Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

What was on the phone? If you want me to put my tin foil conspiracy hat on, I'd say there were probably texts involving PEDs. I mean there is nothing fishy about a 39 year old QB still playing at peak level.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the highlighted comment you succinctly and with great clarity state my position. At times you can be astute and perspicacious. :worthy:

There are plenty of good models of disciplinary offices in all the professional sports that could be used to come up with a reasonable approach that would satisfy all sides.

Thank you for the kudos they are rarely given!

My point about negotiations is that the two sides are at such loggerheads that it could be a bloody protracted affair. The only thing the NFL has going for it is the knowledge that the players have always caved. The short lifespan of a pro football player leads them to accept deals that maybe aren't in the best long term interests of the association.

What was on the phone? If you want me to put my tin foil conspiracy hat on, I'd say there were probably texts involving PEDs. I mean there is nothing fishy about a 39 year old QB still playing at peak level.

To be fair to Brady, most of his passes are 3 yards down field. Hes accurate and precise. hes never been a rip it guy

Buffalo Bisons running 3 promotions under "keep Brady suspended" tonight.

-Buy one get one free tickets if you bring in a properly inflated football for donation to youth football programs

-Bring in a cell phone (for free ticket) that hasn't been destroyed for donation to Cell Phones for Soldiers

-If you name is Tom or Brady, sit out the first 4 innings of the game OR give a ridiculous alias and get in for free

LMAO. Checkmate, Buffalo Bisons.

Edited by Luxy312

Could easily make the opposite argument, Rape murder, etc are all offenses the NFL should not even get into policing at all, leave that to the courts to deal with. On the other hand anything that potentially damages the integrity of the game the league should enforce hard.

I don't know if I wrote it poorly or you read too fast-

evidence of deflation? probably.

Evidence of rape murder and treason (hyperbolic for entertainment)? Bit of a stretch.

Saying that deflation (an offense costing him millions in salary potentially) is worth destroying a phone just seemed silly.

Could easily make the opposite argument, Rape murder, etc are all offenses the NFL should not even get into policing at all, leave that to the courts to deal with. On the other hand anything that potentially damages the integrity of the game the league should enforce hard.

i even made a comment about not meaning those offenses as serious examples (sub in bugging locker rooms, sabotaging radio signals, etc.... for more realistic rumored examples of something else they could find i guess)

Thank you for the kudos they are rarely given!

My point about negotiations is that the two sides are at such loggerheads that it could be a bloody protracted affair. The only thing the NFL has going for it is the knowledge that the players have always caved. The short lifespan of a pro football player leads them to accept deals that maybe aren't in the best long term interests of the association.

What are you talking about? OFF THE WALL has a topic dedicated to kissing your jiggly arse. People are lining up and waiting a long time to kneel and pay homage to the stern sheriff who patrols the location where the unruly gather to be unruly. :worthy:

Thanks Augie. I wonder how Pats* apologists would respond to this data?

They respond "we preach ball security and we have the best coaches". Quite funny, because as soon as the player leaves the Pats* they begin fumbling at a normal rate again. I guess their new team must be pro-fumbling, so they forget everything they learned.

The charts are alarming if true. This is before and after the rules changed to allow the teams to handle their game balls.

From MMBQ a awhile back:

"Here's a barplot of each offense's 2015 fumble rate. To match a previous author's chart, I'll use plays per fumble, which means that teams fumbling less often will have higher numbers. (Using the NFL's website, I grabbed the relevant offensive team information—fumbles and number of plays—and subtracted non-offensive team fumbles to ensure that fumbles using the ‘K’ balls weren't counted.)

fumbles-chart-2015-season.jpg

That's the Patriots on the far right, leading the league while fumbling only once every 105 plays."

This implies you took it off...

Do you mean dilute?

No thats what Josh Gordon did on his piss test.

From MMBQ a awhile back:

"Here's a barplot of each offense's 2015 fumble rate. To match a previous author's chart, I'll use plays per fumble, which means that teams fumbling less often will have higher numbers. (Using the NFL's website, I grabbed the relevant offensive team information—fumbles and number of plays—and subtracted non-offensive team fumbles to ensure that fumbles using the ‘K’ balls weren't counted.)

That's the Patriots on the far right, leading the league while fumbling only once every 105 plays."

This implies you took it off...

well done !

Edited by 3rdand12

From MMBQ a awhile back:

It would appear some other teams are catching on and approaching the Pats* still leading fumble rate as of 2015. We, on the other hand, can argue "look how bad we suck! Clearly we don't cheat."

It would appear some other teams are catching on and approaching the Pats* still leading fumble rate as of 2015. We, on the other hand, can argue "look how bad we suck! Clearly we don't cheat."

YAY!

wouldn't it be awful it turns out the Bills have been cheating first rate for 5-10 years.

Yes. Particularly because it would indicate another thing they aren't very good at.

GO BILLS!!!