QB most likely to come out of retirement?

Saxum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Unitas can't get himself into shape in time, i gotta go with Earl Morrall as next up.

i would be delighted to see Johnny resurrect his career though. High tops and all

Kudos to you, sir

it was nice volley indeed.

If Unitas can't get himself into shape in time, i gotta go with Earl Morrall as next up.

i would be delighted to see Johnny resurrect his career though. High tops and all

it was nice volley indeed.

Yeh, Unitas, that would be the ultimate comeback! He's been dead for several years.

QBs retire, heal up and miss the NFL. Then they are lured out of retirement by teams who will let them skip training camp telling them they can get in shape by themselves and if they pass physical exam their contract is guaranteed. With amount of money being thrown around being for QBs which QB will pull the trigger and unretire to be "veteran presence" on team ready to take over if young starter fails? Michael Hassleback was QB of 2015 and Kyle Orton of 2016.. Jake 'the Snake' Plummer thought about it and i am thinking there were not enough dollars offered for him to complete the thought.

Who is Michael Hasselback?

I don't think there was interest in Plummer vs the lack of money.

I think Kurt Warner could just wont

Agreed and agreed

While never a star, DeBerg is proof that QBs need time and game experience to develop.

His first year under center, he completed a paltry 45% of his passes with a QB rating of 40.

A couple years later when he played for the Chiefs (1988-91), a more mature DeBerg completed 58% with a rating of 81.8.

Small hands?

Peyton Manning.

Imagine a team on the cusp of the play-offs who lose their starter week 14 or 15 for the year and have nothing of note in the back up position. "Hey Peyton could still be that game manager for us..."

Agreed. One injury on a good playoff team away.

What ? no way.

Then Earl Morrall can step in as his back up. just like the olde days.

Ha, you got it! And they both still have their crew-cut hairstyle, too.

Three pages and nobody offered up Vince Evans?

Oh wait the thread is about QB's coming out of retirement, he still plays for the Raiders.

That's not Evans, that's George Blanda. They've done a DNA test to prove it.

Ha, you got it! And they both still have their crew-cut hairstyle, too.

That's not Evans, that's George Blanda. They've done a DNA test to prove it.

Of course I did!

Ole number 88 was my favorite player back in the day. I was just a kid but I still recall Mackey too.