Monday Night Football...

Nanker

ABC, ESPN likely to switch nights

Sunday Night Football with Al Michaels

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but...

"According to a league source familiar with the negotiations between the NFL and Disney (which owns both ESPN and ABC), ABC and ESPN will switch nights for carrying games -- ABC to Sunday, ESPN to Monday -- beginning in 2006.

The thinking is that Sunday remains the premier day for pro football, and a prime-time start in the East Coast that night would not hurt the ABC audience on the West Coast the way it does on Mondays. It has long been held that the 6 p.m. West Coast start for Monday games has hurt viewership because many people still are fighting traffic to get home at that time. This would be less of a concern if the game were on cable, which by its nature has a smaller audience anyway.

There has been debate about splitting the games between ESPN and ABC, but the discussion is leaning toward a simple flip-flop. There still would be Monday night football, but it no longer would be in network prime time, which may be a sign of the times."

I don't know what's worse - Thigh'sMan on Mondays or MikeAles on Sunday.

Why not just do the logical thing and give them both to ESPN.  They do a better job anyway and their HD coverage is outstanding.

246609[/snapback]

The answer to your question, is right in your question.

"logical"

Nothing logical is done anymore.

Why not just do the logical thing and give them both to ESPN.  They do a better job anyway and their HD coverage is outstanding.

246609[/snapback]

They are the same company, what's the difference? HD will be widely used by all networks soon, so I don't see much of an advantage. Besides, I always think it's better to have these things on the broadcast networks so more of the country can see the games.