The Titans to cut 6 players!

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/ar...ent_ID=65903500

Be nice if we would sign Samari Rolle.

246492[/snapback]

Why would we want that wife beater on this team? That guy is a scumbag

Thats not too shocking though, they are something like 27 million dollars over the cap.

I'll take Fred Miller though...he's started every game for the last 4 years for the Titans at RT. I'd rather have him at RT and move Big Mike to LG...a position that will actually take advantage of his chunky butt.

An O-Line of: Shelton, Williams, Teague, Villarial and Miller would be fine and dandy with me.

Carter makes too few big plays to justify his salary - the guy's a waste of cap space.

Rolle will be overpaid by someone (Minnesota? Jets?)

Mason will go to Atlanta - get ready, FFL players!

There may be some salvageable players from that o-line, although their play has declined over the last two seasons. Miller isn't a bad option, but my first choice would be Shelton.

Mason is a top 15 WR in the NFL and will chased by numerous teams. He will command a  huge salary and more than likely will not go to a team looking for a #3 WR.

246527[/snapback]

Hey don't burst his bubble. There are folks here that think we can get Shelton and Arizonas #1 this year and next for Travis Henry.

Hey don't burst his bubble.  There are folks here that think we can get Shelton and Arizonas #1 this year and next for Travis Henry.

246529[/snapback]

Thats a pretty...LOW estimate for some people around here. Why not ALL of Arizona's draft picks this year for Travis? Come on man, think outside of the box.

Hey don't burst his bubble.  There are folks here that think we can get Shelton and Arizonas #1 this year and next for Travis Henry.

246529[/snapback]

there are also folks around here who think that shelton will net zona AT LEAST a first round pick! :doh:

there are also folks around here who think that shelton will net zona AT LEAST a first round pick!  :doh:

246533[/snapback]

It is more likely for a LT with friendly cap number to get a 1st, then a pedophile locker room has been running back who never could block, has trouble stepping over a yard line, and barely catches the ball.

It is more likely for a LT with  friendly cap number to get a 1st, then a pedophile locker room has been running back who never could block, has trouble stepping over a yard line, and barely catches the ball.

246537[/snapback]

that's not the discussion -- i don't think EITHER are worth a 1st round pick, and neither team will get a 1st rounder.......

i don't see many on this board posting that travis is worth a 1st rounder.......

move Big Mike to LG...a position that will actually take advantage of his chunky butt.

An O-Line of:  Shelton, Williams, Teague, Villarial and Miller would be fine and dandy with me.

246493[/snapback]

The idea of moving MW to guard only has some logic to mention because JMac mentioned it last year. However, it seems a far more likely explanation that he mentioned it to light a fire under MW that sorry play at RT may well cost him big bucks at LT rather than it being a serious idea merited by what MW has struggled with.

Obviously MW has a big butt and is a big boy, but as a pro his problem has not been handling the speed of edge rushers around the end, his actual problem has been coordinating with the tackle to pick up guys coming frome the interior on stunts. Even this could be because of physical agility issue, but if so why aren't moving out to deal with speed rushers an issue for him as well. Instead it seems to be a mental issue communicating the switches effectively and using his strength properly on bull rushing DTs that suddenly are his responsibility.

In addition to the on the field performance issues that lead me to see moving MW inside as no solution, the off field cap issues are made even worse by this move. MW is not worth a $9.17 million cap hit at RT and good play at G is found in players like Villarial who cost $3 million.

I'd cut MW before I moved him inside and if I were him I'd force you to pay me $9.17 million if you want me to play G rather than take a restructuring to reduce my salary to some guard like level.