"The #1 thing you can look forward to with me is attitude"

not buying it, he didn't know he was gone until the end and if he actually played with "attitude" here he would still be here.

Why do you think he "didn't know he was gone until the end"? Are you taking media soundbites at face value or the like?

I think Mario and his agent can do math, and knew he was likely to be a salary cap casualty unless he played "lights out". I think Mario decided mid-season that he wanted to be gone, so he dimmed the lights.

I don't understand the decision of Rex Ryan to leave Mario on the field when he was so clearly "phoning it in".

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario will pick and choose his match ups and effort levels on Sundays while playing for a care free fan base. I wouldn't doubt him putting up some meaningless sacks against some bad RT's. Until he comes to terms with no longer "earning" an NFL paycheck it will be a return to the status quo... He will follow that with a final year of futility and ride off into the sunset on his xbox remote.

Your comment about meaningless sacks against bad rt's scares me. Who is our rt again?

Love, Mario

#obviously

Mario Williams promises "the best attitude" he's ever had

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/17/mario-williams-promises-the-best-attitude-hes-ever-had/

Just like anything else, effort (or lack thereof) can become a habit. Will Mario perform at 100% effort high level all season in Miami? He's built up a habit around "not" at this point.

Can he change his habit? Sure, provided everything remains to his liking - the scheme, the coaching, his role, the other players, etcetera.

Miami reminds me of the 2012 Bills. On paper, they have one of the best DLs in all of pro football. Football is played on turf or grass, not paper.

On the one hand, Mario will certainly be looking to play his best against the Bills 2x per season. On the other hand, in 2012 Rex successfully (and embarassingly) pwned Mario with a rookie OLman, and as I recall a backup rookie OLman.

Edited by Hopeful

He battled a wrist injury his first year.

And I loved the Rex hire. But if you take off the homer glasses, our defense was a disaster compared to 2014. To go from 54 sacks to 21 is beyond awful.

I would love to be completely wrong on Ryan this year. But at this point, I would absolutely trade Mario for Ryan in a second.

Im with you on this one Cbiscuit. IM not a Ryan Fan. However, how many wins/losses differential in a season with 54 sacks and a season with 21?

I think the answer is 1. In other words....If most sack statistics is your thing you should be pissed. If Wins is your thing, you should still be pissed!

Bills should have never regressed so much with having the same front line out there as the year prior. If they make the playoffs and have a winning season, then I accept. However, sacks to correlate to wins. Patriots had 49 last year and the Broncos were a sack machine.

Oh well. GO BILLS! This is the year to tank and get the first overall pick next year and a RYAN FIRING WOULD BE BONUS! GO GET THAT FRANCHISE QB!

Mario quit on his team mates. Regardless of the reason, that is unacceptable. I hope his crybaby ass crashes and burns in Miami.

Mario is the one who called out this crappy scheme fit for the personnel we had/have. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one to feel that way. When he saw things weren't going to change, he knew he was a gonner. A lot of this is on Rex. I didn't get the feeling players "wanted to play for Rex" and one of his biggest assets was the" players love playing for me" card. I don't get that vibe and this off season either. Mario played his hand right. Save your body and move on from this clown called Sexy Rexy. JMO.

Why do you think he "didn't know he was gone until the end"? Are you taking media soundbites at face value or the like?

I think Mario and his agent can do math, and knew he was likely to be a salary cap casualty unless he played "lights out". I think Mario decided mid-season that he wanted to be gone, so he dimmed the lights.

I don't understand the decision of Rex Ryan to leave Mario on the field when he was so clearly "phoning it in".

Talking tough is meaningless if you can't or won't back it up. Mario's attitude and conduct were despicable. The coach's lack of response was irresponsible.

Sal Cappacio on WGR is one of the least critical and benign media staffers covering the Bills. He stated that Mario decided to mail it in once he knew Rex was going to be the coach and implement his defensive system. Mario's response to the coach and to his teammates was in your face I'm not on board with what you are selling.

There is nothing unusual about coaches periodically having to deal with stubborn and apathetic players. That is an inescapable part of their job i.e. managing personalities. There was only one appropriate response to Mario's malingering: Take him off the field! That wasn't done. That was a coaching failure! How do you think the HC of New England or Pittsburgh would have handled this type of situation? Mike Tomlin's fists would be furiously directed at Mario's smug face on the sidelines after he pulled him from the game.

I think everyone with even the slightest interest in the NFL knew Mario was a high maintenance type player before he even signed here. In my opinion however, a good coach can effectively manage those types of personalities for the better of the team and get the player to play up to his abilities.

The most important part of a coach's job, in any sport, is getting the most out of what he's given. Our loud-mouthed ape of a coach is horrible at this and seems to be resigned to the fact that he can only make the weekly highlights with his carnival-esque press conferences. You can't talk about "Mario stealing money" last year, without saying the same about this awful coach and his incredibly stupid 5 year, ~30m contract.

It honestly makes me sick to think that we were so close to finally having a really good team with the collection of talent we had assembled and this one boneheaded move by the Pegulas, Brandon and Whaley has undone all the work set in place over the last 5-6 years. It's such a shame and Bills fans deserve better.

I don't really disagree with any of this. Just two questions:

1) did anyone question his effort the last 3 year pre Ryan?

2) was he wrong about Rex's defense this year?

1) Off the top of my head? Every time he was asked about a tough outing.

2) Considering that he was a major contributor to Rex's scheme not working, it's a chicken & egg.

Regarding Mario's "new" attitude, let's see how that manifests as the season progresses. I think there is a better than even chance that he and Suh cannot/will not be able to coexist, especially if Miami isn't All World off the get go like last season. Two bigger finger pointing players don't exist.

GO BILLS!!!

If there is anything left in him, we just handed Miami a pissed off Mario. That's awesome. At least we still have the coaching staff that saw us go from 54 sacks to 21 in a season.

Now that bum Mario is gone, Rex will work his magic.

A pissed off Mario just lays down...

A pissed off Mario just lays down...

What Mario does or does not do is almost irrelevant. It only matters at all because he is on a division rival.

The important point is that our HC and his failed scheme cannot make use of a player with this level of talent. That will have more impact moving forward. Who will Rex alienate this year....outside of Brown which is obvious? Whose talent will be rendered useless? Will we end up having to cut a talent like Dareus and take a huge cap hit?

What Mario does or does not do is almost irrelevant. It only matters at all because he is on a division rival.

The important point is that our HC and his failed scheme cannot make use of a player with this who refuses to use his level of talent. That will have more impact moving forward. Who will Rex alienate this year....outside of Brown which is obvious? Whose talent will be rendered useless? Will we end up having to cut a talent like Dareus and take a huge cap hit?

Thought I'd clarify the meaning of that sentence.

As to what players Ryan will negatively impact this year, it remains to be seen if anybody simply refuses to play.

I doubt it will be Dareus because he looked good after the bye week when he played less on the nose.

What if Brown actually responds to the challenge?

GO BILLS!!!

Thought I'd clarify the meaning of that sentence.

As to what players Ryan will negatively impact this year, it remains to be seen if anybody simply refuses to play.

I doubt it will be Dareus because he looked good after the bye week when he played less on the nose.

What if Brown actually responds to the challenge?

GO BILLS!!!

Rex's defense sucked before Mario and it will suck after Mario. If you want to blame Mario for everything 2015 fine. Who will you blame in 2016?

Brown is being set up for failure. He played very well as a rookie but because he can't understand play calls like Don Juan-butterfly-clownshoe-stiletto-gap9-pitching wedge-Theoldmanandtheseapage441paragraph1sentence2word6-pedicure-alkalineasinbatterynotbaseballplayer ​relayed 3 seconds before the snap he was called out by the HC. Good luck responding to that "challenge". Maybe he'll respond to the challenge of curing Ebola using only a paper clip, some super glue and paprika too.

that's the genius of Rex Ryan. That and there are rules prohibiting us from putting in any other player at the position, and most importantly we aren't able to sign anyone during the season to replace a started who underperforms

Rex's defense sucked before Mario and it will suck after Mario. If you want to blame Mario for everything 2015 fine. Who will you blame in 2016?

Brown is being set up for failure. He played very well as a rookie but because he can't understand play calls like Don Juan-butterfly-clownshoe-stiletto-gap9-pitching wedge-Theoldmanandtheseapage441paragraph1sentence2word6-pedicure-alkalineasinbatterynotbaseballplayer ​relayed 3 seconds before the snap he was called out by the HC. Good luck responding to that "challenge". Maybe he'll respond to the challenge of curing Ebola using only a paper clip, some super glue and paprika too.

You haven't been keeping up. I blame Rex and Rex only for the regression of the defense. Perhaps he is simply inept.

I blame Mario for deliberately quitting on his teammates.

Rex sucked because he can't help it.

Mario sucked on purpose.

And I won't look to "blame" anyone if we fail next year. It's a bit more complicated than that. But I understand the need to keep it simple.

GO BILLS!!!

He battled a wrist injury his first year.

And I loved the Rex hire. But if you take off the homer glasses, our defense was a disaster compared to 2014. To go from 54 sacks to 21 is beyond awful.

I would love to be completely wrong on Ryan this year. But at this point, I would absolutely trade Mario for Ryan in a second.

You are just on fire!!!!!!

Did someone who likes aggressive defenses steal your password? :) :) :)

some times you're still funny. This was one of those.