Sanchez to start for the Broncos

With a couple previous Super Bowl wins and another one last year, I doubt I would be that upset about it.

Seriously, can't we get just one?

With a couple previous Super Bowl wins and another one last year, I doubt I would be that upset about it.

Seriously, can't we get just one?

Expectations are higher in Denver. Shanahan got the boot with an 8-8 season, 3 years after 3 successful playoff seasons.

Fox got the boot after a 12-4 season and a division loss.

McDaniels got 2 years, buh-bye!

I give it to Chip Kelly - he had Sanchez playing like an actual NFL QB, but he still threw 18 TD to 15 INTs. That won't earn him love with the Mile-High fans.

Expectations are higher in Denver. Shanahan got the boot with an 8-8 season, 3 years after 3 successful playoff seasons.

I give it to Chip Kelly - he had Sanchez playing like an actual NFL QB, but he still threw 18 TD to 15 INTs. That won't earn him love with the Mile-High fans.

He has some nice options outside and in the backfield. If that defense can remain dominant he just has to be steady. He managed games with the Jets before he eventually had his melt down. It will be interesting to watch, Lynch isn't even close right now.

Peyton and Osweiler combined for 19 TDs, 23 INTs last year. Not saying the Broncos are going to repeat with a similarly abysmal level of QB play, just that (1) the bar is set pretty low; (2) the defense still looks like it will be excellent.

Peyton was barely better than a pitching machine. Strike that, he was worse than a pitching machine. They'll be JUST fine.

Wow, I hadn't realized just how bad he was. But he still had that ability to read the D and adjust the plays....

Rumor had it Sanchez needed everything pretty well dumbed down and spelled out...and then there's the "butt fumble". But perhaps he improved in PHI and that's no longer true.

Peyton and Osweiler combined for 19 TDs, 23 INTs last year. Not saying the Broncos are going to repeat with a similarly abysmal level of QB play, just that (1) the bar is set pretty low; (2) the defense still looks like it will be excellent.

Sanchez could def. handle the 19 TDs, 23 INT part. In fact if he plays at the same level as with the Eagles, he could improve on that.

Peyton was barely better than a pitching machine. Strike that, he was worse than a pitching machine. They'll be JUST fine.

Peyton was still reading defenses and controlling the offense even though his arm strength deteriorated. Let's not act like Sanchez can just step right in and they'll be fine - they won't be.

The Broncos had the worst Quarterback play of any team in the league last year. It was woeful. Peyton was bad and the kid Houston have thrown money at was no better.

The one thing they did have when Peyton was out there was an offensive coordinator on the field able to read defense and get them into the right play.

Wade Phillips will need to keep the defense #1 overall if they are going to make the playoffs. That division will take a lot of winning this year.

Was gonna say, Sanchez can't be worse than their QB production last year. My question is, what in the world is the point of declaring a starter now? What if Lynch radically outplays Sanchez throughout the offseason?

Correct. It is a phony declaration. The idea is take pressure off Lynch, but if Lynch outplays Sanchez (more than possible) he will start.

Was gonna say, Sanchez can't be worse than their QB production last year. My question is, what in the world is the point of declaring a starter now? What if Lynch radically outplays Sanchez throughout the offseason?

I'll take Peyton Manning with no right arm over Sanchez.

I used to think Rex was a really good coach because he was able to win with Sanchez turning the ball over like crazy.