Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

I care because there are folks who are acting like parting ways with Fitz made the Bills better. Which it didn't.

Fitz is leagues above Kolb. Ya'll are biased because he was a Bills QB on a losing team. They aren't even close.

Fitz went 10-12 in the 2 years after leaving the Bills, until going 10-6 last year. He didn't take his team to the playoffs in any of those 3 season. Parting ways with him might not have made them better, but it didn't make them worse either.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I care because there are folks who are acting like parting ways with Fitz made the Bills better. Which it didn't.

Fitz is leagues above Kolb. Ya'll are biased because he was a Bills QB on a losing team. They aren't even close.

Drop it.

OK, how about this one?

That was a painful one. The Bills had totally taken control of that game and should have won it. They were on the upswing and beating the Steelers would have been huge. Then Stevie drops the ball and goes all apoplectic on everyone... The joys.

That was a painful one. The Bills had totally taken control of that game and should have won it. They were on the upswing and beating the Steelers would have been huge. Then Stevie drops the ball and goes all apoplectic on everyone... The joys.

i still hate him for that one.

Not sure what the opportunity cost is. Depends on how much he's asking for, cap hit, and what player(s) they need to cut restructure.

The opportunity cost of letting Fitz walk is zero chance of making the playoffs for years to come---until they draft some future franchise QB. Even you don't believe that QB is on the roster right now, doc.

The opportunity cost of letting Fitz walk is zero chance of making the playoffs for years to come---until they draft some future franchise QB. Even you don't believe that QB is on the roster right now, doc.

Yea cuz fitz has made the playoffs ZERO times.

#math

The opportunity cost of keeping Fitz is zero chance of making the playoffs for years to come as well...and paying a lot for that "privilege." He is what he is and if any team thought he could even take a team to the playoffs, he'd have been signed by now for what he wants, which is still low-end starter money.

And I don't know if the Bills have a franchise QB on the roster. That's what this year is for. As I've said before, I want to see TT slinging the ball all over the place to see whether he is one, before even considering paying him $20M/year.

Drop it.

And let someone else get the last word? I could die, you know.

The opportunity cost of keeping Fitz is zero chance of making the playoffs for years to come as well...and paying a lot for that "privilege." He is what he is and if any team thought he could even take a team to the playoffs, he'd have been signed by now for what he wants, which is still low-end starter money.

And I don't know if the Bills have a franchise QB on the roster. That's what this year is for. As I've said before, I want to see TT slinging the ball all over the place to see whether he is one, before even considering paying him $20M/year.

He's talking about the Jets roster, Doc.

Zero?

The jets never intended for Fitz to be their 2015 starter IMO or else they don't use that high second round pick last year on a deep threat he can't take advantage of. Geno beat him out in TC before he got his jaw broken. Probably because Fitz was coming off of injury, but I still think they were surprised that he played well enough to warrant a bigger contract. So they weren't prepared. I don't think they want to invest a big contract into him when past performance indicates 2015 was his ceiling. But they are stuck now because no one believes in Geno and the WRs are vocal about wanting him back.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's talking about the Jets roster, Doc.

Zero?

Doesn't matter whose roster he's talking about. And if his contention is that there is zero chance the Jets make the playoffs without Fitz, I can say there's zero chance they make them with him Fitz has proven himself. Hack hasn't. That's not to say I'm thinking he'll be great, just that you can't say right now.

How about these 3 ? Give the people what they want

3 ints in a must win game. Yep this is the guy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ryan-fitzpatrick-interceptions-no-playoffs-for-the-jets-2016-1

All of them at the most Fitz like moments as well. One in the red zone, and another on a potential game winning late drive. All very poor decisions too. Fitz drove me crazy with that kind of play for us. I don't understand how anyone could miss this guy.

The jets never intended for Fitz to be their 2015 starter IMO or else they don't use that high second round pick last year on a deep threat he can't take advantage of. Geno beat him out in TC before he got his jaw broken. Probably because Fitz was coming off of injury, but I still think they were surprised that he played well enough to warrant a bigger contract. So they weren't prepared. I don't think they want to invest a big contract into him when past performance indicates 2015 was his ceiling. But they are stuck now because no one believes in Geno and the WRs are vocal about wanting him back.

Yup. :beer:

I'm not sure what people are arguing wrt Fitz.......once they didn't give Geno the job back when he was cleared to play and Fitz then lead them to the brink of the playoffs coming off of a 4 win season........they lost their excuse not to re-sign him in the locker room.

Not one team in the league other than the Jets is interested in Fitz's services as a starter or backup. That's an indication of his value. Fitz is Fitz. You don't get anywhere serious with Fitz. He may have had a top 15 performance last season from a statistical standpoint but in reality he is a bottom feeder starter who at best is an adequate backup.

When the Buffalo Bills, a qb starved team, are willing to let a qb go what does that tell you? Acing the SATs and the Wonderlic do not mean that you can accurately throw the ball.

this is an incredibly hilarious post which illustrates the bias of most Bills fans.

the prolific "not one team..." heeeelarious.

i'm sure at least 14-15 teams in the league would sign Fitz for a backup if they could afford him or have a viable reason. he'd be an upgrade at backup in Atlanta over shaub, be better than whoever is in Dallas, he is a better backup than Trent Edwards and Connor Cook in Oakland, Tjax in Seattle, whoever backs up in green bay...

etc. etc. etc.

he's an average nfl starting quarterback. what nfl team would not want him as a backup?

my god you people are insane.

Yup. :beer:

I'm not sure what people are arguing wrt Fitz.......once they didn't give Geno the job back when he was cleared to play and Fitz then lead them to the brink of the playoffs coming off of a 4 win season........they lost their excuse not to re-sign him in the locker room.

there are two arguments.

1) fitz sucks, always sucks should keep sucking and suck forever. because of this, he's never going to be good. so paying him anything is bad.

2) the jets created a problem by having no ability for a real backup plan to geno and others on the roster being terrible. the new organization had to go out and find fitz just in case.

this is an incredibly hilarious post which illustrates the bias of most Bills fans.

the prolific "not one team..." heeeelarious.

i'm sure at least 14-15 teams in the league would sign Fitz for a backup if they could afford him or have a viable reason. he'd be an upgrade at backup in Atlanta over shaub, be better than whoever is in Dallas, he is a better backup than Trent Edwards and Connor Cook in Oakland, Tjax in Seattle, whoever backs up in green bay...

etc. etc. etc.

he's an average nfl starting quarterback. what nfl team would not want him as a backup?

my god you people are insane.

there are two arguments.

1) fitz sucks, always sucks should keep sucking and suck forever. because of this, he's never going to be good. so paying him anything is bad.

2) the jets created a problem by having no ability for a real backup plan to geno and others on the roster being terrible. the new organization had to go out and find fitz just in case.

I would totally take Fitz as a backup QB.......totally.

I would totally take Fitz as a backup QB.......totally.

yep.

how many games would you be prepared to start him?

he's a backup quarterback on our team and as such - he shouldn't start for us. he's more than a injury backup. if taylor comes out and ***** the bed the first 6-7 weeks. say, tosses 10+ INT's and only 3-4 TD's and barely 1,000 yards? i'd be fine with letting fitz finish the season and continue to let Jones develop. let Taylor go in 2017 and have Fitz carpool with him if need be - because we'd be ready for a top 8 pick (IMO) at that point.

Edited by Boyst62

Throwing deep and hitting a few passes and throwing deep well are two different things. He is terrible at deep balls. They are typically underthrown, take too long to get there and hang up in the air. I'd bet money Fitz has one of the worst completion percentages and QB Ratings on passes over 20 yards in the NFL throughout his career. How many times were receivers running wide open by 5+ yards with the Bills only to see the ball aT underthrown and picked? Too many to count.

I am just pointing out that people exaggerate to try to boost their argument and it is silly. The poster said he can't throw deep and it has been shown many times he can but it is not his strength. Other poster claims no team but Jest would sign him as QB or backup and it is a lot less absolute then they claim. I understand fan is short for fanatic but sometimes on this board it is short for idiot.

I am just pointing out that people exaggerate to try to boost their argument and it is silly. The poster said he can't throw deep and it has been shown many times he can but it is not his strength. Other poster claims no team but Jest would sign him as QB or backup and it is a lot less absolute then they claim. I understand fan is short for fanatic but sometimes on this board it is short for idiot.

you should have added the fact that very few starting qb's in the league can truly throw a good deep ball. ryan, rodgers, roethlisberger and cousins may be the best deep ballers in the league. newton is too erratic, brady too weak, brees might still can, winston is getting there, bridgewater is almost there.