Texans release Brian Hoyer; signs with Bears

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who thinks Hoyer is better than E.J is delusional at best. People look at 0-2 year and a loss to the Jags. Fair.

What I saw was a QB who finally stepping up in the pocket and making plays with his arm and feet. . Verses the Bengals the score was 14-17 at the half. EJ threw a money TD pass to Watkins on the run. The Tight Ends that game saw more passes that game than the did almost at any other point in the season. No Watkins in the 2nd half and the defense lost that game. That was verse a playoff team as well. Verses the Jags. EJ shitted the bed and then came back like a solider like you want your QB to do by putting up 27 pts for the game. Would have been 34pts if not for a Mccoy fumble near the endzone which would have won the game going away

So yes the record was 0-2 but he was not the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

Does he still need some work. Yes but I am more than comfortable with him being the backup this upcoming year!

Yup, typical EJ. You don't know which one will show up, the vs Jags EJ, or the vs Cincy EJ. I hope he plays more the Cincy EJ when, or if, he gets to play this year

Yup, typical EJ. You don't know which one will show up, the vs Jags EJ, or the vs Cincy EJ. I hope he plays more the Cincy EJ when, or if, he gets to play this year

You think EJ played well against Cincinnati? Wow. Aside from the five minute collapse, he played better against Jacksonville to be honest.

Solid back-up but someone would likely offer him more than we can.

The best way to ensure that EJ starts no games for the Bills is to get rid of him, ASAP.

Yes, I remember when Gailey replaced Trent Edwards with Fitz. and then he said the Bills cut Edwards because he didn't want to ever have to go back to him.

Dude look at his numbers last year. You really think EJ Manuel has that season in any universe? I wouldn't want him as my starter but he is a top 30 QB on planet Earth. He will be brought in to compete for a starting job somewhere and probably end up as a starter this season. You heard it here.

Of course you're right.

• 2 weeks later...