MMQB: inside the film room with Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd

BENOIT: OK, third-and-7, a little later, you could probably call this the second true pass rush situation in the game except on this one youre both zone coverage droppers.

LAWSON: We dropped at least three or four times [each game], so we both are very comfortable at dropping. Im droppingwhat was this call, Kevin? Toledo? I was dropping over the middle. I was a middle gut dropper. I have to play the crossing route that was coming around, so I ran with the crossers. I knew Alabama loved crossing routes and this was what we were going to try to take away from them.

LAWSON: Im in the 6-technique playing the cutoff block. I knew Alabama had No. 16 matched up on us during the game. He was a little soft, I knew he was soft. Like our coach says, You should never let a tight end block you. We feel disrespected if a tight end blocks us. So I just mad-hatted him and knew he was intimidated and wanted no part of the action down on the goal-line

Wait.... don't you guys know you can't ever drop a D lineman back into coverage? It means you stink as a defensive coach and don't know what you're doing. Just ask Mario or half the posters on this board.

Anyway, some mocks have Shaq and Dodd both going before we pick, and others have them both sitting there at 19. I'd love to know who we have ranked higher on the board right now.

Anyway, some mocks have Shaq and Dodd both going before we pick, and others have them both sitting there at 19. I'd love to know who we have ranked higher on the board right now.

Lawson is the better athlete and would fit our scheme as a "OLB" better. Lawson was top defensive player coming out of high school at one point

Wait.... don't you guys know you can't ever drop a D lineman back into coverage? It means you stink as a defensive coach and don't know what you're doing. Just ask Mario or half the posters on this board.

Dropping a D lineman into coverage would be predicated on the lineman's ability to cover. Did you see Dareus in coverage? A coach has to know what a player is capable of, that's the dumb part. Edited by chris heff

Both are good pass rushers, and both are versatile enough to play anywhere from 2-point to 9-tech to 3-tech.

I'd be happy with either at 19, but something tells me that they'll both be gone by then.

could be guys we would be investigating the cost to snag if needed to bump up a little.

What? A defense rusher who drops into coverage is SUCH a waster according to experts on this board..

i absolutely love his attitude and approach. He's the anti-Mario. Combined with his talent, explosiveness, size and production --- I'm going to be so sad if he goes to a different team.

Both are good pass rushers, and both are versatile enough to play anywhere from 2-point to 9-tech to 3-tech.

I'd be happy with either at 19, but something tells me that they'll both be gone by then.

do not listen to that something. shhh.

could be guys we would be investigating the cost to snag if needed to bump up a little.

I am soo adverse to moving up. till you mention these guys. If they are close i want Whaley to be sure to call or answer that damn phone. No naps this year guys!

They appear, from a noob standpoint to be such a good fit for Rex's Bills, or heck anyone's Bills.

I really don't know much about this guy, but the whole shoulder thing has me concerned. If he can get through this year without surgery that would seem to indicate he would be playing with pain which could affect his performance I would think. He is our guy and I hope for the best.

Any comment from someone who knows more about this shoulder thing?

I really don't know much about this guy, but the whole shoulder thing has me concerned. If he can get through this year without surgery that would seem to indicate he would be playing with pain which could affect his performance I would think. He is our guy and I hope for the best.

Any comment from someone who knows more about this shoulder thing?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/04/29/lawson-refutes-schefter-report/

how about right from the player himself?