TE upgrades: Becht, Franks or Heath Miller?

freester

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba Franks is a Transition Player with a 1 year qualifying offer of 2.1 Million. The Packers are trying to sign him up long term and can match anyones offer. I can't see TD killing the cap over Franks, so he's a non-factor.

Look at the UFA list and think cheap. If the Bills believe their doctors and think Campbell and Euhus will be ready to go this summer, than someone like Cam Cleeland of the Rams makes more sense, or someone on that level.

The Bills have too many other pressing needs to dump big $$ into a TE. That won't happen.

Bubba Franks is a Transition Player with a 1 year qualifying offer of 2.1 Million. The Packers are trying to sign him up long term and can match anyones offer.

256542[/snapback]

how can they match anyone's offer? they are losing both starting guards and have major holes on defense to fill........all of this with very little cap room.........

i think they'll be hard pressed to match any offer, let alone one over the top.........

how can they match anyone's offer? they are losing both starting guards and have major holes on defense to fill........all of this with very little cap room.........

i think they'll be hard pressed to match any offer, let alone one over the top.........

256545[/snapback]

I don't know D wag. I just read that information at ESPN. Maybe you can dig up their cap information and enlighten us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1996828

Bubba Franks is a Transition Player with a 1 year qualifying offer of 2.1 Million. The Packers are trying to sign him up long term and can match anyones offer. I can't see TD killing the cap over Franks, so he's a non-factor.

256542[/snapback]

The Pack might let him go anyway. For only $700,000 more than they already offered him they could have franchised him.

But for anyone who thinks Franks would be some big upgrade, or think that he is a top-five TE, go ask a Packer's fan. We should all understand that no one knows out players better than we do, and no one knows Bubba Franks than Packer fans. Every Packer fan I know, and every Packer message board I visit, tell me the same thing: Franks is medicore who just happens to be on an offense that would ensure decent stats for just about any tight end.

Pollard is the best option. Becht is a very good run blocker and would be a nice pickup for the right price.