I hope everyone realizes...

You're basing this on 14 starts from a career backup, in which most of them, he sucked on the way to the Bills "achieving" an 8-8 record during a season in which the Bills had a painfully easy schedule.

You want the Bills to give him a big contract after a year of nearly pure crap.

Again, I praise Allah that you are not the GM.

A different take on this is that he was a first year starter and played well. I think the Bills are wise not to give him a big contract and to reserve the franchise tag for him depending upon performance. TT played well this past season but he was hardly scary to opposing defenses.

What is more pressing for the Bills right now is to lock down Gilmore and Glenn to longer term cap friendly contracts.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're basing this on 14 starts from a career backup, in which most of them, he sucked on the way to the Bills "achieving" an 8-8 record during a season in which the Bills had a painfully easy schedule.

You want the Bills to give him a big contract after a year of nearly pure crap.

Again, I praise Allah that you are not the GM.

Come on dude. I feel like you're better than this.

1. Taylor "sucked" in "most" of his starts? Really? Out of 14 starts, he "sucked" in at least 8 of them?

2. And for the millionth time, the Bills schedule was not "painfully easy." Their strength of schedule and strength of victory were 4th and 5th in the AFC, respectively.

3. No one ever said they want to give him a big contract now. Like literally no one. Everyone in all of Bills land, including, seemingly, Tyrod Taylor, is in agreement that if he takes another step he'll get paid and if he doesn't, he won't. That's it.

4. "Pure crap?" Really??

Why the agenda, man? No reasonable person could read what you write about this guy day after day and determine that you have been the least bit objective in your analysis. As I've stated numerous times, it is so painfully and blatantly obvious that you have it out for him because you're still butt hurt about EJ Manuel. Sorry man. We both know this is the case. Read what you just wrote and tell me with a straight face that you would be talking about Manuel that way if he had the season/numbers that Taylor did in 2015.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Come on dude. I feel like you're better than this.

1. Taylor "sucked" in "most" of his starts? Really? Out of 14 starts, he "sucked" in at least 8 of them?

2. And for the millionth time, the Bills schedule was not "painfully easy." Their strength of schedule and strength of victory were 4th and 5th in the AFC, respectively.

3. No one ever said they want to give him a big contract now. Like literally no one. Everyone in all of Bills land, including, seemingly, Tyrod Taylor, is in agreement that if he takes another step he'll get paid and if he doesn't, he won't. That's it.

4. "Pure crap?" Really??

Why the agenda, man? No reasonable person could read what you write about this guy day after day and determine that you have been the least bit objective in your analysis. As I've stated numerous times, it is so painfully and blatantly obvious that you have it out for him because you're still butt hurt about EJ Manuel. Sorry man. We both know this is the case. Read what you just wrote and tell me with a straight face that you would be talking about Manuel that way if he had the season/numbers that Taylor did in 2015.

Dead wrong homie. Do your homework.

He's a tough comparison. I've always said that Cardale reminded me of Culpepper. He has a similar build to Big Ben but it's not really fair to compare the 2. Logan Thomas is another guy that I think had a similar skill set coming out. He's a guy that regressed in college though. By the time he came to the NFL I think his odds of success were less than Cardale's. He reminds me a little of Mallet for some reason too. He's a big guy with a cannon.

I would say Cardale is no more raw than a guy who started only two seasons at the 1-AA level. i think the Eagles are taking a huge risk.

I think the reason I like Cardale so much for Buffalo...aside from his obvious physical traits...is the fact that he's going to get a full red shirt year baring catastrophe...Give this kid a year with Roman and Lee and let's see what they can do with his tools...I believe Cardale is going to have to be given time and patience...Maybe more than a year...But on the other side of that you may...may...get something real special...I think when you're looking at pure upside...nothing else...Jones has every bit as much as Wentz and Lynch...And you can get him a round or two later... B-)

That of all the QBs discussed in this draft we'll be lucky if one capable starter emerges. That's just the reality. Every year we talk like there are 4-5-6 viable options and most of these guys are selling cars within 2 years.

That said do you really want the Bills to pass on a player who can realistically contribute to pick what is essentially a lottery ticket? I don't.

we should never draft a QB then, who needs em anyway not very important position, lower than kickers really,

we should never draft a QB then, who needs em anyway not very important position, lower than kickers really,

What promo said actually is not wrong...most dont work out

Where I differ with promo is I feel you have to keep trying. Lets keep in mind that Tyrod Taylor was a 5th round pick who had everyone telling him to make a position change.......

You gotta keep trying

I think it really boils down how the FO feels about Tyrod. If they reasonably think he can make a big jump forward then you wait on a QB. If they really feel he has a ceiling and he's almost reached it then you have to draft one early. If Tyrod has a similar year to last year - he'll get 18-22 million. If they draft a QB after the 4th round they have to franchise him. The Bills are in a good spot but evaluating each QB as they've done extensively is a great plan.

I think you make a very valid point...And I can say there are plenty of folks in the know out there that feel Tyrod left way too many plays on the field last year...Now...I truly believe the Bills like Tyrod... And I'm also pretty sure they currently are more than willing to chalk up a lot of Tyrod's problems to first-year-starter stuff...And for the most part he did have a pretty good year...But still...We don't know what is up behind the scenes...We do know it seems that Tyrod's Agent is already asking for the moon...So that's part of it too...

I think without a doubt if the Bills take a QB by the 2nd round you can read those tea leaves pretty easily... B-)

Where I differ with promo is I feel you have to keep trying. Lets keep in mind that Tyrod Taylor was a 5th round pick who had everyone telling him to make a position change.......

You gotta keep trying

Totally. I think it's unreasonable people automatically think a 2-3-4th round will be worse off than Tyrod. Maybe so, probably so, but you'll never find out if you don't take a chance. A small handful of good QBs have been found in these rounds over the recent years. You never know if you're going to grab a Daulton, Wilson, Cousins (drafting him the same year as RG3 was brilliant), or Carr. Not to mention the B word. One thing is for certain in the draft though: if you never select a QB, you'll never get the one you need.

I think you make a very valid point...And I can say there are plenty of folks in the know out there that feel Tyrod left way too many plays on the field last year...Now...I truly believe the Bills like Tyrod... And I'm also pretty sure they currently are more than willing to chalk up a lot of Tyrod's problems to first-year-starter stuff...And for the most part he did have a pretty good year...But still...We don't know what is up behind the scenes...We do know it seems that Tyrod's Agent is already asking for the moon...So that's part of it too...

I think without a doubt if the Bills take a QB by the 2nd round you can read those tea leaves pretty easily... B-)

I agree with that because "best player available" and "value" imo does not match up with a qb in the 1st two rounds

Dead wrong homie. Do your homework.

Dude they don't have the money even if they wanted to sign him long term. Next year they will. Who thinks they should sign him like right now? I feel like maybe a handful of people thought that when the season first ended but as their cap situation became more clear, pretty much everyone understands that it's an impossibility.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Kevin Hogan is solid, but Jake Rudock from Michigan is Hogan 2.0 with a stronger arm. NOONE is giving Rudock any love. But I will say it again and again as a huge Wolverine fan. The guy has game. He is smart, tough and a leader. And has decent mobility. He had one bad game for the Maize and Blue last year (opener against Utah. And even in that game, he kept firing) After that he was as good as any QB in the country. And we did not have great receivers or much of a running game around him. Give him a year or two to learn and develop, and I can see him starting and doing well in the NFL. He is not a big man. But neither is Drew Brees. 6th round for Rudock. And he could be a steal. GO BLUE!! You all don't believe me, go back and watch his hilites from last year. And maybe ask the Florida Gators including Vernon Hargreaves what they think of my boy Jake.

Paup, I'm very upfront that I don't follow college football...what sort of O do the Wolverines run?

You gotta keep trying

It's true that most QBs don't work out. It's about 50-50 at the top of the 1st and maybe 30% after that. And it doesn't differ much for other positions. So I agree with you, you have to keep trying.

Unfortunately, that's not quite what Promo said. What Promo said is of all the QB in a draft, one will become a starter and the rest will be selling cars, so why draft a QB when you could draft a player who will help? That's hyperbole, to say the least, as explained above. It's also a false dichotomy - it's more like, do you want to take a shot at a different position, where the draftee might or might not help, or do you want to take a shot at a QB, who might or might not be good? You does your due dilgence and you rolls the dice.

Then there's the apparent non-random nature of the talent pool from draft to draft. Some years (like the year we drafted EJ) are QB-poor and the team should arguably draft someone else. Other years are apparently rich in QB talent. Well managed teams that have a QB seem to use a draft pick on QB every 2-3 years. We drafted EJ 3 years ago, we're due.

The Bills really are in a good spot except for one thing. They have to decide by now or by the draft if they believe Tyrod is a $20 mil QB. If they don't believe it now they will draft a QB in round 1 or 2. That's the tough part.

I do not believe they'll choose to wait and see with Taylor and with drafting a 3-6th round QB - even though that definitely could end up happening if they chose the probability of Tyrod as being a $20 million QB - and he doesn't prove that. If they don't draft a QB in round 1 or 2 and Tyrod doesn't jump forward - they'll tag him and do what they didn't want to do this year, next year.

If they draft a QB early and Tyrod does jump forward - they simply sign Taylor to a big contract and the young QB will wait. If Tyrod doesn't jump forward and they draft a QB high - then they have the option to turn over the reigns in 2017 or tag Tyrod for one more year for the young QB to get one more year.

Those worst case scenarios really aren't bad - so that's why I say we're in really good shape.

Edited by Triple Threat

The Bills really are in a good spot except for one thing. They have to decide by now or by the draft if they believe Tyrod is a $20 mil QB. If they don't believe it now they will draft a QB in round 1 or 2. That's the tough part.

I do not believe they'll choose to wait and see with Taylor and with drafting a 3-6th round QB - even though that definitely could end up happening if they chose the probability of Tyrod as being a $20 million QB - and he doesn't prove that. If they don't draft a QB in round 1 or 2 and Tyrod doesn't jump forward - they'll tag him and do what they didn't want to do this year, next year.

If they draft a QB early and Tyrod does jump forward - they simply sign Taylor to a big contract and the young QB will wait. If Tyrod doesn't jump forward and they draft a QB high - then they have the option to turn over the reigns in 2017 or tag Tyrod for one more year for the young QB to get one more year.

Those worst case scenarios really aren't bad - so that's why I say we're in really good shape.

Worst case scenario. Tyrod plays Meh, the Bills finish 8-8 to 9-7. Miss the playoffs and end up drafting 19-20 again.

Tyrod wants to be paid $15-20MM which he would not be worth, the Bills would not be in a spot to draft one of the top QB's next year.

That sounds pretty freaking bad to me.