Boom or Bust Players in the Draft

I took a look at some of the top 10 boom or bust players in the draft. Who else do you guys think fit this label? Anybody on here you disagree with? I think a lot will say Darron Lee, but really don't see the coverage ability that many do. Let me know what you think!

http://buildingtheherd.com/scout-team/10-boom-bust-prospects-2016-nfl-draft/

Bosa. People want him to be Watt because he is tall and white. His frame is significantly smaller than Watt's. He won't have the size to match up against NFL LT's. Maybe he can add weight. I don't think he can play OLB. Best chance is to play him where Mario excelled. A 4-3 DE against a slow RT.

Bosa. People want him to be Watt because he is tall and white. His frame is significantly smaller than Watt's. He won't have the size to match up against NFL LT's. Maybe he can add weight. I don't think he can play OLB. Best chance is to play him where Mario excelled. A 4-3 DE against a slow RT.

I agree there. The Watt comp makes zero sense, especially considering Watt had almost the same combine as Bosa weighing 40 lbs more. Bosa is a 4-3 LDE who *might* be able to kick inside in nickel, but I don't see him as a 10 sack guy at all. Solid player, good run defender, good technique, but not explosive, and not much bend/twitch to his game

I think Robert N is really the guy who i would not take a risk upon. widest range of boom to bust in my opinion

Used to struggle with Spence but have changed my bust perspective. Think he will be solid. just solid.

Myles Jack has to be considered over the long term, based purely on the knee situation.

and poor Jaylon. I am wishing for him booming somehow

I'll throw 2 out there. Derrick Henry has all of the production in the world but when I watch I think his feet are slow. If he's the 2nd back off the board he's expected to be a starter somewhere and I don't see it but do see the production.

Ronnie Stanley is another. He feels pretty finesse to me. I wouldn't be shocked if he were no better than mediocre.

I'll throw 2 out there. Derrick Henry has all of the production in the world but when I watch I think his feet are slow. If he's the 2nd back off the board he's expected to be a starter somewhere and I don't see it but do see the production.

Ronnie Stanley is another. He feels pretty finesse to me. I wouldn't be shocked if he were no better than mediocre.

Stanley may be finesse but that's where the league is headed now with spreads and pass first teams. You don't need maulers at OT. It's part of the reason I'm not a fan of Conklin.

And Lynch is in this category (I think he is a bust personally).

Patrick Kerney.

Stanley may be finesse but that's where the league is headed now with spreads and pass first teams. You don't need maulers at OT. It's part of the reason I'm not a fan of Conklin.

And Lynch is in this category (I think he is a bust personally).

Part of my Stanley hesitation comes from a good friend. He's a ND ST holder and lives in New Orleans. He follows them religiously and knows them inside and out. He doesn't think that he's a 1st rounder. This is someone that knows football; his uncle is the Steelers GM. He's usually pretty partial to his guys but his concerns are a red flag for me. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Part of my Stanley hesitation comes from a good friend. He's a ND ST holder and lives in Nee Orleans. He follows them religiously and knows them inside and out. He doesn't think that he's a 1st rounder. This is someone that knows football; his uncle is the Steelers GM. He's usually pretty partial to his guys but his concerns are a red flag for me.

Ah, point taken. I'm no oline expert so I can't really argue either way. Isn't he similar to the guy NO pick last year, Peat?

I do think the new league has devalued oline to a certain extend. The days of pass blocking for like 5-10 seconds are over.

Ah, point taken. I'm no oline expert so I can't really argue either way. Isn't he similar to the guy NO pick last year, Peat?

I do think the new league has devalued oline to a certain extend. The days of pass blocking for like 5-10 seconds are over.

I think that is probably a good comparison (but I admittedly am not an O-Line expert either).

I think that you are right though that the spread has changed things. It probably makes it tougher in short yardage but if you don't have the feet to move with the "Von Miller's" of the word you are in trouble. That's part of the reason that the Bills have been patient with Seantrel. He was a big time college basketball recruit. He has a crazy combination of size and athleticism. If he could ever put it together he could be a force.

why don't you think he can play OLB in a 3-4? He's an outstanding pass rusher. Edited by YoloinOhio

why don't you think he can play OLB in a 3-4? He's an outstanding pass rusher.

He doesn't have the athleticism to play in coverage as a 34 OLB. Think He's strictly a 4-3 LDE that's spectrum is a Derrick Shelby>Robert Ayers>Chris Long at best

He doesn't have the athleticism to play in coverage as a 34 OLB. Think He's strictly a 4-3 LDE that's spectrum is a Derrick Shelby>Robert Ayers>Chris Long at best

Browns said they think he can, and they have analytics...