winners of their past three and one game behind Colorado and Utah in the division race."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/105438/qb-sam-darnold-has-ignited-uscs-impressive-turnaround

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

First off, Bud Foster is my hero. I genuinely don't think there's many better defensive coaches than him, NFL or CFB.

Brad Kaaya - yikes! He's seeing ghosts, I'd probably say half of the 8 sacks were mainly on him. He's got those galloping feet in the pocket like he's in a damn Monty Python film. When he's in rhythm, he's really good, but he's just too inconsistent with his mechanics. That INT down the middle of the field; not a clue what window he saw or how he thought his arm could drive in it there.

I want Sam Rogers on my football team. I don't care what as, I just adore that dude. Still not sold on Bucky Hodges, I just need to see more. Not seen him make the type of catches that a guy with his catch radius should. He's a matchup problem, if I see some of that catch radius he's definitely on my radar. Looks pretty raw as a route runner for a WR but I've liked big slot guys without a great route tree before.

I think that VT offense has 5 players with an NFL future - Hodges, Rogers, Isaiah Ford, Travon McMillian and Cam Phillips. Also want to take a look at LG Wyatt Teller, made a couple of mistakes but he had a couple of crunching blocks on pulls. Hokie can probably help me avoid wasting hours if he's terrible :D

Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds looks like a superstar in the making. Typically a Bud Foster defense is about the sum of its parts but he's probably an exception. I'm not ashamed to say that the kid quite literally had me drooling at one point.

Sorry I'm late. Teller is probably our best OL this year, but he has a bit of Allen Iverson in him. He got on Fuente's bad side because he wasn't giving full effort in practice and lost snaps early in the season. I'd say he's a top 10 G in the country talent-wise, but where he lands on team's lists might be dictated by his interviews.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.