Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

Any coming off a top 15 season?

Not one team in the league other than the Jets is interested in Fitz's services as a starter or backup. That's an indication of his value. Fitz is Fitz. You don't get anywhere serious with Fitz. He may have had a top 15 performance last season from a statistical standpoint but in reality he is a bottom feeder starter who at best is an adequate backup.

When the Buffalo Bills, a qb starved team, are willing to let a qb go what does that tell you? Acing the SATs and the Wonderlic do not mean that you can accurately throw the ball.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any that set the Jets franchise record for TD passes? 56 years and better than 1 HOF QB and a soon to be HOF QB.

Exactly. I don't understand why this is so complicated. Fitz had a great season just as his deal expired and wants more than back up money. Makes sense to me.

Not one team in the league other than the Jets is interested in Fitz's services as a starter or backup. That's an indication of his value. Fitz is Fitz. You don't get anywhere serious with Fitz. He may have had a top 15 performance last season from a statistical standpoint but in reality he is a bottom feeder starter who at best is an adequate backup.

When the Buffalo Bills, a qb starved team, are willing to let a qb go what does that tell you? Acing the SATs and the Wonderlic do not mean that you can accurately throw the ball.

Have the Bills ever had a QB who had a season like Fitz's 2015? Is one game away from the postseason with a win over a historically dominant division rival and a 10-6 record not "anywhere serious?"

Fitz's value is inherently tied to a Jets team that can't afford to go into the season with Geno and co. as the QB unit.

The rest of your cliched drivel isn't worth addressing.

The Jets are doing the same thing as what the Bills did with Fitz. They are willing to keep him on a short term deal (related to actual $$$) at a particular price range. It is a talent to contract ratio. There is nothing out of the ordinary or irresponsible about their position.

When it comes to options Fitz has little leverage because no other team is willing to have him on their roster, let alone pay him. The Jets simply need a bridge qb for a year or so.

Fitz is a backup caliber of qb who happened to start on teams without a starting qb. He is the type of qb who falls in the category of "let's just get by with him" until we get a real starter. Fitz is a smart guy with a secure ego and is aware that he is at the end of the line in this phase of his career. The Jets are aware at this point he is the best immediate option they have. So I'm sure that a deal will eventually get done.

The bottom line is Fitz is Fitz. You don't get anywhere serious with a Fitz type of qb. If even Buffalo can recognize that then the Jets and every team in the league can also recognize that which is so obvious. If Fitz should take an uncompromising stance (which I don't think will happen) then the Jets would just move on and find another mediocre qb to fill in.

You can't get anywhere serious with Fitz.......until of course......you do.

The QB for the SB champs threw 9 TD's and 17 pics.

Drawing a line with Fitz at BACKUP money when he just threw 30 TD's and you have a very veteran driven team and no other option at QB........well that's just giving up on your season.

And I like it! :lol:

Exactly. I don't understand why this is so complicated. Fitz had a great season just as his deal expired and wants more than back up money. Makes sense to me.

Have the Bills ever had a QB who had a season like Fitz's 2015? Is one game away from the postseason with a win over a historically dominant division rival and a 10-6 record not "anywhere serious?"

Fitz's value is inherently tied to a Jets team that can't afford to go into the season with Geno and co. as the QB unit.

The rest of your cliched drivel isn't worth addressing

Again, not one team in the league other than the Jets has any interest in Fitz as a starter or backup. What the Jets are not going to do is over pay for Fitz. The Jets and Fitz will probably get a deal done. He will get paid what he is worth, not what Fitz currently thinks he is worth.

You can't get anywhere serious with Fitz.......until of course......you do.

The QB for the SB champs threw 9 TD's and 17 pics.

Drawing a line with Fitz at BACKUP money when he just threw 30 TD's and you have a very veteran driven team and no other option at QB........well that's just giving up on your season.

And I like it! :lol:

The qb for the SB champs has absolutely nothing to do with the Fitz/Jets situation. So I don't understand the relevancy. But if you want to carry out that analogy if Peyton wanted to come back how much would the Broncos pay him?

The season that Fitz had last year was an aberration. And the Jets know it. Assuming a deal gets done Fitz is not going to get what he is currently demanding for the simple reason that he is not worth it from a talent standpoint. Fitz is Fitz. And that shouldn't be forgotten.

Again, not one team in the league other than the Jets has any interest in Fitz as a starter or backup. What the Jets are not going to do is over pay for Fitz. The Jets and Fitz will probably get a deal done. He will get paid what he is worth, not what Fitz currently thinks he is worth.

Who cares? The Jets have interest and that's all that matters.

The qb for the SB champs has absolutely nothing to do with the Fitz/Jets situation. So I don't understand the relevancy. But if you want to carry out that analogy if Peyton wanted to come back how much would the Broncos pay him?

The season that Fitz had last year was an aberration. And the Jets know it. Assuming a deal gets done Fitz is not going to get what he is currently demanding for the simple reason that he is not worth it from a talent standpoint. Fitz is Fitz. And that shouldn't be forgotten.

Would you bet the house against him throwing 30 TD's and 15 pics and completing 58% of his passes? :doh:

Some of you guys act like he went 2013-Nick-Foles on the league and couldn't POSSIBLY repeat that. :lol:

I agree that Fitz isn't a $25M/yr QB.......he has struggled in the clutch many times........but he's also actually had some good moments in the clutch and denying it sounds good but isn't being honest.

We were in a similar situation after Bledsoe crashed and burned against Pitt........moving on from him sounded like a good idea at the time.......but that following season without him was one of THE WORST I've ever experienced as a Bills fan.

One flat, lackluster performance after the next........sloppy, barftastic football.

And Ross Tucker claims that the veterans on that team mailed in their preparation and effort in response to management canning Bledsoe.

Like I said........I will love it if the Jets keep a hard line on Fitz. :thumbsup:

Would you bet the house against him throwing 30 TD's and 15 pics and completing 58% of his passes? :doh:

Some of you guys act like he went 2013-Nick-Foles on the league and couldn't POSSIBLY repeat that. :lol:

I agree that Fitz isn't a $25M/yr QB.......he has struggled in the clutch many times........but he's also actually had some good moments in the clutch and denying it sounds good but isn't being honest.

We were in a similar situation after Bledsoe crashed and burned against Pitt........moving on from him sounded like a good idea at the time.......but that following season without him was one of THE WORST I've ever experienced as a Bills fan.

One flat, lackluster performance after the next........sloppy, barftastic football.

And Ross Tucker claims that the veterans on that team mailed in their preparation and effort in response to management canning Bledsoe.

Like I said........I will love it if the Jets keep a hard line on Fitz. :thumbsup:

Maybe not the house, but I'd bet $100 he doesn't throw for more than 30 TD's.

This seems to make interesting drama, but I don't get it. Fitz will be on the Jets next season, it's just a matter of time. There's no way they go into the season with those QBs.

Maybe not the house, but I'd bet $100 he doesn't throw for more than 30 TD's.

Point being that it wasn't all that "great" of a season.........but it is certainly more production than you get in free agency for $7M.

$7M for a free agent QB coming off that production is f*ckin laughable. :lol:

I hope they can't come to an agreement...........and they then sign Kevin on the Kolb for $6.5M to replace him and he announces at his PC that it's SB or bust.

Remember that gem.......that poor, sad-sack passer never threw TEN TD passes in a season and they had the audacity to sell that pile to Bills fans?

Say what you want about Fitz........but it always seems to get WORSE for that teams QB position after he gets disproportionately d*cked around for not being a franchise QB.

Go back and watch the last game of the season Fitz played against the Bills which left his team out of the playoffs. You can cite his last season stats as if it is his standard. It is not. The Jets know exactly what caliber of qb he is. Wretched mediocrity is not an argument for a good starter salary.

The Jets and Fitz will come to an accord. It will not match what he desired. Without the Jets Fitz is retired because there is zero interest for him in the league. Without Fitz the Jets will get by with another placeholder.

You make a good point with your Bledsoe analogy. The reality with Bledsoe at that stage in his career was that he was finished as a starter and as a meaningful player. So the Bills went with another option. It didn't work. So what! When you know for sure the course you are currently taking is not working then try something else. If it doesn't work out at least you tried something different.

I'd love to see the reaction if our QB threw 30 tds and led us to 10 wins, including one over the Pats. I'm sure we would be talking about how Mediorce he was.

And threw 3 picks against a non-playoff division rival in week 17 to blow a playoff berth? Considering how people here are still ranting about the week 17 loss in 2004 I can guess the reaction.

Point being that it wasn't all that "great" of a season.........but it is certainly more production than you get in free agency for $7M.

$7M for a free agent QB coming off that production is f*ckin laughable. :lol:

I hope they can't come to an agreement...........and they then sign Kevin on the Kolb for $6.5M to replace him and he announces at his PC that it's SB or bust.

Remember that gem.......that poor, sad-sack passer never threw TEN TD passes in a season and they had the audacity to sell that pile to Bills fans?

Say what you want about Fitz........but it always seems to get WORSE for that teams QB position after he gets disproportionately d*cked around for not being a franchise QB.

If it's so laughable, why hasn't another team scooped him up? Why isn't he the starter right now for Cleveland or Denver? What everyone keeps forgetting (or ignoring) is there is no other market for his services aside from the Jets, so he doesn't fit into the standard QB salary scale.

Edited by KD in CA

I'd love to see the reaction if our QB threw 30 tds and led us to 10 wins, including one over the Pats. I'm sure we would be talking about how Mediorce he was.

The Bills are very familiar with Fitz. They let him walk.

If only we could have had such a QB on the Bills...oh, wait a minute! :doh:

;)

If only we could have had such a QB on the Bills...oh, wait a minute! :doh:

;)

As much as I think that Fitzpatrick is not the future of any NFL team, I think we would have been much better off keeping him instead of swapping in Kolb.

This seems to make interesting drama, but I don't get it. Fitz will be on the Jets next season, it's just a matter of time. There's no way they go into the season with those QBs.

Good piece. I have no idea what the Jets are thinking. Whatever one thinks of Fitzpatrick, he is without question better than the Jets' alternatives.

Now you would think this obvious truth would be overwhelmingly obvious, but a good number of posters here cannot grasp this. Or their distaste for Fitz forces them into aggressive disingenuity.

And threw 3 picks against a non-playoff division rival in week 17 to blow a playoff berth? Considering how people here are still ranting about the week 17 loss in 2004 I can guess the reaction.

If it's so laughable, why hasn't another team scooped him up? Why isn't he the starter right now for Cleveland or Denver? What everyone keeps forgetting (or ignoring) is there is no other market for his services aside from the Jets, so he doesn't fit into the standard QB salary scale.

And the Jets DO have a market for his services and a need. Fitz can just not play, you know. Can the Jets just as easily start Geno?