Watkins absent for start of voluntary workouts

BarleyNY

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all very disappointing. I was hoping he had a reason for missing beyond "I didn't feel like going." At least he's not injured. I'd like to see some leadership out of the guy though. I've read where other posters have referred to him being a leader, but I've never seen proof of it. Being the only player to miss voluntary workouts certainly points to the opposite. Posting a picture of himself on an all-nighter gambling at Hannah's while his teammates are all at those workouts is beyond stupid - and it is disrespectful to his teammates. If Watkins stays healthy and has a great season then nobody will care about stuff like this. But if he gets injured or doesn't have a great year, you can bet it will come back up.

Nice summary... It's disappointing that he doesn't walk the talk...

He's an exceptional athlete and player. But the NFL is full of them. Right now WRs drafted behind him who have outperformed him are working with their teams...

Nice summary... It's disappointing that he doesn't walk the talk...

He's an exceptional athlete and player. But the NFL is full of them. Right now WRs drafted behind him who have outperformed him are working with their teams...

Exactly. We all know that these voluntary workouts do little, if anything, as far as ultimate on-field production/results. But they do go a long way with team cohesiveness, as well as showing the fan base that they're taking it seriously.

I never have been against the way Watkins was obtained and I will always think it was a good move on Whaley's part.

I think Watkins is a great receiver who will likely put up excellent career numbers.

But the guy is an absolute dick, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Gugny

Exactly. We all know that these voluntary workouts do little, if anything, as far as ultimate on-field production/results. But they do go a long way with team cohesiveness, as well as showing the fan base that they're taking it seriously.

I never have been against the way Watkins was obtained and I will always think it was a good move on Whaley's part.

I think Watkins is a great receiver who will likely put up excellent career numbers.

But the guy is an absolute dick, as far as I'm concerned.

So was Kelly, Bruce, Thurman........this is such a non-story but it's gives us something to talk about......

So was Kelly, Bruce, Thurman........this is such a non-story but it's gives us something to talk about......

I think, at this point in his career, it's silly to compare Sammy Watkins to any Hall of Famers.

The only thing Sammy Watkins has proven is that he CAN be great. Potential and $1 will get you any size coffee at McDonald's.

I think, at this point in his career, it's silly to compare Sammy Watkins to any Hall of Famers.

The only thing Sammy Watkins has proven is that he CAN be great. Potential and $1 will get you any size coffee at McDonald's.

The NFL offseason is now also much easier on today's players so it's not a fair comparison. TC now a days looks like powder puff camp.

Sore thumb move. Everyone else sees this. Every coach and player on the team has heard by now about stackin chips

Childish.

But can't fret over it.

Yup. Dem casuals get more worked up over Rex Ryan introducing Trump at a rally and Watkins not showing up to voluntary workouts than Doug Whaley putting together the worst linebacker core in the NFL going into the draft.

Threads like this are why I generally hate sports fans. Now he's a dick because he didn't show up to a voluntary workout

If you think this is the only reason people think he's a dick, you haven't been paying attention since he became a Bill.

Yup. Dem casuals get more worked up over Rex Ryan introducing Trump at a rally and Watkins not showing up to voluntary workouts than Doug Whaley putting together the worst linebacker core in the NFL going into the draft.

Is a linebacker core like an apple core? Does it have seeds? Or is it more like the core of the earth (which is seedless)?

If you think this is the only reason people think he's a dick, you haven't been paying attention since he became a Bill.

Being a dick is sometimes requisite to being a great receiver. I'll allow it.

Is a linebacker core like an apple core? Does it have seeds? Or is it more like the core of the earth (which is seedless)?

Speaking of dicks... :nana: