NFL.com: Darby to have breakout season #1 corner on team

Gilmore's first 3 seasons were marred by inconsistency and he hasn't played 16 games in any of the past 3 years so gotta' give your take a thumbs down for inaccuracy.

He had been consistently very good since mid-2014 though, but then he missed 4 games in 2015 with an injury sustained because of bad/lazy tackling form.

Time will tell, but I think the motor/competitiveness issues that have kept Gilmore from earning elite status in the eyes of peers aren't issues for Darby.

Darby's only real problem is a lack of size.

This was fair point going into the season.

But never saw him lose a matchup for that reason.

And Bills never moved him off player if i recall?

Gilmore has a seemingly relaxed way of playing,and i think people take that the wrong way. he does a fine job of redirecting. He rarely makes mistakes.

Darby has so much make speed he has gotten turned around and then caught guys on vertical routes. amazing really.

Gilmore keeps it all in front of him

I agree with you...Darby was awesome most of 2015...he faded a little the last couple of games, but the entire defense was decimated with injury. Not a knock on Gilmore, and he may be the more prototypical "cover corner", but Darby really, really impressed me as much as any Bills rookie has in some time, at a very tough position to play in the NFL.

Gilmore is pretty up and down...

I do not see this. I think he is very steady. Just not glamorous. down right boring honestly

no way Whaley blows the cap to pay Gilmore if Darby is better than last year... CBs in Rex's system are made by the system, which forces the ball out in under 3 seconds... corners can overplay the receiver as they only have responsibility for 3 seconds or so.... "anyone" can do that :)

ay yi yi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was fair point going into the season.

But never saw him lose a matchup for that reason.

And Bills never moved him off player if i recall?

Gilmore has a seemingly relaxed way of playing,and i think people take that the wrong way. he does a fine job of redirecting. He rarely makes mistakes.

Darby has so much make speed he has gotten turned around and then caught guys on vertical routes. amazing really.

Gilmore keeps it all in front of him

I do not see this. I think he is very steady. Just not glamorous. down right boring honestly

ay yi yi

It's not how he has appeared, it's how he has performed. When he gets beat deep it's usually been a play he had covered and then let up because he thought the play was over. For a while he had a recurring problem with rookie WR's as well. His competitiveness has not always been to the level needed to be considered elite by his peers.

It's not how he has appeared, it's how he has performed. When he gets beat deep it's usually been a play he had covered and then let up because he thought the play was over. For a while he had a recurring problem with rookie WR's as well. His competitiveness has not always been to the level needed to be considered elite by his peers.

i have seen his mistakes too.

I for one have never called him elite.

I am one who wants to keep him as a Buffalo Bill for awhile longer.

Guess one of you folks can list the times he got beat deep in the last two years.

Would like to refresh my memory.

I know he has played a bit odd in zone at times over the years. But i am not sure that was not more than one player at fault.

his biggest fault IMO is he does not see the whole picture, he focuses on his task and little more.

Edited by 3rdand12

no way Whaley blows the cap to pay Gilmore if Darby is better than last year... CBs in Rex's system are made by the system, which forces the ball out in under 3 seconds... corners can overplay the receiver as they only have responsibility for 3 seconds or so.... "anyone" can do that :)

ever think it was cb who made rex's system?

seriously, he had one of the best cb's of all time and one very good second cb, too. he's had loads of talent. it made his system.