Bengals want to move up?

turftoe

If the Bengals want to move up above several teams in front of them to get a top WR, why not consider getting AJ McCarron as part of the deal? I think he has two years left on his contract and is better that much of what we could get after round 2 in this draft. Trade pick #19 + 3rd round pick to Cincinnati for pick #24 + McCarron + 2nd rounder. McCarron played pretty well in relief of Dalton.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/27/11517862/nfl-trade-rumors-bengals-trying-to-move-up-in-nfl-draft-for-josh

I don't think McCarron will be part of it. Can we get 24 and their 2nd for our 4th (the 1 that can be traded)? I'd do that in a second. They'd be coming up for a WR (in all likelihood). The Jets may very well be looking at QB and then WR to Houston and Vikings. We would have the same guy available at 24 (unless we are going WR).

Edit: I forgot Washington. They are probably looking defense.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Let's trade down! I expect a lot of good talent to be left in the mid 20's. With everyone trading up for QB's there will be a lot of round 1 talent available early in round 2

Edited by kdiggz

Teams should definitely trade for a guy who has played 4 games. That never ever backfires!

How about the trading of a 1st round pick for a guy (Rob Johnson) who had started only one game? That was a good one!

Meh. Career backup ceiling of the ilk of cassell, henne, colt McCoy, Hoyer, etc.

Played pretty well? They were a 10-2 team number 1 seed with Dalton a middller starter. They lost 3/5 with mccarron beating only the niners and Ravens.

Edited by Charles Romes

They've already said months ago they are not moving McCarron.

Played pretty well? They were a 10-2 team number 1 seed with Dalton a middller starter. They lost 3/5 with mccarron beating only the niners and Ravens.

He played very well. His losses were to the Broncos and Steelers, and if Hill doesn't fumble in the 4th quarter, he probably just lead them to their first playoff win in over 20+ years. That's not bad for 5 starts.

I don't think McCarron will be part of it. Can we get 24 and their 2nd for our 4th (the 1 that can be traded)? I'd do that in a second. They'd be coming up for a WR (in all likelihood). The Jets may very well be looking at QB and then WR to Houston and Vikings. We would have the same guy available at 24 (unless we are going WR).

Edit: I forgot Washington. They are probably looking defense.

Washington are probably looking D-line but if I am a receiver needy team I see them as a risk for a wideout too. Both Garcon and Jackson are FAs after this year.

In my mock I had the Bills trading back with the Vikings who wanted to come up for a receiver. Cincy rarely trades up but if they do then I can see the Bills being a possible trade partner.

EDIT: Rapsheet reporting the Jets might be looking receiver at #20 too. This is the trade back I like for the Bills much more than the Denver one. Either MIN or CIN at the back of a queue where the WR rush could happen in the early 20s coming up to get their choice.

Edited by GunnerBill

He played very well. His losses were to the Broncos and Steelers, and if Hill doesn't fumble in the 4th quarter, he probably just lead them to their first playoff win in over 20+ years. That's not bad for 5 starts.

he played well for a backup in his position who was drafted in the 5th rd. The bengals have zero incentive to trade him. He's shown he's capable of leading the team and is on a tiny contract for two more years. No way they want to replace him. In fact there are fans and media down there who have surmised they would rather see him in there than Dalton. I think it's too early to know what he will be, obviously, but it makes no sense for them to trade him.

I'd be content with a trade down to the Bengals slot if they want to jump ahead of a potential run of WR. That would probably net the Bills a 3rd, which is another top 100 pick.

He had a 63 qb rating in their playoff game against the Steelers. Plus, he has the worst tattoo ever.

I think he is a guy who will be a good backup: spot starter but you are in trouble if he has to do anything more that that. Plus, I always worry about the guy's who peak in college. His life can't better than it was while he was at Alabama.

Cincy has traditionally just let the draft come to them. They can get a nice WR opposite Green at 24. They've also been very successful in the mid rounds lately. I'd be surprised if they traded up.

Maybe, Jets and Skins could go WR. Houston and Minnesota almost certainly will and Doctson may go in the teens. They are in a bad spot potentially. Edited by Kirby Jackson