Lady has meltdown at LaGuardia airport

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having read the whole story and only watching the videos, people need to chill the F%&K out and realize that the workers on the ground are not the ones canceling flights. Crap happens, you should have bought insurance or better yet; not booked your flight in a manner that leaves you no time for cancellations to catch your cruise.

Hard for people to grasp this concept. Now that boating season @ work has been ramping up the past month, I tell people to plan 1.5 to 2 hours each way... In case you get stuck in traffic @ the lock. They have a hard time grasping this because they can usually make it through in 20 minutes or less w/out delay. Just miss the lock one way and it can be a 40 minute turnback. Get stuck behind a petro-chem tow and another hour one way. By law I am required to make a special lockage after 3 (three) misses in one direction. You do the math, one can get stuck for 1/2 a day... And down river, it can be days! Unfortunately, commercial intersts have priority... They are taxed more and kick into the trust fund...

In an instantaneous 24/7/365 world, some simply can't factor in that window of time on what's supposed to be a leisure day of boating. 19th century transportation mode in a 21st century world. AND the best part everything is free of charge for the recreation interests... Outside whatever 10ths of a penny each of us kicks into the General Fund. Industry is driving the lion's share of this mode of transportation.

Now... The average air traveler does have my sympathy... PAYING passengers come first, even here, the jump the queue and get priority. They are the one's being asked to foot the bill in so many ways. Yet, the airlines do have to make $$ & there are so many critical safety issues in play with air travel. I would rather be late, out $$$ than dead! A lot simply have effed up risk management!

Hard for people to grasp this concept. Now that boating season @ work has been ramping up the past month, I tell people to plan 1.5 to 2 hours each way... In case you get stuck in traffic @ the lock. They have a hard time grasping this because they can usually make it through in 20 minutes or less w/out delay. Just miss the lock one way and it can be a 40 minute turnback. Get stuck behind a petro-chem tow and another hour one way. By law I am required to make a special lockage after 3 (three) misses in one direction. You do the math, one can get stuck for 1/2 a day... And down river, it can be days! Unfortunately, commercial intersts have priority... They are taxed more and kick into the trust fund...

In an instantaneous 24/7/365 world, some simply can't factor in that window of time on what's supposed to be a leisure day of boating. 19th century transportation mode in a 21st century world.

"But...It's all about ME!"

I have flown to FLA for three cruises. Two times the day before departure. One time the day of the departure.(most recent one)

Fortunately connections were smooth and getting on the ship was a breeze.

We are planning a fall cruise and I think that we will go with the day before flight.

My co-workers were amused at the label of 'a profane rant '.

On the other hand, I had to attend a critical meeting on Monday with someone 500 miles away and was able to get there, have the meeting and get back to my family and vacation in the span of less than 8 hours for a cost of about $400.

So you know, maybe Louis CK had a point.