I think Bills are planning a move up in the draft

They aren't going to let him walk if they want him.

What if they don't want him? What if he has a very mediocre year or regresses and it becomes obvious that he is not the QB of the future? Then we are left with nothing

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could like him but not love him.

Tyrod will likely sign for more than Brock Osweiller. Do you love him that much?

I am still 50/50 on how good he really is. He's exciting and seems to have upside, and I'm encouraged. But an Osweiller type deal (what a world we live in where that is even a phrase) is nuts at this point.

What if they don't want him? What if he has a very mediocre year or regresses and it becomes obvious that he is not the QB of the future? Then we are left with nothing

Are you implying that if we don't trade Tyrod then there are no other QBs in existence? Why can't we roll with the guy who went 8-6 last year and draft someone to sit and groom behind him for at least a year?

They could like him but not love him.

Tyrod will likely sign for more than Brock Osweiller. Do you love him that much?

I am still 50/50 on how good he really is. He's exciting and seems to have upside, and I'm encouraged. But an Osweiller type deal (what a world we live in where that is even a phrase) is nuts at this point.

the good news is that they don't need to decide that now.

Nothing but whoever they draft this year and/or next year, which is going to be the case regardless of whether or not they trade him now.

True, but I don't like hoe aggressive his agent is being about getting a raise now.

Don't they get that the team literally does not have the cap space to do anything this season?

They do; his agent is just grandstanding.

Nothing but whoever they draft this year and/or next year, which is going to be the case regardless of whether or not they trade him now.

They do; his agent is just grandstanding.

Plus, it's his agent who negotiated Tyrod's current deal, not Tyrod. The agent has no one to blame but himself.

True, but I don't like hoe aggressive his agent is being about getting a raise now.

Don't they get that the team literally does not have the cap space to do anything this season?

This is the agent's job. He may be doing it poorly (or well depending on your point of view) but it's not representative of Taylor's nor the Bill's level of commitment to each other. It's just noise, easy to filter out if you take a moment to look at the situation.

Is a bit peculiar that this Bills/Browns/Broncos trade rumor originated on the same day that the Rams/Titans deal was finalized. No doubt that Titans pulled the trigger this early knowing that teams could've essentially iced them out of trade discussions by going directly to Cleveland assuming Titans wouldn't take a QB at #1.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

Is a bit peculiar that this Bills/Browns/Broncos trade rumor originated on the same day that the Rams/Titans deal was finalized. No doubt that Titans pulled the trigger this early knowing that teams could've essentially iced them out of trade discussions by going directly to Cleveland assuming Titans wouldn't take a QB at #1.

it is a bit interesting.

That hack website rumor has zero impact.

what if he has a really good year? Then we have a QB.

Do we? He might rather go to Denver or San Fran at that time. Even if he has a good year we very well could end up with nothing. It's a very slim chance that he's actually good, he wants to stay here, and we have the cap room to sign him. All of those things have to happen or you can take a highly sought after player like Goff now with a much higher ceiling and much lower price tag

It's only talk until Tyrod holds out. Hopefully the Bills can acquire some other QB to hedge against that. But even if they don't, I have a tough time thinking Taylor has any leverage or that a hold out is a real possibility. A hold out would really poison things in Buffalo and make it tough for him to prove himself. He's got questions that he needs to answer and he's got to be at practice and on the field for that. His best bet is to worry about nothing other than being the best QB he can be in 2016. If he steps up, then the money and everything else will work itself out. If not, then he'll still have another shot to compete on another team next season. There's worse jobs than backup QB in the NFL and that gig pays pretty well too.

"I just don't know why everyone thinks Whaley is good. Take away the times he's been good, and he hasn't been good."

inarguable, really.

Plus, it's his agent who negotiated Tyrod's current deal, not Tyrod. The agent has no one to blame but himself.

That's why he is drinking too much

Do we? He might rather go to Denver or San Fran at that time. Even if he has a good year we very well could end up with nothing. It's a very slim chance that he's actually good, he wants to stay here, and we have the cap room to sign him. All of those things have to happen or you can take a highly sought after player like Goff now with a much higher ceiling and much lower price tag

Love that spirit. What of those 3 things listed do you feel strongly will not be true?

Well, they'd have the 1st to use elsewhere. They either have Tyrod, a 1, a 2 and next year's 3 or Wentz / Goff. They would definitely be using it on one of those 2.

It would have to be one of those 2.what if we could get lynch at 19?

If he is "chomping to get to Denver," then why didn't he go to Denver last year when Denver wanted him?

It would make sense. No Osweiller to beat. No Manning he would be the starter with the OC who would probably try to gameplan around him. Last year that wasnt the case. Im guessing more money too?

No idea. Confirmation bias?

Its because arguememts cant be made after the 3 unquestioned years

It would have to be one of those 2.what if we could get lynch at 19?

It would make sense. No Osweiller to beat. No Manning he would be the starter with the OC who would probably try to gameplan around him. Last year that wasnt the case. Im guessing more money too?

If they still had Tyrod I would think DL. They'd have something like this: Tyrod, Rankins, Michael Thomas and next year's 3rd (borderline starter as a rookie) or Goff/Wentz. Edited by Kirby Jackson

HE CANNOT LEAVE

We can franchise him