Raiders looking to move to Las Vegas?

Digs, c'mon bud, there is organized crime, gangs or unsavory persons in every major city in the US. I live in Tampa, and there is still organized crime here.

I don't buy the Vegas mob influence. This is a days gone by of Bugsy Malone and so on. Vegas is corporate Merica now and the gambling is the most heavily regulated so as not to get shut down. Any bet over 3k they track on sports per some interviews this morning.

Exactly, maybe 30 years ago this would of been an issue but I don't see it being a big issue in todays age. To much information & tracking out there + the players are much more compensated now. It is easier now to place a bet from anywhere in the country, you don't need to be in Vegas to be gamble. I am living proof of that.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as much no. Movie stars, rappers, athletes, and other celebs in NYC. In Vegas, the entire economy revolves around gambling. Anyone who is anyone is linked to it. Can't hide from it there

Not really. Mostly around night clubs, EDM, DJs, etc. The clubs have overtaken gambling as the #1 revenue generator in Las Vegas.

Vegas is NFL's New LA
La Canfora: The NFL needs a new boogeyman to scare up public stadium funds and owners seem to be all in on Sin City as a bargaining chip -- and a viable market.

But let's face it -- it's not like the Raiders are going to move to London or something like that, and there are only so many other viable locales that could be realistically investigated to house an NFL team. So if, in the end, the league ends up establishing Vegas as the guy in the closet ready to pounce out if the Jaguars or Bills are unable to solve their stadium riddles in the future, that's a win for the league, too.

:blink:

Vegas is NFL's New LA

But let's face it -- it's not like the Raiders are going to move to London or something like that, and there are only so many other viable locales that could be realistically investigated to house an NFL team. So if, in the end, the league ends up establishing Vegas as the guy in the closet ready to pounce out if the Jaguars or Bills are unable to solve their stadium riddles in the future, that's a win for the league, too.

:blink:

"It's not like the Raiders are moving to London." Tell that to all of the loyal Raiders fans in the Bay Area, who've been screwed over by the Davis family before.

As far as "stadium riddles" go, the Bills don't belong in that discussion. The media is so desperate for a story.

"It's not like the Raiders are moving to London." Tell that to all of the loyal Raiders fans in the Bay Area, who've been screwed over by the Davis family before.

As far as "stadium riddles" go, the Bills don't belong in that discussion. The media is so desperate for a story.

That's why he's Jason LaConjecture. A name that is well earned.

The latest rumors have the Raiders ticketed for a move to Las Vegas

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-york-likely-supports-new-raiders-stadium-anywhere?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Raiders GM has right attitude:

The 49ers built Levi’s Stadium to accommodate two teams, but the Raiders have shown no interest in being tenants in Santa Clara. Davis said the 49ers’ home stadium is not what he envisions for his organization.
“I just don’t think it fits the Raiders,” Davis said in February. “I’ve said it all along, that there are three words that mean something to me regarding a stadium location. That’s ingress, egress and parking. On game day, our parking lot probably holds the largest non-denominational gathering on Sunday morning that you’ll find. I’m not going to give that up. That’s part of the Raiders in-game experience.
“I don’t believe they have that in Santa Clara. There are other things that create the 49ers game-day experience, but the Raiders have an experience of their own.”

I respectively disagree with "plus all the visitors that flock to Vegas." I don't think people would want to give up a whole day of their Las Vegas trip for an NFL game. Even less so if you can see one at home. Tickets will probably be exorbitant. Like most NFL tickets, you will have buy them months in advance. Much easier to get tickets to a show. Based on your quote, why would all these "visitors" even root for the Raiders when they probably already have a fav team? I don't think Las Vegas and the NFL go together. They wouldn't really even have a true "home" crowd.

I also disagree with your prediction that attendance will be low in LA. Outrageous, my friend! It'll be a hot ticket. I bet every home game will be sold out. And it doesn't matter if it costs $2B. It will get built. I'm familiar with the Hollywood Park area where the stadium will be built and it is at the intersection of two major freeways and is easy to get to.

Then why has LA not had a team for years? I went to a game at the Collesium in 1984 when Eric Dickerson was at his peake; poor attendance and the crowd sucked.

The 49ers built Levi’s Stadium to accommodate two teams, but the Raiders have shown no interest in being tenants in Santa Clara. Davis said the 49ers’ home stadium is not what he envisions for his organization.
“I just don’t think it fits the Raiders,” Davis said in February. “I’ve said it all along, that there are three words that mean something to me regarding a stadium location. That’s ingress, egress and parking. On game day, our parking lot probably holds the largest non-denominational gathering on Sunday morning that you’ll find. I’m not going to give that up. That’s part of the Raiders in-game experience.
“I don’t believe they have that in Santa Clara. There are other things that create the 49ers game-day experience, but the Raiders have an experience of their own.”

What a crock! Davis knows absolutely nothing about the Bay Area, to make that absurd statement.

So he thinks he'll get that same type of gathering in Las Vegas?

What a jerk. He's worse than his father.

What a crock! Davis knows absolutely nothing about the Bay Area, to make that absurd statement.

So he thinks he'll get that same type of gathering in Las Vegas?

What a jerk. He's worse than his father.

Actually I think he is talking about San Jose and I have heard complaints from 49ers fans on ability to tailgate.

Actually I think he is talking about San Jose and I have heard complaints from 49ers fans on ability to tailgate.

Yes, I am sure this is what keeps Davis up at nights.

Granted the tailgating at Levi's Stadium is not what it was at Candlestick Park, but that's because of the new NFL rules.

The NFL is hurting tailgating.

Yes, I am sure this is what keeps Davis up at nights.

Granted the tailgating at Levi's Stadium is not what it was at Candlestick Park, but that's because of the new NFL rules.

The NFL is hurting tailgating.

Absolutely the NFL is hurting tailgating for they would rather it be done inside stadium where they could get a percentage of money.

Raiders ain't going to no wine and cheese party

Ha ha.

The fact is, there are just as many Raiders fans in San Jose than there are in Oakland. Not to mention Levi's Stadium is in a much better area than the Oakland Coliseum.

The "in-game" experience that Davis is talking about, would not be much different there.