Aaron Williams is Back, but with a New Approach to Injuries

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: #Bills S Aaron Williams is back, but says his approach to playing with injuries has changed: https://t.co/neBZKE7OtR

Aaron Williams made it perfectly clear Monday: He's back.

"I'm fully cleared to play," Williams said on the Bills' first day of voluntary spring practices. "Talked to all the coaches. Talked to all the training staff and the doctors. We really went and evaluated everything and made sure I was 100 percent before I got back out there."

So even though Monday's practice can barely be called that – it's more of a group workout put on by the team's strength-and-conditioning staff – Williams still said it felt "amazing" to be on the field.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish DBs were taught to not look for the big hit, but rather for the sure thing. I hate when Gilmore does his diving headbutt/shoulder block, I feel like he misses so many tackles because of that. Wrap the legs and twist, people.

I wish DBs were taught to not look for the big hit, but rather for the sure thing. I hate when Gilmore does his diving headbutt/shoulder block, I feel like he misses so many tackles because of that. Wrap the legs and twist, people.

No kidding! It makes me CRAZY when they throw their body at a WR looking for the kill shot, but they guy with the ball bounces off and runs for another 20 yards. WRAP UP! Arms can be very useful.

But he did tear Ridley's ACL that one time. Trade offs?

But really, that's one of the things I loved seeing with Darby last year. He was a great tackler.

2nd biggest negative impact on the defense last year was the loss of AW and the opportunity to work in tandem with CG, imo. Never had a chance to flatten out the curve as they learned how to adapt various scheme elements to certain opponents and looks. Safety is such a critical aspect to our defense; moreso than ever.

GO BILLS!!!

2nd biggest negative impact on the defense last year was the loss of AW and the opportunity to work in tandem with CG, imo. Never had a chance to flatten out the curve as they learned how to adapt various scheme elements to certain opponents and looks. Safety is such a critical aspect to our defense; moreso than ever.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll bet Robert Blanton has fewer personal foul penalties this year when he's the starting SS.

I got taught at 11 that guys can't run without their legs. The amount of professional football players that can't tackle is mindboggling.

Get Antoine Winfield in as a tackling consultant.