Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets with Fitzpatrick are the 2nd best team in the division.

The Jets without Fitzpatrick are battling for the basement with Buffalo.

Yes....even though they lost to us TWICE last year

Who was playing a meaningful game in December last year?

Actually...the jets were if you remember.

We knocked them out of the playoffs....remember?

Both teams technically, but the Bills won the January game if that's what you are referring to. They also won the previous 3 match ups.

I totally get it. I know we beat them twice. But the Jets were a FAR better team who simply didn't play well against the Bills. To deny that would be silly. They were better at nearly every position besides running back. And with Fitz, they will be again next year.

The Jets are shooting themselves in the foot by letting Fitz walk, IMO. With that defense and coaching staff, they will make the playoffs with Fitz at QB.

I wonder what the ballpark figure is around Fitz's contract offer.

Schefter on Mike and Mike this morning stated that the Jets are offering 9-10 million and he wants 15.

Who was playing a meaningful game in December last year?

Who won that game?

Same schedule save for 2 games. Bills got Bengals and Chiefs (2 playoff teams combined 23-9) and the Jets got the Browns and Raiders (combined 10 and 22). Jets finished 2 games better and lost to the Bills both games.

I totally get it. I know we beat them twice. But the Jets were a FAR better team who simply didn't play well against the Bills. To deny that would be silly. They were better at nearly every position besides running back. And with Fitz, they will be again next year.

The Jets are shooting themselves in the foot by letting Fitz walk, IMO. With that defense and coaching staff, they will make the playoffs with Fitz at QB.

Tyrod is a much better player than Fitz and you know that but will never admit it because you think think downplaying his play makes you less wrong about the guy you wanted. If the Bills called the Jets and said "we will trade you Tyrod for Fitz" it would take about 1 second for the Jets to accept (if Fitz were under contract).

The Bills have beaten the Jets 5 straight times by an average of 17.6 points a game. The Jets are better coached and had a better defense but the Bills have better playmakers.

Tyrod is a much better player than Fitz and you know that but will never admit it because you think think downplaying his play makes you less wrong about the guy you wanted. If the Bills called the Jets and said "we will trade you Tyrod for Fitz" it would take about 1 second for the Jets to accept (if Fitz were under contract).

The Bills have beaten the Jets 5 straight times by an average of 17.6 points a game. The Jets are better coached and had a better defense but the Bills have better playmakers.

I was going to respond to that post also, but you did such a good job I don't have to. :thumbsup:

I guess he does not care about Decker and Brandon's feelings much does he ?

If he has taken all that beating then money should not be the issue. I call bs.

I looked at it as him being stubborn and taking an attitude like Ricky Watters and Latrell Sprewell, neither of which played again.

I doubt RF will again outplay the value of his contract and that's why the Jets are balking at the big payday.

He didn't get "worse" as the season wore on last year. He's actually a very consistent player.

Defenses got better at keying off his habits and tendancies as a passer.

Like I said when he was our QB, he lights it up in the first couple games but once teams have tape, that consistency is a killer and he's reluctant to change.

I had little doubt we'd be successful against him because nobody knows him like his former teammates.

And then you realize he only has Geno Schmiff and the Baylor guy on his roster...

I actually think Petty can run Chan's system as he was in a similar offense @ Baylor. Not sure if he's ready to do so yet, but he can't be worse than Geno.

I'm not that guy, Kirby. Believe me .. I want to be wrong about Taylor. I even HOPE I am wrong about Taylor. And no ... I would not trade Taylor for Fitz, because our defense is in shambles and Fitz needs a top D in order to be successful.

I looked at it as him being stubborn and taking an attitude like Ricky Watters and Latrell Sprewell, neither of which played again.

No way he is getting 15 mil. and he does seem to have trouble with the reality of the matter

makes sense. He's made a lot of money and one can reasonably assume he's been careful with his finances. He plays one way - hard. His body has taken a beating. I could see him putting a dollar amount on whether it is worth it.

Agreed

I have to give credit to the jets GM for standing his ground here and knowing Fitz's real value

Penny wise and pound foolish. What are the Jets worth this season with Geno or Hoyer at the top of that roster? That's Fitz's leverage--that and this mic drop he just did.

I guess he does not care about Decker and Brandon's feelings much does he ?

If he has taken all that beating then money should not be the issue. I call bs.

lol

Both sides have risks. I don't see why they don't meet in the middle and just wrap up with $11 mil per year for two years with $12 mil guaranteed.

Simple and move on. Why would the Jets draft another developmental project after Geno, Grayson, and now Lynch, Cook, Cardsle Jones? Makes no sense at all. Just pay him between back up and starter money. The majority of starting QB's make over $16 mil a year.

Both sides lose if they stay in this impasse. Not that I care if any other team makes good decisions in the AFCE.

No kidding. They should have wrapped this up long ago. He's only going to play another two years I bet--so why not keep him and "develop" the next guy? I mean...12 million? That's sub"elite" CB money.

Jets are a riot.