Lady has meltdown at LaGuardia airport

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having read the whole story and only watching the videos, people need to chill the F%&K out and realize that the workers on the ground are not the ones canceling flights. Crap happens, you should have bought insurance or better yet; not booked your flight in a manner that leaves you no time for cancellations to catch your cruise.

Edited by mrags

Not having read the whole story and only watching the videos, people need to chill the F%&K out and realize that the workers on the ground are not the ones canceling flights. Crap happens, you should have bought insurance or better yet; not booked your flight in a manner that leaves you no time for cancellations to catch your cruise.

First, people pretty much suck, so the following isn't an excuse, but from the article and others it seems that everyone had a bigger problem with the communication of those people on the ground. They were strung along for hours without a whole lot of accurate updates.

Air travel is stressful. Everything is booked to the max and scheduled so tightly that every little thing starts a domino effect that screws things up all over the country. It's especially frustrating for people who don't travel often and have a naïve outlook on the process. I used to fly constantly for work, but now-a-days I do it as little as possible (maybe once or twice a year tops). I hate everything about the whole experience.

First, people pretty much suck, so the following isn't an excuse, but from the article and others it seems that everyone had a bigger problem with the communication of those people on the ground. They were strung along for hours without a whole lot of accurate updates.

Air travel is stressful. Everything is booked to the max and scheduled so tightly that every little thing starts a domino effect that screws things up all over the country. It's especially frustrating for people who don't travel often and have a naïve outlook on the process. I used to fly constantly for work, but now-a-days I do it as little as possible (maybe once or twice a year tops). I hate everything about the whole experience.

their issue may have been with the communication from the ground crew but that also may go along with the information they were given as well.

Traveling is stressful but only at fault of everyone traveling.

For example, my wedding was in Jamaica. We scheduled our flight days before we needed to be there. However we scheduled plans for the very next day (make note of NEXT DAY). Now we had issues because there was a delay in Buffalo and because of that we missed our connecting flight in JFK. Once we got to JFK they told us we would have to stay the night and catch another flight out in the morning. It's pretty ridiculous to think that there was only 1 flight going to Jamaica all day. In the end the people at JFK didn't think we should head to Miami and then catch a flight from Miami to Jamaica. They didn't know about that connecting flight either. Our travel agent had to find that info for us, then all the sudden JFK was like... Yeah, you should do that.

In the end it was a very terrifying ordeal for my wife but we got there that night. Sure it was about 9 hours late but we got there and in the end we were able to make our reservations for the next day.

In hindsight, we should have planned better and I can't be mad about a delay that was out of our control. Yes, people are forced to comply with their schedules but when planning travel and vacations they really should Plan for unexpected delays and cancellations. Anything and everything can happen.

Edited by mrags

Yes, I understand that they bought tickets for a flight, a cruise etc. but the airline has to look out for their safety. I have to assume at the time of the initial delay the ground employees fully expected the flight to come in, but as winds failed to subside, the flight was diverted to wherever. They can only give out information as they get it, that decision is made by the pilot, airline and FAA as to whether it is safe to come into LGA.

The woman finishes her tirade by explaining her tirade to her kids as "I am getting what we want". She sounds like a self centered, entitled princess (Veruka Salk from Willie Wonka comes to mind) Does she really want to put her kids on a flight in high winds, a stressed pilot and crew, just because she wants to float around on a boat with some costumed characters? I understand sticking up for your rights, but she puts her rights ahead of others safety in her perfect world.

Yes, I understand that they bought tickets for a flight, a cruise etc. but the airline has to look out for their safety. I have to assume at the time of the initial delay the ground employees fully expected the flight to come in, but as winds failed to subside, the flight was diverted to wherever. They can only give out information as they get it, that decision is made by the pilot, airline and FAA as to whether it is safe to come into LGA.

The woman finishes her tirade by explaining her tirade to her kids as "I am getting what we want". She sounds like a self centered, entitled princess (Veruka Salk from Willie Wonka comes to mind) Does she really want to put her kids on a flight in high winds, a stressed pilot and crew, just because she wants to float around on a boat with some costumed characters? I understand sticking up for your rights, but she puts her rights ahead of others safety in her perfect world.

Yup that line struck me too. Great teaching moment there mom. No wonder we're raising generations of "demanders".

Yup that line struck me too. Great teaching moment there mom. No wonder we're raising generations of "demanders".

the age of demands and entitlements is already in full swing. It's gonna take quite a bit of chaos before it changes.

Nothing wrong with a little Kaos.

11cc244068121416b814df0fed34867e.jpg

i don't want to turn this thread all political or anything but boy oh boy, if the wrong person becomes president we are gonna have a lot of entitled little brats running around.

On our return from Italy last year, our connecting flight in Heathrow was cancelled. We were in a long line handled by two agents, and this one woman was laying into an agent not unlike what you see in the video.

When the lady moved on, the next person started in on her, and while the agent was silent and patient, I kept telling my wife "Man, I hope we don't get her because she looks like she's going to pull a knife on the next customer."

Sure enough, we get this woman, and the first thing I said to her was "I' m really sorry for all the grief you're taking. You're not responsible for the flight cancellation. Just let us know where we're going to spend the night and we'll worry about getting home tomorrow."

I thought she was going to cry. She spent the next ten minutes on two different phones until she got all three of us on a different airline's flight to LAX that afternoon. Upgraded. No charge.

There's a lesson there, I reckon.

Edited by LABillzFan

On our return from Italy last year, our connecting flight in Heathrow was cancelled. We were in a long line handled by two agents, and this one woman was laying into an agent not unlike what you see in the video.

When the lady moved on, the next person started in on her, and while the agent was silent and patient, I kept telling my wife "Man, I hope we don't get her because she looks like she's going to pull a knife on the next customer."

Sure enough, we get this woman, and the first thing I said to her was "I' m really sorry for all the grief you're taking. You're not responsible for the flight cancellation. Just let us know where we're going to spend the night and we'll worry about getting home tomorrow."

I thought she was going to cry. She spent the next ten minutes on two different phones until she got all three of us on a different airline's flight to LAX that afternoon. Upgraded. No charge.

That - in spades.

You're a good man LA and you would have been happier than the !@#$s even without the free upgrade.

There was a time in my life (in my 20's and 30's) where I was the class A !@#$ about stuff like this..One day I saw someone being an ass and I realized how I looked to others, how I sounded. Self important !@#$ suddenly didn't work for me any more. I have been inconvenienced dozens of times during travel since then--its not worth treating gate agents, flight attendants, others there to serve us as sub-humans. Be the good fellow human. Shame on me for having to see myself in the mirror before I learned how to treat folks who are there to help.

There was a time in my life (in my 20's and 30's) where I was the class A !@#$ about stuff like this..

Same here. Then, one day, the concept of "There's no sense getting pissed off about things over which you have no control" finally made sense. It was a difficult transition, to be sure, but it didn't take long for it to become second nature, at which point it became a lot like the moment when, after having quit smoking for a while, it suddenly dawned on me that I must've really smelled like schit for the past 30 years.

I can't wait until I'm retired and traveling. "Delayed? Whatever. I've got time."

We are over booked. Anybody want to give up your seat we will give you.....

I've gotten $1100 travel voucher from Delta one time, just had to wait seven hours for the next flight. It was worth it though because I knew I could use that voucher towards my tickets to London last year for the Bills/Jags game.

Delta usually starts at $200 and goes up in $100 increments. You've just got to be willing and able to change your plans, and hold out for anything over $700. Anything less is not worth it.