Prince Has Died Per TMZ - R. I. P.

The fact you compare Elvis to Prince says a lot regarding what you know about music. Do you realize there's apparently enough unreleased original music in Prince's vault that a new album could be released every year for the next 100 years? Tell me that doesn't deserve attention.

I was never a huge Prince fan, but I recognize the depth and breadth of his contributions. I went with my wife -- who IS a huge Prince fan -- to see Purple Rain last night. It's a goofy movie, but the music was incredible and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a real shame when folks get caught up in how a dead performer is recognized because it doesn't matter. Nobody is forcing you to watch a memorial or buy his albums. You don't like the coverage -- turn the channel or click another link.

He doesn't like the way Prince dressed. That's really what his complaint boils down to. Boyst is jealous that a "girly" man like Prince nailed more hot chicks than he ever could or will so his fame must be undeserved. Like all the kitty he got was undeserved.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a big Prince fan myself, but growing up in the 80's he was definitely part of the soundtrack of our lives. It sucks when it ends like this. RIP

I'm a believer of **** happens people live and people die. I didn't know him so his death is just a blip to me. The thing about musicians is of all the work that people do musicians are the ones that I feel live on the best after they've gone. So much music that was created hundreds of years ago lives on and will continue to do so. The soundtracks or our lives are always there. Music rocks!!

I am not trolling in this thread. I get it and have said again and again he was talented. Can't deny that. But its just overhwhelming the attention he has received. I doubt Jagger, Elton John, Neil Young or anyone from Metallica receive this much attention. Its not a measuring stick of ability, fame or anything else. Its ridiculous to me because its right up there with Elvis.

That's my grief with this situation. Its almost a social fad to morn him.

Metallica? :w00t:

You mean that band with the worst drummer to every bang a drum?

I have never understood opoid addiction. I've taken opoids. But I have to be in serious pain to take them. They make me feel like ****. I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel that way, or how someone could become physiologically addicted to feeling like that.

I think you're taking the wrong ones. 0:)

I'm a believer of **** happens people live and people die. I didn't know him so his death is just a blip to me. The thing about musicians is of all the work that people do musicians are the ones that I feel live on the best after they've gone. So much music that was created hundreds of years ago lives on and will continue to do so. The soundtracks or our lives are always there. Music rocks!!

Hey, he's pretty good for having one arm.

I'm with you. Took them right after my surgery because the doctor made me before I could leave. I took the rest and flushed them as soon as I got home. I don't get it either.

Dude.....PM me next time.

Hey, he's pretty good for having one arm.

Maybe someone should chop off his arm. That might make him passable.

I'm with you. Took them right after my surgery because the doctor made me before I could leave. I took the rest and flushed them as soon as I got home. I don't get it either.

don't ever do that again.

it's horrible for the environment. :huh::o

our community is having a disposal day this weekend. I know it's not good to get some of this medicine into the watershed, but I am guilty of flushing unused pills..

don't ever do that again.

it's horrible for the environment. :huh::o

Just flushing money down the toilet. You have any idea of the street value of those?

It actually scares me how available this stuff is. My wife and I have relationships with our doctors that we can get prescriptions for opoid painkillers pretty much on demand...but we don't take them, of course (she hates 'em as much as I do.) One time we collected all the half-empty pill bottles we had, and we had enough oxy to buy a Lexus.

Lenny Kravitz seems to be saying that he knew this was a problem:

I heard about the plane landing the other week. And I knew what it was. I thought, "Okay, he dodged a bullet. Close call, but it's a one-off and we move on."

I don't understand that people with all the money and time in the world not getting clean. Addiction sucks and not doing anything about is....well deadly.

And if Lenny said "he dodged a bullet. Close call, but it's a one-off and we move on" that's pretty sad. Sometimes friends and loved ones are the only help (or at least the start of the help) addicts have.

You take that back!! :angry: ..... :P

I don't get all the Lars hate, I've heard a lot of people say he's bad. I'm no musician but I never thought "man this guy is just ruining this music" Metallica is one of the greatest bands of all time and he had a huge part in that.

our community is having a disposal day this weekend. I know it's not good to get some of this medicine into the watershed, but I am guilty of flushing unused pills..

Why do people flush them, I just throw em out.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It does seem like he didn't do anything about his addictions, and that makes no sense.

Well, Prince wasnt exactly known to take the advice of others, and most addicts dont realize they have a problem for a while. Especially if the meds were prescribed to help with something else. Tough situation to be in for anyone.

Well, Prince wasnt exactly known to take the advice of others, and most addicts dont realize they have a problem for a while. Especially if the meds were prescribed to help with something else. Tough situation to be in for anyone.

True. I wonder if we'll find out the truth in terms of how long this has been going on. There's the story from some guy calling himself Doctor D (not a real doctor) that he sold him opiates from 1984-2008. Huge quantities.

True. I wonder if we'll find out the truth in terms of how long this has been going on. There's the story from some guy calling himself Doctor D (not a real doctor) that he sold him opiates from 1984-2008. Huge quantities.

Something like $40,000 for a six-month supply of Dilaudid, and fentanyl patches. Dang.

You take that back!! :angry: ..... :P

I don't get all the Lars hate, I've heard a lot of people say he's bad. I'm no musician but I never thought "man this guy is just ruining this music" Metallica is one of the greatest bands of all time and he had a huge part in that.

I've played drums for over 40 years and I'll tell you he's pretty bad. Not a very diverse player and just screws up a lot. Google it and you'll see all sorts of videos of him effing up. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDANRCITZo

Sports anchor fired for his Prince tribute during broadcast...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7350365/sports-anchor-dan-phillips-loses-job-prince-lyrics

Well that's just strange he'd get fired for that.