Prince Has Died Per TMZ - R. I. P.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting article. No way could I be at someone's beck and call like that.

http://www.foodandwine.com/blogs/i-was-princes-private-chef

BTW I was offered the position as Wayne Gretzky's private chef but turned it down.

Agreed. It has to be very tough to be in perpetual limbo with respect to work/demands. Great article though. Pretty interesting peek under the circus tent.

Agreed. It has to be very tough to be in perpetual limbo with respect to work/demands. Great article though. Pretty interesting peek under the circus tent.

I would never last in a job like that.

Prince's Assistant: Prince has Ryan Seacrest coming for dinner. They'll need a three-course meal

Me: Ok when do they want to eat

PA: In an hour

Me: :w00t: <click>

Why'd you turn down the Great One?

Couple things.

1. A long drive away from my house

2. It was for him, Janet their young child at the time, and her mother. The whole mother in law thing really concerned me.

It was funny. I interviewed with his brother. One question was "if you were going out to shop and Wayne asked if you could take the Jag and get it washed would you do that?" Ummmmm......hell yeah!!

Was it his brother, Keith, who was drafted and I think played a little bit with the Sabres?

I don't remember. It was pretty cool though. I got a call from a head hunter saying they had an interview for me with a local sports figure. A BIG sports figure and wouldn't tell me when I asked. It was 1991 or so and the two biggies in LA were Magic and Wayne. I got to the office and the receptionist is black so I'm thinking it's Magic. I walk down a hallway and around the corner is a pedestal with a rollerblade on it with a cut out of Gretzky. BINGO!!

Only job I've ever turned down I regretted. And it really hit home when I saw a bit on Shaq and his personal Chef in his house. They had a very fun relationship and the guy appeared to be part of Shaq's posse.

• 4 weeks later...

At my residency program, before I started there, an anesthesia resident was found dead in the call room with a syringe of fentanyl still in his arm.

Edited by Doc

Chronic pain sucks.

My wife suffered from an extreme case of endometriosis, and before they could figure out what it was, they started with pain mgt. because she was in and out of the hospital every week or so.

She wore a fentanyl patch for weeks, and while it managed to control the pain, she spent most of her time on the couch basically just staring around at stuff.

Beats the !@#$ing alternative in this case doesn't it.

He should have smoked weed. It's a wonder drug and you can't OD on it. [/bob in Mich]

Although one of ths most annoying things in the world is a recreational stoner touting the medical benefits of cannabis as though that's why they want it legalized, he isn't wrong.

Although one of ths most annoying things in the world is a recreational stoner touting the medical benefits of cannabis as though that's why they want it legalized, he isn't wrong.

Oh he's wrong. Just look at his thread title over on PPP.

We're talking someone who gets busted with an oz for three weeks of pain management. That's one dumbass stoner.