Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

Yes they can, just as they were prepared to do last season. You think Fitz will be happy retiring? And that's why the Jets have leverage, even if that reality continues to baffle people here.

Everyone assumes they'll eventually work it out. The question is at what price.

Average QB, super smart, super rich, maybe he will be happy since he will spend more time with his family.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm back in a Fitz thread. Just sign him already so we can end this misery! :lol:

The Bills would but Fitz isn't interested in playing as backup ... or was that not what you meant? :nana:

Average QB, super smart, super rich, maybe he will be happy since he will spend more time with his family.

If he was very super smart, super genius level, he'd be interviewing for jobs on Wall Street making the Jest scared he was looking for alternative. The NYC press would play it all up adding their own rumors and phony inside sources.,

eO77n1w.jpg

$1M? Nice math skills.

And what I understand that you apparently don't is the Jets want Fitz at a certain price and not above. You know, the same way every personnel decision gets made.

I mean, you made those numbers up. 1-2 who cares.

Okay then. The Jets will play Geno then. That'll work. I'm sure they're very willing to do so. BMarsh and Decker are pumped.

Edited by FireChan

You obviously haven't been paying attention if you think anyone is claiming Fitz isn't their best option, at least, in the short term. But what does that get them? A few more wins and missing out on the playoffs again, at the expense of cutting players or extending old ones? What makes you, or anyone else, suddenly think that Fitz is a playoff caliber QB, much less a guy who can win a playoff game, much much less a guy who can win a SB?

He obviously didn't realize the obvious.

well he did kinda, but doubled up on it B-)

I think Fitz has made peace with his skill set and/or lack there of. The market has clearly shown his value. He continues to hold out for big money because he can. Why is that so baffling? And you know what they say about assumptions.

It's not baffling at all; don't believe I indicated any such thing. However, it is clear he'd prefer to play than retire.

What's baffling are the people who can't understand why the Jets aren't throwing $15-$18M a year at that limited skill set.

It's not baffling at all; don't believe I indicated any such thing. However, it is clear he'd prefer to play than retire.

What's baffling are the people who can't understand why the Jets aren't throwing $15-$18M a year at that limited skill set.

You are confusing not understanding why with not agreeing with why.

I understand why.

Most people do.

I am sure Jets players understand why.....everyone knows Fitz has never been franchise material.......but they apparently just don't have any faith in Geno.

How much saved cap space is a tanked season worth to you?

I figure each win is worth around $20M in payroll........some teams get more bang for their buck......others less........and QB's are by far the biggest difference makers in regards to wins and losses...........so what is the WAR on Fitz versus the alternatives?

This is like a mexican standoff. The jets can't go into the season with geno and their only option is fitzy while fitzy can't get a starting job anywhere right now. So they both need each other. Geno would give them perhaps 4 wins while fitz could give them 8-10 wins.

You obviously haven't been paying attention if you think anyone is claiming Fitz isn't their best option, at least, in the short term. But what does that get them? A few more wins and missing out on the playoffs again, at the expense of cutting players or extending old ones? What makes you, or anyone else, suddenly think that Fitz is a playoff caliber QB, much less a guy who can win a playoff game, much much less a guy who can win a SB?

He obviously didn't realize the obvious.

Many here are claiming exactly that doc. In fact it's the topic of this discussion.

What do you get? A veteran QB who gives you the best chance to get to the playoffs until they can draft/pickup another QB who can do the same long term. Why is that so hard to figure out?

SB?? Now that's the criteria for giving Fitz a new deal? Wow, the goal posts keep moving, as they say. Anyway, I'm certain you didn't think he would lead them on a streak at the end of the season to 10 wins and a chance for a win and in to the playoffs, or set a franchise record for TDs.

One big one vs Leodis Mckelvin. He still sucks, look at you and Fc the honorary Jets fans.

The fitz INT was the highlight of the season. Taunting jets fans when they missed the playoffs was the best.

It wasn't a pick six.....

@AP_NFL

AP Source: Jets make 3-year offer to QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, includes $12M guaranteed in 1st year http://apne.ws/24cvT6H

@dwaz73

That doesn't really mean much...obviously the $12 million in the first year must have signing bonus money involved, which likely means the remaining two years are pretty lowball offers

Many here are claiming exactly that doc. In fact it's the topic of this discussion.

What do you get? A veteran QB who gives you the best chance to get to the playoffs until they can draft/pickup another QB who can do the same long term. Why is that so hard to figure out?

SB?? Now that's the criteria for giving Fitz a new deal? Wow, the goal posts keep moving, as they say. Anyway, I'm certain you didn't think he would lead them on a streak at the end of the season to 10 wins and a chance for a win and in to the playoffs, or set a franchise record for TDs.

"Many here" are claiming that Geno or Hack would win more games than Fitz? No.

And the Jets drafted a QB who they hope to develop. Fitz wants a 3-year deal for $14-15M/year. That's a larger investment than they want to make given he's shown little ability to get his teams to the playoffs, his career year last year notwithstanding. I hope they do give him a big money deal because it will prove to be as big a mistake as the one the Bills gave him.

That doesn't really mean much...obviously the $12 million in the first year must have signing bonus money involved, which likely means the remaining two years are pretty lowball offers

A leak that only includes highlight is worse than no leak at all.

Actually there is a big difference in survival rates (skyscraper is worst) depending upon details.

But exaggerate all you want if you do not have facts to back them up.

Whether Bills fans like it or not he has been hired by multiple teams and that is what is important not fans opinions.

He has been let go by every team he has played for, including Buffalo. Buddy wanted him to play on a contract more commensurate with his talent level. He declined, and left. Buffalo took the same stance that the Jets are taking i.e. paying a player according to his talent level. Now it is portrayed by many that the standard practice of doing business in the league is a radical notion.

Denver under Elway established a value for Osweiller and refused to budge. He left. Elway also told Peyton that if he wanted to stay with the Broncos last year he had to take a pay cut. He took the cut and stayed. My point is that what is going on in NY is nothing out of the ordinary.

No team in the league has any interest in Fitz as a starter, or as a backup. That is a testament to what his actual value is. A deal will probably get done but it won't be what Fitz is currently asking for.

The last game in which the Jets' front office watched Fitz play was against Buffalo. It certainly didn't persuade anyone associated with the team that he was indispensable. Fitz is Fitz. Enough said!