NBA playoffs

CommonCents

Hawks are looking tough.

But it is pretty funny watching east bball vs west. Warriors, San Antonio looking unstoppable.

Yeah we can't get to the rim against the Hawks this series could be short. The west is far superior to anything in the east, I just hope GS or the Spurs make short work of Lebron in the finals.

As always, I'll be rooting for the LeBrons.

I think the heat are gonna smack the lebrons.

NBA refs should be shot in the head, SVG fined 25k for telling the truth.

Those offensive fouls against lebron that get called on the guy he forearm shivers are total crap.

I think the heat are gonna smack the lebrons.

NBA refs should be shot in the head, SVG fined 25k for telling the truth.

Those offensive fouls against lebron that get called on the guy he forearm shivers are total crap.

Can't disagree with you too much here. Some of it is just good, tough playoff basketball...but yeah he trucks guys occasionally and gets away with it. Not much different than other stars, it just seems worse because he's a giant that drives like a guard. A lot of fouls go uncalled against him too. One of the forearm shivers was a complete dive though.

Heat are playing real tough. Their roster is legit.

I seriously can't believe Isaiah Thomas might get suspended for game 4. This would give the Hawks that series.

Is the league reviewing it? It was a boneheaded play and I didn't like how he acted afterwards. I'm a big Celts fan but I can't stand cheap shots, if you want to go hard-run him over in the paint.

That would screw us if he is suspended, honestly the tough guy act almost cost us last night, that kid was pissed off and dropped 20 or so off the bench.

Is the league reviewing it? It was a boneheaded play and I didn't like how he acted afterwards. I'm a big Celts fan but I can't stand cheap shots, if you want to go hard-run him over in the paint.

That would screw us if he is suspended, honestly the tough guy act almost cost us last night, that kid was pissed off and dropped 20 or so off the bench.

I read several pundits fully expect a suspension, including former exec, Stu Jackson.

Honestly, when I saw the replay, it looked like he just sort of flailed his arm when this Schroeder ran into him.

Even if he deserves a suspension, I hate to see the series decided like that.

What do y'all think about the league criticizing the officiating at the end of the GS/Houston game? What purpose does that serve if they aren't going to provide the same commentary for the entire game? Really seems like something that is undercutting the league's officials.

Any NBA guys? Who are you pulling for in these first round series?

My Celts are screwed with Bradley going down in game one. Tonight is going to be tough sledding.

isaiah though!! Let's go Cs

(Hope he doesn't get suspended for game 4)

Edit: whew!

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25564625/isaiah-thomas-reportedly-wont-be-suspended-for-game-4

Edited by YoloinOhio

The collision was weird. Thomas wasn't looking when his arm flung but at the same time I guess the two of them had been going at it on Twitter earlier in the week - so there was some history. I just heard this second-hand and don't know what happened with the tweets.

I dont buy that's it's being called a "punch" but I don't think he wasn't aware that he was right there either.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just watched the play for the first time. I wouldn't call it a punch, but a weak open hand strike. I'm glad they didn't suspend him for the hit though, because it was only a tad bit more effective than Shady's. He's lying though when he says it was unintentional though. You can see him change the angle of his hand just before he hits him so that he is hitting with his palm which is a much harder part of the hand and in no danger of hurting his fingers.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Just watched the play for the first time. I wouldn't call it a punch, but a weak open hand strike. I'm glad they didn't suspend him for the hit though, because it was only a tad bit more effective than Shady's. He's lying though when he says it was unintentional though. You can see him change the angle of his hand just before he hits him so that he is hitting with his palm which is a much harder part of the hand and in no danger of hurting his fingers.

Love the hard fouls and the intensity/fighting. Playoff basketball is 50x better than regular season

Mavs/Thunder last night got chippy and it was fun. Mavs are toast but it was fun watching Dirk light up Ibaka last night.

Rooting for thunder to get smacked next round now.

What do y'all think about the league criticizing the officiating at the end of the GS/Houston game? What purpose does that serve if they aren't going to provide the same commentary for the entire game? Really seems like something that is undercutting the league's officials.

No thoughts? Not even hmmmm, that's unusual.