"The #1 thing you can look forward to with me is attitude"

Bruce Smith definitely would have show up to voluntary OTAs in April.

Mario isn't worthy enough to carry Bruce's jockstrap. I'll give him 3 games before he realizes hes on a terrible team and then he starts standing up and playing pattycake with the OL

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario isn't worthy enough to carry Bruce's jockstrap. I'll give him 3 games before he realizes hes on a terrible team and then he starts standing up and playing pattycake with the OL

Which is probably 2 and a half more games than it will take the NFL to figure our Rex's 2016 defense.

Bruce is probably the greatest player in Bills history and possibly the best all around DE in NFL history. Of course, Mario isn't on his level.

But he has a 3 year stretch pre Rex that is close as any other Bill has had in matching Bruce. Our defense sucked last year and some how we are talking about using a 1st round pick to fix our strength two years ago. Awesome.

But yeah, Mario is the devil for not going to completely meaningless weight lifting sessions. In Rex we trust.

Bruce is probably the greatest player in Bills history and possibly the best all around DE in NFL history. Of course, Mario isn't on his level.

But he has a 3 year stretch pre Rex that is close as any other Bill has had in matching Bruce. Our defense sucked last year and some how we are talking about using a 1st round pick to fix our strength two years ago. Awesome.

But yeah, Mario is the devil for not going to completely meaningless weight lifting sessions. In Rex we trust.

As with Sammy Watkins, he isn't the devil for not going to completely meaningless weight lifting sessions. Although he may have had more reason to since he is on a new team.

The reason he is the devil is because he quit on his team. Everyone can argue that he was told to stand there and seal up the edge, etc, but the bottom line is that his stats show out of the last 8 games he played with the Bills, he had 4 blank stat lines, and 2 games with 1 tackle each. I guess teams were running plays on the other side of the incredible effort he was putting in. I mean it's undeniable. :rolleyes:

Edited by What a Tuel

I absolutely won't crush him for not going to this workout. The same as I didn't say anything about Sammy not attending.

To the bolded though it happens all the time. Teams strengths change from year to year. Players come and go in FA, injuries change depth, motivation can ebb and flow with some players, coaching changes, etc...

Some examples from just the last 2 years in the NFL...

San Francisco went from 5th in Defense in 2014 to 31st. This was due to coaching changes and retirements

Detroit went from #2 defense to #18. Coaching change and lost Suh

Indy went from #3 to #28 on offense. Luck went down.

Packers went from #6 to #23. They lost Jordy and got a fat Eddie Lacy.

2 years is an eternity in the NFL. The Broncos won the SB this year after going 2 years prior and they 20 players left from a SB squad. They went from being an offensively focused team with a QB having a historic season to a defensive team dragging that same QB who was now a gimp.