JM57

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly.

If Miller proves to be better then Slauson in training camp/preseason then reward him with the starting RG position and slide Slauson to RT if they think he is capable. If not Start Slauson and use Miller as depth.

I don't think that quite nails it. For me the question is:

Does Miller at guard and Slauson at tackle make the line stronger than Slauson at guard and Mills / Henderson / Kujo at tackle?

I'd be amazed if it didn't frankly. But if Slauson and one of the three headed monster is definitely the strongest combination then fine go with that. The Miller / Slauson combo has it on ties because I think Miller has simply demonstrated more NFL traits that suggest he can develop into a solid starter than any of the three right tackle options.

Slauson would be a great addition. Would give the Bills depth and options.

Then the question becomes who are your best 5 OL

Glenn Incognito and Wood are 3.

The right side is the ?

Is it better with Slauson at RG and Mills at RT.

Is it better with Miller at RG and Slauson at RT.

Is it better with Miller at RG and Mills at RT.

Let them battle it out in camp and find out.

Whoever ends up on the bench provides solid depth.

My initial thinking is that I'd leave Slauson at G were you has shown he can play well. I believe he is better there right now that Miller. This would solidify that position and leave RT as the only question. Let Mills, Cujo and Henderson fight it out for the job. If they all flounder and no other FA are available, give Slauson a shot there and throw Miller back in at RG.

Watching this play out in camp would be interesting.

You think Slauson would want to start? Thats what Bills have to offer over Chargers. I would like to see him try out at tackle

he could start at center in SD. The rookie they took in the 3rd is a good player but coming off of ACL

He also used to play for their OL coach in 2010 when he was with Jets

Edited by YoloinOhio

he could start at center in SD. The rookie they took in the 3rd is a good player but coming off of ACL

He also used to play for their OL coach in 2010 when he was with Jets

I read about the associations . Did not now he could start at center though :doh:

I don't think that quite nails it. For me the question is:

Does Miller at guard and Slauson at tackle make the line stronger than Slauson at guard and Mills / Henderson / Kujo at tackle?

I'd be amazed if it didn't frankly. But if Slauson and one of the three headed monster is definitely the strongest combination then fine go with that. The Miller / Slauson combo has it on ties because I think Miller has simply demonstrated more NFL traits that suggest he can develop into a solid starter than any of the three right tackle options.

I generally agree that it's more likely we're better with slauson at tackle GB.

Another variable worth consideration is whether slauson himself is better at one position than he is at the other and whether it changes the equation.

It's seems like a pretty straightforward question of comparative advantage, no? If you rank your players as follows:

Guard:

Miller 4

Slauson 8

Tackle

Slauson 7

Kujo 3

Mills 2

Then a combination of Miller at guard and Slauson at tackle gives the best value to the Bills.

Another variable worth consideration is whether slauson himself is better at one position than he is at the other and whether it changes the equation.

I am sure Slauson is better at guard having played most of his pro career there. But Miller is a much better guard than the three guys competing for RT are tackles.

If Slauson is only just better than those 3 at tackle then the strongest lineup probably is Slauson at guard but if there is any kind of discernable difference between him and them at tackle then I think he plays tackle and Miller stays inat guard.

That is arguable.

Miller was pretty bad last year. Mills was bad as well but I thought Miller was worse. Henderson was horrendous.

That doesn't match what I saw when I rewatched the snaps. Now I might be wrong as I said in another thread yesterday - o-line play evaluation is hard when you don't know assignments beyond the odd very obvious mistake.

But I can only say it as I see it.

That is arguable.

Miller was pretty bad last year. Mills was bad as well but I thought Miller was worse. Henderson was horrendous.

Geez an injured rookie had a tough time?

IMO Miller will be fine.

That doesn't match what I saw when I rewatched the snaps. Now I might be wrong as I said in another thread yesterday - o-line play evaluation is hard when you don't know assignments beyond the odd very obvious mistake.

But I can only say it as I see it.

It may not always be blatantly obvious but your willingness to watch some ugly ballgames and share your analysis is appreciated. To be honest my take on slauson is just get him under contract and then figure it out on the practice field. Plenty of time in camp to test all the configurations and see who has progressed and how much.

If I have to take a guess I'm going with your prediction if for no other reason than its likely our best run blocking alignment and I suspect that's what matters most to Roman.

Wow

It all depends on what position he's most interested in playing. If it's center or guard, he might pick SD. If it's tackle, he'd probably pick us.