I think Bills are planning a move up in the draft

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are folks down on this rumor? I agree it's likely bunk but still, I'd take Goff over Tyrod in a heartbeat. Goff is a fantastic prospect and the Bills like him. They'd get him under a rookie contract for what, five years? I'd love this.

Difficult to fathom, lots of picks, lots of holes to fill before we're fully pregnant, lots to put on the shoulders of Goff and/or EJ, more "lost" seasons on a hope & a prayer...but, if it were to happen we'll be here bickering about it from day one forward...

Why are folks down on this rumor? I agree it's likely bunk but still, I'd take Goff over Tyrod in a heartbeat. Goff is a fantastic prospect and the Bills like him. They'd get him under a rookie contract for what, five years? I'd love this.

I am with you, except I prefer Wentz. I think he is the real deal.

Bills need to find a couple of starters in this draft. It would be hard to trade up in a significant manner considering there are multiple needs that need to be filled. I also don't see a great talent worth trading up for that could possibly fall to a point where a trade up would be sensible.

Goff is a far better prospect. Much safer. He's gonna be elite.

You certainly may be right.. Admittedly, I am no expert. Wentz certainly did not face the same level of competition which is a big question mark, but I like his mobility and competitiveness. Just a feeling, but I think he is Jim Kelly 2.0, with a bit of Big Ben mixed in. Goff strikes me as a bit soft. Totally my impressions, and not a fully reasoned scouting report. I would probably love to get my hands on either of them if I were the Bills management, as both have higher upside than Taylor. Edited by MDFan

We are all assuming this article is complete bunk. Watch out!! Whaley will entertain trades if they make sense. If this deal is offered and Whaley decides to not pull the trigger, we'll revisit this thread in three years when Goff or Wentz hoist the Lombardi over their head. Maybe it's a good deal afterall. Gitter done.

According to reports, the Bills scouted Wentz more than any other team. If Wentz were there at #2 and if the Bills are not sold on Tyrod, then moving up to get the #1 rated QB on your board would make sense. If the Titans trade out of #1 and say Wentz goes to Philly or San Fran, then I wouldn't make this trade. Goff's smaller hands worry me in Buffalo weather. The past Buffalo-California QB (Losman, Edwards, Johnson etc..) connections also worry me.

To each his own, but honestly, the statement about "Whaley's been horrid at 3rd and later picks"....might be a bit off, IMO. John Miller and Karlos Williams (3rd and 5th rounds) last year, Preston Brown - 3rd rounder, Sentreal Henderson 7th rounder....and I'm not sure where the "six seasons" is coming into play either, since he's only been the GM for the 2014 and 2015 Draft thus far....

Thank you

WHY ARE PEOPLE SAYING DW WAS IN CHARGE OF 6 DRAFTS!!!!

It is his skit. Apparently 70 year old career scout Buddy Nix was brought in for his administrative expertise and because the team announced Whaley would be Assistant GM with specific responsibility for pro personnel it meant he was really the GM and Buddy was shuffling papers.

If this were the case lets do it. But whats to guarantee Goff doesnt go number 1

Because they don't like him and/or want to make excuses for our failed head coach.

Evidently. Im like was he even here for spiller? I dont even remember his name before Dareus... maybe even Gilmore. BUT I REMEMBER EJ was supposedly Nix giving us the qb before he rode into the sunset. So I KNOW it wasnt 6. No matter how people slice it